Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: GRT Gordon's reloading tool

Boolit Man

GRT Gordon's reloading tool

I didn't know what forum this best fit in, so it landed here...

This interior ballistics software appears to be a (semi) free alternative to Quickload. Its user interface is nice, and so far has predicted loads very close to the reloading manuals. After 1 month it insisted on updating, which I did. Gordon wants $1 per month to keep the project running. This seems reasonable - only thing is, it is completely unclear what version you will get - all the downloads are the latest beta versions. And it is unknown if the paid version will require updating every month. He would do well to explain these things.

https://grtools.de/doku.php

Boolit Grand Master

Interesting but if it's free as it says several times why do you hae to pay? It looks like a lot of work and I know that is what Patreon is for but he should just say he wan'ts $1/mth which is pretty reasonable I think. Is it all in European Bars/CIP/MM or can it be switched over to our system?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Man
    You can choose Metric or Imperial units. And using it is pretty intuitive. I have been using it for free - and it forced me to update to a newer beta version after a month - maybe it's free for now as long as you're willing to be a beta tester ...

Boolit Master
    Someone above asked since it's Free " Why Is he Asking for money". Websites are Free for you to View but the guy who Puts it up Pay a flat fee per year to Run ,or by the month. Then he pays every time someone Clicks on it.
    Nothing Is really Free
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    $1 sounds like a deal, way better than flashy adds that take the page forever to load. I might have to look into this...

Banned

A few loads I entered were WAY OFF. Said it was more than double the psi that have shown were in the 48K psi range.

Boolit Man
    Did you set all the parameters? For instance depth of seating makes a big difference.

Boolit Grand Master

G.I.G.O.
    Garbage In Garbage Out

It’s this way w/ any computer program. At at that it’s simply a prediction. It doesn’t mean it’s going to one hundred percent correct because every firearm is unique.

I may get around to checking this free program against Quickload at some point. Choices are never a bad thing.

Boolit Master

I have Quickloads. I plea the fith on how I got it and have been using it for years. I do like the way GRT looks. I havent sat down with it to enter all the details accurately to see what I get. Last I checked they need to some help getting American powder burn profiles.

Unfortunately GRT doesn't work though on ARM based systems and neither does Drop Box (another rant for another time severally off topic) or Quickloads. Using a Rasberry Pi for my reloading computer.

As of now it appears to just be a dollar donation.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~