Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Primers !!!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    How many cases of toilet paper do you have left ... same with primers
    Regards
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    How many cases of toilet paper do you have left ... same with primers
    In a little town like Terrace the toilet paper flew off the shelves faster than Mexican food through the intestines. Lasted until the next Safeway truck arrived and now the world has returned to normal with shelves full of soft softer, softest. LOL I have a friend with at least 25K rds of .223 loaded and ready. I call him target.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    In a little town like Terrace the toilet paper flew off the shelves faster than Mexican food through the intestines. Lasted until the next Safeway truck arrived and now the world has returned to normal with shelves full of soft softer, softest. LOL I have a friend with at least 25K rds of .223 loaded and ready. I call him target.

Take Care

Bob

Does he have a barn full of TP as well?

Also reminds me of our high capacity magazine ban...that didn’t last. But buy was the public buying up $30 mags for $300 to $1200! I still have a couple of 30 round mags NIB for my P85 mark 11 and a bunch of 30 plus ar mags I picked for for $20 each so I can get rich the next time it happens. Imo stupidity at its finest. People making laws they no knowledge about. I’m waiting for the day someone goes on a mass killing spree with a fork. Will will all be trying to eat with only knives and spoons after the fork ban takes place. Son, son...I remember the day we all ate with forks...lol.

I’m waiting for a primer ban now.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 10-16-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Agreed 100% with Don/USSR. No outright bans, but registration, limits on what and how many you can buy, insurance, training, taxes, etc. They will put so many hoops and expense that many will just give up. Ask me how I know.....I live in NYS with one party rule where buying a handgun requires permission, background checks for private sales, AR and magazine bans and/or registration and no online ammo sales. VOTE , VOTE ! VOTE !

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Agreed 100% with Don/USSR. No outright bans, but registration, limits on what and how many you can buy, insurance, training, taxes, etc. They will put so many hoops and expense that many will just give up. Ask me how I know.....I live in NYS with one party rule where buying a handgun requires permission, background checks for private sales, AR and magazine bans and/or registration and no online ammo sales. VOTE , VOTE ! VOTE !
    We don't have it quite that bad but it isn't great either. Ip here some of the legislation did help. While safe storage laws would seem redundant to many of us who took precautions when our children were young, after the legislation mandated how firearms were to be stored in the home, accidental deaths and shootings in the home were virtually eliminated. There were not many anyway, and I am sure not all complied but most did. What to me was pretty obvious I guess eluded some. Most of the offensive legislation makes little to no sense. Most of it draws on the emotional element within us all. If it overtakes your rational thought the laws make sense. If it doesn't you realize that most of the legislation has no affect on crime rates at all. LIke some have saidm "There is nothing more persistent than a Liberal with a bad idea".

Hoarding 25,000+ primers when you shoot <a thousand rounds a year is irrational if not just silly. This is particularly true if you are over 60. I am 75 and that would make it just stupid.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Buddy
    Local area primers were found at $50-52 per box. It wasn't a terrible day.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Cargo3...d-c2208c93c436
    Cargo

Yikes 65.67Cdn I hope that is not what we are looking at in the future.

Take Care

Bob

Boolit Master
    ......Hoarding 25,000+ primers when you shoot <a thousand rounds a year is irrational if not just silly. This is particularly true if you are over 60. I am 75 and that would make it just stupid.

Take Care

Bob
    I agree, unless you are a prepper type. For an all out govt breakdown then things like booze, drugs and ammo will be the currency of the day. And, no, I am not a prepper. A couple thousand primers is more than enough for me.

Boolit Master
    ......Hoarding 25,000+ primers when you shoot <a thousand rounds a year is irrational if not just silly. This is particularly true if you are over 60. I am 75 and that would make it just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I agree, unless you are a prepper type. For an all out govt breakdown then things like booze, drugs and ammo will be the currency of the day. And, no, I am not a prepper. A couple thousand primers is more than enough for me.
    Call me an optimist. While I am 70, I hope to be shooting for the next 25 years. So, my stash of primers at pre-shortage prices are like money in the bank. Anyone think primers bought in the past few years will be cheaper in a year or two?

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Like many things it takes some discipline. Mainly the financial type, to set aside money over time, perhaps at the cost of foregoing other purchases, and not touch it except for its intended purpose, to buy components when prices are good. Not always easy.

