Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my House, boat, all reloading and casting gear in Alemeda Fire in S. Or

Boolit Mold

Lost my House, boat, all reloading and casting gear in Alemeda Fire in S. Or

I did managed to recover a ton of melted lead off the garage floor. I was wondering if Anyone on here is in Southern Oregon or knows someone in Southern Or. The lead needs to be melted down and made into ingots. I'm in an apt until my house can be rebuilt so I have no place to set up let alone go buy a big pot to handle that much lead. I got most of my guns out but that is all the time I had, I lost 3 and all my hunting, fishing, ammo and reloading gear. Fire was so hot it melted my 18' customweld Viper River boat that was in the driveway.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firepic.PNG 
Views:	260 
Size:	681.2 KB 
ID:	269199

Boolit Mold
    I did recover some molds in the ashes, I need to clean them up and see if they are still use able

Boolit Master

Unimaginable! God bless you and help you toward better days.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master

Dang brother. Hate it happened. Become a Phoenix.

I feel for you. I was living in an apartment above a small business I worked at and lost everything in 2015. Still ain't recovered. Will keep you in thought and prayer.

I hate to hear that bro.
    I've had losses a couple times, but nothing like that.

We see such events on the news, and can only think how lucky and blessed we are not to have to live it.
    I hope your rebuild goes well and quickly.

I'd just leave the melted lead on the lot somewhere.
    It's getting harder and harder to find, and really shouldn't be a high theft kind of item.
    And it'll still be there when ya get back to it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    I feel for you. I was living in an apartment above a small business I worked at and lost everything in 2015. Still ain't recovered. Will keep you in thought and prayer.
    I feel for you too we lost our house and Dogs in a house fire 13 years ago we rebuilt we were out of our house for just about 8 month
    it sucks but we move on
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

+1 on just keeping the lead on the lot, it'll weather just fine. Go get it when you're ready. Had a house fire myself 8 yrs ago, it sucked! Let us know if you need any stuff to get back on your feet.... That boat loss musta hurt. Sorry man.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

+1 on just keeping the lead on the lot, it'll weather just fine. Go get it when you're ready. Had a house fire myself 8 yrs ago, it sucked! Let us know if you need any stuff to get back on your feet.... That boat loss musta hurt. Sorry man.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    I feel for you too we lost our house and Dogs in a house fire 13 years ago we rebuilt we were out of our house for just about 8 month
    it sucks but we move on
    Thanks. We saved our dogs and the cat. Lost the pet snake, ball python. Wife went out and down the stairs, while I started throwing pooches out the door. I'm told my boxer slid off the landing and fell from the second story on her head, got up happy as always. Wife still has PTSD from it.

Boolit Mold
    I got lead peeled up off the floor using a giant crow bar, its in 3'x3' sections. Joe504 I tried to message you back, but your folder is full and I cant send a message to you.

Boolit Mold
    the towns of Talent where I lived and the next town of Phoenix both burned about 1/2 of each town is gone, just leveled.

Boolit Mold
    Thank you guys for the kind words, I survived cancer in 2012 testicular that spread to lymph system and lungs, that wasn't as emotionally draining as losing everything. I had no notice to evacuate until it was a few blocks away. I never thought the fire would cross I-5, Hwy 99 and a dozen streets. But the kind words of support really help. Thanks

Boolit Master

Wish I were less than 2k mi. away. I would like to help.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Glad you saved most of your guns. You think any of the moulds are salvageable? Warped, rusty, just need sprayed off with remoil or what? What about dies?

When our apartment burnt they found an aluminum framing square almost undamaged. They. Gave it to me and I still have it.

Boolit Grand Master
    What a terrible story

Hope you recover quickly
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    If there is anyone in driving distance and capable of the following, consider the opportunity to lend a helping hand.

It seems that it would be nice if:
    • A fellow caster could drive to the OPs location and take possession of the lead
    • Said caster would then convert the lead into ingots
    • Said caster would then keep a fair (small) portion and post the rest for sale on this site for say $2.50 (or more) per lb. plus postage.
    • This site would pay the extra price knowing that the money from the sales would go directly to a fellow caster that could really use some help, Fishin Todd.

I know there are other things that Fishin could do, but the above would both make things easy on him, and give him some cash to replenish his supply some day in the future when he is in a position to use it.

Boolit Master

It's terrible to hear of the tragedies that happen to people everywhere. I'm sorry for your losses. I hope you can recover quickly. I would love to be able to help, but am down on the Gulf Coast. May God bless and keep you.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinTodd View Post
    I got lead peeled up off the floor using a giant crow bar, its in 3'x3' sections. Joe504 I tried to message you back, but your folder is full and I cant send a message to you.
    I got space now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Wish I lived closer , I could help you .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast