RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Homemade turning target system.

Boolit Buddy

Homemade turning target system.

I've just finished this turning target system, designed for ISSF (Olympic) style pistol shooting training. It's portable and runs on a 12v motorcycle battery.

The ISSF pistol shooting is all one handed, open sight competitions. The centrefire match is for any centrefire pistol over .32. Total of 30 shots (in 6 strings of 5) on a static target at 25m (27yds)
    then 30 shots (again 6 x5) on the dueling target. 3 second face time, 7 second edge time. pistol must be returned to 45 degrees after each shot.

Any other edge/face time and number of exposures can be programmed and has a wireless remote control to start/stop and edge the targets.

https://youtu.be/wqX8wGTrGVw

Thats a great target set up. I shoot the same competition twice a month and really enjoy using using either my Benelli target pistol or my 19-2 revolver. I would make 1 change however being building a square frame to mount the target on as with your current design you will shoot out the center and the mount pretty quick.
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver man View Post
    Thats a great target set up. I shoot the same competition twice a month and really enjoy using using either my Benelli target pistol or my 19-2 revolver. I would make 1 change however being building a square frame to mount the target on as with your current design you will shoot out the center and the mount pretty quick.
    I agree - That was put together for a bit of a try this morning. Already made a modification: If it's still a problem I'll make an open frame design.

I used to shoot a lot of this many years ago with a S&W 14 .38 Masterpiece then switched to a .32 Pardini.