Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Win/Miroku continues to impress.

Win/Miroku continues to impress.

Shot this target yesterday at 50 yds. I had changed rear sights from a MVA vernier #133 to #131 which is the least fancy of all of them with no windage adjustment. Also a new load with a new bullet, 35 grs. Swiss 1.5 Accurate 43-230E ,lube 50% SPG 25% beeswax,25% olive oil so whatever that equates to is the recipe, the rifle has a 24” tapered octagon barrel and shoots very good.
    I was only trying to get a zero for the new sight,this is my hunting rifle this year for deer and Antelope. I shot 10 round at a 100 yards to get that setting, 5 MOA from 50 yard to 100 yards 3” group wind was really picking up.which leaves me over 1” of additional elevation , should be good to a bit over 225 yds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5D4C3532-E60E-4C1F-A689-5A12A93805D9.jpeg   684FF926-33B7-4422-BBF9-E59DAB55C98B.jpg  
    Last edited by Randy Bohannon; 10-11-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

I may have missed it, but what cartridge? Awesome shooting either way.

Do you have a close up of the new sight?

Very nice! Good luck on your hunts with the 44 WCF.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

MVA #131 rear sight with MVA #115 front sight, MVA #133(windage model) and MVA #111 front sight . Both rifles have had action and trigger work by Bill Fuchs in Ten Sleep Wyoming, he does real gunsmithing,stretching,filing,making parts and pieces for old/new lever guns and SA’s,stocks for SA’s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AC06E560-4A62-4AB0-9FD6-6BD8F1310544.jpg   E582D350-62D4-4157-8BB1-A609FC0B8FB3.jpg   042B3A79-817B-4F61-B209-8CCE88474B88.jpg  
    Last edited by Randy Bohannon; 10-11-2020 at 07:14 PM.

MVA #111 front sight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 968042B9-BF7C-4BAF-A9B4-76DEFC8E115B.jpg  

Boolit Master

I like that sight.I bought a Lyman from Brownell's that was supposed to fit mine but it doesn't. I made it work by shimming the back screw, but it looks terrible. I would like to have a sight like that with a shorter ramp or whatever you call that ladder thing.

Vendor Sponsor

Miroku barrels are very good as well, as are their overall product. Sometimes reproduction's skimp on barrel quality and heat treatment of parts. However, I am very happy with my Miroku rifles - just wish we had USA products to match and not have to import them.
    Chill Wills

Very much agreed, Mr Wills. TBird You might like their copy of a peep sight it is shorter and price includes the base and two aperatures. You will need the base that fits the Win. 1885 and it makes no difference if a pistol grip or straight grip as those are options. You have to remove the rear barrel sight to see the front sight ,also you might have to do something with front sight as well that’s why I went the way I did ,I know MVA products very well and they just work no muss no fuss.
    Last edited by Randy Bohannon; 10-12-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I have watched a video on the new 73 that indicated the fit of the toggle links is not the best. If you take a side cover off of yours I'd like to know what yours looks like. I would guess it is a one off or an internet problem. I really think I want on of these on the outside they look really nice.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mack1 View Post
    I have watched a video on the new 73 that indicated the fit of the toggle links is not the best. If you take a side cover off of yours I'd like to know what yours looks like. I would guess it is a one off or an internet problem. I really think I want on of these on the outside they look really nice.
    I have a browning/miroku 71, beautiful outside, ordinary innards, maybe I got the one they forgot to finish properly - but over the years have also had "kit guns" from uberti, CVA, Chiappa - some new some little used - all needed something done to make them function properly (not talking about race tuning - just work how the originals were intended) - got used to it - do my own work - several hundred bucks higher price for the factory to do it before they shipped I guess........................