Don if your parents were active when they were 95 God Bless them and good luck to you. If they weren't I would reassess what you can expect at 95. AT our age it seems to me to be thinking why put off today for something as far out as what you may be doing when you are 95. This trip does have an ending to it. All the best I hope you make it. I'll buy you a bottle of Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey and we can drink it together.

Take Care

Bob

Boolit Grand Master
    Don if your parents were active when they were 95 God Bless them and good luck to you. If they weren't I would reassess what you can expect at 95. AT our age it seems to me to be thinking why put off today for something as far out as what you may be doing when you are 95. This trip does have an ending to it. All the best I hope you make it. I'll buy you a bottle of Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey and we can drink it together.

Take Care

Bob
    My dad died at 67 and my mom is 97. I am 70 and look like I am 60.

I have way more than 25k primers...in fact I plan to sell 100k shortly after the election when I expect prices to peak. During the last shortage, I made a better ROI on .22's, ammunition and components than I did on my IRA and RRSP (Canadians will know what that is).

Ammunition and components are an excellent investment if you look at the last 10 years. Unlike the stock market, marketing timing is less volatile. And when prices peak, they stay that way for a long time. It is comforting to look at my stash of stuff and know it will never go down in value.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    Like many things it takes some discipline. Mainly the financial type, to set aside money over time, perhaps at the cost of foregoing other purchases, and not touch it except for its intended purpose, to buy components when prices are good. Not always easy.
    I never even got into shooting until I was retired and knew the money was not needed for something else.

Moderator Emeritus

Mother died a few weeks short of 92, Dad at 94. I expect to live a long time but will be shocked if I am still shooting at age 85. I am 66 and have lost so much vision and skills in the last ten years I doubt I would be much more than recreational then. Also attitudes and hobbies change.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    All the best I hope you make it. I'll buy you a bottle of Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey and we can drink it together.
    No whiskey for me, Bob, if I'm gonna live to 95. But I'd gladly drink a German or Czech pilsner with you. Is Staropramen still available in Canada? Fell in love with it on my European trips, and they stopped importing it into the U.S. about 5 years ago.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    My dad died at 67 and my mom is 97. I am 70 and look like I am 60.

I have way more than 25k primers...in fact I plan to sell 100k shortly after the election when I expect prices to peak. During the last shortage, I made a better ROI on .22's, ammunition and components than I did on my IRA and RRSP (Canadians will know what that is).

Ammunition and components are an excellent investment if you look at the last 10 years. Unlike the stock market, marketing timing is less volatile. And when prices peak, they stay that way for a long time. It is comforting to look at my stash of stuff and know it will never go down in value.

I have to say the bolded comment is not correct. The US dollar is falling taking ours with it. Look at your grocery bill, the cost of a vehicle and you will see the dollar does not purchase what it once did. Yes you will have more dollars but they will be worth less. Your GOP and Democrats have discovered what our Prime Minister has you can fool people by just printing money. Life is good until the bill collector comes a calling in the form of inflation. You are not a prepper you are a speculator In wartime the Gov't would lock you up but in peacetime fill your boots,

Take Care
    Bob

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post

I have way more than 25k primers...in fact I plan to sell 100k shortly after the election when I expect prices to peak.
    Is that called selling short? Selling more than you have on hand? I've got every bit of that on hand, but I ain't sellin' nuthin.

Just sayin'

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a stash of primers to last a long time.
    Buy a case whenever I can find a good deal.
    Been doing it for years.
    Store them in 20mm ammo cans with a few bags of desiccant.
    Have some really old primers that still work fine.
    Friend used to pull primers.
    Gave me a bunch of them.
    Some work, some don't.
    I wonder if t will come down to this.

I really don't know how many primers I have.
    Seriously doubt it's more than 25k but know it's got to be more than 10k.
    Spose I should count them but I would probably forget by tomorrow.

Boolit Master
    I got 1000 LR primers at a LGS a few days ago for $53, LR was all they had.
    Shoulda left 'em but I was gettin powder anyway. Just went there to look around
    with a friend, knew I would end up buyin somethin!

Too bad about the roll caps, haven't looked at that in a while, experimented with
    reloading primers a few years ago & forgot all about it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast