Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast for Supper

Boolit Master

Breakfast for Supper

Ok, I don't know if I going into territory already explored, or not. As I said on the OP of the favorite sandwich thread, I tend to simpler things in life. Been cooking all my life, virtually, started fixing meals for the family around 12 yoa. Wasn't because my parents were lazy--Mom was a really good cook, and Dad had been a cook in a logging camp in the early 30's. (Not job I would want) My wife is a dang good cook, as well, but I like to cook, as well. Anyway, my wife wasn't feeling good tonight, and I have a rack of ribs in the oven going for tomorrow. I decided I wanted "Breakfast for Supper." My favorite is some sausage, a pancake (about 8 in. across, slathered in butter, swimming in syrup) with an egg cooked sunny side up perched on top. Heaven to this guy. So, do you like this as a change of pace? What⁹'s your favorite?
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Cast Hunter

When our kids were still in the house, my wife would occasionally make Breakfast for Supper as well. We had the basics (eggs, sausage, hash browns) and it was nice change up.
    Last edited by RugerFan; 10-08-2020 at 10:33 PM.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Buddy
    Y'all are making me hungry!

I love breakfast for supper. We did that when I was a kid. The nights we had Post Toasties for supper were not my favorite.....

We have taters and eggs for dinner alot. Heck tonight I had two fried eggs on top of some leftover goulash for dinner.

Should have took a pic of it so I could have posted it all the kids do now .
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

I like eggs anytime day or night. My favorite dinner/ breakfast is cornbeef hash nice and browned with four over medium eggs on top. Another good one is a chile/ cheese omelet with salsa. It has to be no bean chile.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

If dinner was late for some reason, my Mom would do a breakfast for dinner thing because it was faster, and everybody liked it.

I never got around to it much myself.
    I just never thought of it, and between the freezer & micro wave, or left overs, there was always too many other options.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I was super skinny as a kid, didn't eat much breakfast.
    My mom asked me what I would eat for breakfast.
    I said hotdogs, guess what, I got hotdogs!

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I just had pancakes and peaches for supper.

Boolit Master
    My wife loves breakfast for any meal! I like bacon any time but in general prefer supper for breakfast. Worked night shifts off and on all my life, any food any time, just not much into breakfast foods. Biscuits are always welcome, like bacon and sausage gravy.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Buddy
    We call it Brinner and it varies. The last time we did that it was hasbrowns topped with cheese, fried eggs and smothered in hatch green chili sausage gravy.

Moderator Emeritus

Huckleberry pancakes. bacon and fried or scrambled eggs. What's not to like?
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    When I was a kid, every week or too, my mother would fix pancakes, sausage and green beans for supper. Had to eat green beans if pancakes and sausage were served for supper.

We eat hashbrowns and sausage for supper all the time. I don't subscribe to the notion that certain foods are for certain meals. I have always ate supper foods for breakfast, normally as leftovers.

Boolit Master

We're having pancakes & sausage tomorrow night. Have it about every 3 weeks or so.
    Even better is Eggs Benedict with Cheese sauce.
    Or Biscuits with Sausage Gravy. Now that the summer is finally starting to leave SoCal, it's getting close to firing up the oven;

!!!! BAKING TIME !!!!
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Many a night time meal growing up saw what Mom called corn fritters. Normal pancake batter with a can of each creamed and whole corn. A family of seven can put away a bunch of plate sized cakes.
    The way I like corn fritters, is with bunches of butter and as much granulated sugar as the butter will hold.

Boolit Bub
    Breakfast for dinner is a scheduled meal in my house at least once a week. Bacon or sausage, pancakes, eggs, home fries, juice...the works. Monday's my favorite night for that reason alone.

Moderator Emeritus

Another breakfast for any meal but I am just a big kid anyway so..

Banned

we did breakfast for supper last night. I made breakfast burritos. Eggs, sauage, bacon, ham, onion and ched cheese in a burrito shell topped with home made sausage gravy.

Boolit Master
    We have breakfast, in the evenings, quite often. Mostly, because we have dinner/supper at noon. Favorite breakfast is French Toast with pure maple syrup and either sausage or thick sliced ham.

Winelover

Moderator Emeritus

Couple times a month I do bacon, eggs over easy on a bed of hashbrowns. Or instead of potato toast to dip in the runny yolk...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast