Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideal #1 Sizer

Boolit Grand Master
    I also picked up a #1 from evilbay.
    Shipping was almost as much as the luber.
    No clamp, that I knew nothing about.
    It did have the wrench though.
    Got a thread going about my adventure working on it in the Casting Equipment section.
    Been watching to see if a clamp might show up.
    But I'll probably just make one.

Boolit Grand Master
    I thought about your thread when I was bidding on this one, abunaitoo. When I got my “spare” wrench, it was from a dealer who sells a lot of old reloading stuff. He said he almost didn’t bother to list it because he didn’t think anybody would be interested. So hang in there, although they don’t show up often, I have seen a couple of the clamps on the ‘Bay. In the meanwhile, I would look into making some sort of substitute or maybe using a couple of little C-clamps if I could.

Regards,
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master
    Life is good! My third Ideal #1 Lubricator got here today on the white FEDEX truck and upon unpacking, it looks as good as I had hoped... a little rust on the two metal shafts and of course some cement-hard black lube as well as the usual missing paint chips, but all in all pretty good. The other good news is that not only did I have the missing wrench for it... I actually found it with less than 10 minutes of searching. I had stashed it in a box of Pacific Pistol Measures (Don't ask!)

For those keeping score, I now have three #1s, two from New Haven and one Middlefield. I'll decide sooner or later whether I want to keep the dupe or sell it and redirect the cash into other projects. Then again, maybe trade bait?

Froggie

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Yer killin me,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Yer killin me,,,,,,
    But I still can’t find a #2!

Banned
    Well, we know who has a #2, and it ain't me

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    But I still can’t find a #2!
    Tell me about it...
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Grand Master
    Reactivating this old thread... I've decided to keep my "original" (New Haven) #1 which I've been using to size and lube .515" bullets for my Maynard (very soft lube based on the old Emmert's formula) and my newly acquired Late Type (Middlefield) will get a .313" die to size bullets for my 32 S&W L through 327 FM with classic 50-50 NRA formula beeswax and ALOX.

I'm putting together a list of reloading stuff to sell. I guess I'll put the third press on that list, but I'm wondering whether I should offer it on Swapping and Selling here first for the good of our group, or whether I should put all of this stuff at auction to maximize my return on investment.

Froggie

Banned
    How you sell them depends on if I need them Keep me in the loop, I am looking for a "few good tools".

Ken

Boolit Buddy
    I'm for giving Pressman a crack at em through PM first. Then us here
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Grand Master
    Woe is me! I've mislaid the top cap (the cast iron "spider") from my first Ideal #1 lubricator sizer. I'm sure it's somewhere on my cluttered work bench but I noticed today when I was looking to see what kind of lube stick was in it (it was an old black stick of Ideal Lubricant.) Now I've got to break down and clean up the bench to find that one weird piece.

Froggie

Banned
    Mr Frog Person, after you find that cap stop over and help me find a cheek riser I know I have, somewhere, in the basement.

Boolit Grand Master
    It would probably be cheaper for me to buy a cheek riser (whatever that is) than to travel all the way to the “Land-o-Lakes” to help you search!

Stay warm!
    Froggie

Banned
    Mr. Frog Person Sir, that's very nice of you to offer to buy me a cheek riser. Thank you very much.

This is where it's needed, without the riser my chin is on the stock while looking through the scope.

I know I have a riser, I had it out a year ago. Then I put it away and thinking at the time that maybe I should not store it here as I won't be able to find it back. Yup, it's true, I can't find it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9607.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	274974

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12