MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Kick's Chokes Excellent Customer Service

Boolit Mold

Kick's Chokes Excellent Customer Service

Did a bunch of buckshot and slug testing this past weekend, both my shoulder and cheek are still feeling it but I got a lot accomplished. I did notice that my new Kick's Buckkicker Extra Full Choke Tube would not even screw into the barrel of my Benelli Super Nova. The Light Full and Standard Full worked like a champ, so I had to notify Kick's and return the choke hoping I was still within the 30 day guarantee to get a replacement. I emailed Kick's and received an email from Chuck, who turned out to be Chuck Boswell, the Vice President of Kick's, who helped me straighten my online account issues. I got tied up at work and had to call Kick's back. I called them back, talked to a guy name unknown in the shipping department, told him my tale of dysfunctional choke tube, and he said, "We'll just send you another one. We will also send you a prepaid shipping label to return the non working choke tube to us so we can see what is wrong." He had the choke tube packed up as we talked on the phone, and 5 minutes later I had a tracking number in my email.

I was very impressed. If you need choke tubes, buy them from Kick's.

Just my .02,
    LeonCarr

Boolit Master
    I've got exactly ONE screw in choke gun at the moment a late 1980's Benalli Montefeltro 12 gauge with a 23" barrel . Anyway I bought all three of the Kicks Buckkicker chokes . Tried them all with 3" factory loads and they all did very nicely . I bought three or four other screw in's made specifically for buckshot from other manufacturers and the Kicks seemed to do a skoosh better for me .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Mold
    Two days after having the conversation with Kick's the new choke tube was in my mailbox last night when I got home from work, and screwed right into the barrel.

I am seeing 50% tighter buckshot patterns with some loads at 40 yards after switching from the Carlson's Extended Choke Tubes I normally use to the same diameter Kick's Buckkicker, and none of the loads are shooting larger patterns with the Buckkicker than with the Carlson's Extended Choke Tube. I like 'em so far.

Just my .02,
    LeonCarr

Boolit Grand Master
    LeonCarr,
    Question: Did you have the barrel tapped for the screw in choke or did the barrel come new ready to take a choke? I just looked up Breily for the service to tap one of my doubles and the price was over the top.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    LeonCarr,
    Question: Did you have the barrel tapped for the screw in choke or did the barrel come new ready to take a choke? I just looked up Breily for the service to tap one of my doubles and the price was over the top.
    Yeah, Briley's can take a hike. What a bunch of blood suckers. If you want good barrel work done, go to Mike Orlen. I just had a single barrel tapped, and I don't think it was more than $75 including shipping. It was there and done in the same week too.

Boolit Master
    We’ve sent a number of barrels to Mike Orlan to have choke tubes installed . Also sent a few stocks to him to have bent .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Kicks and kicks tubes are awesome. I have a .670” and .680” for my A390 and 87’ pintail. My a390 and .670” will put 6 lead BB’s with federal 2 7/8 oz in a 5” circle at 60 yards. The ammo is discontinued but I still have a case left. My Pintail will do the same with #4 buck at the same distance with the .680” and A 3” 41 pellet load. I shot a coyote braking two of its legs at 109 yards two years ago using the .670” tube and the old Remington HD BB ammo that was discontinued 20 plus years ago. The .670” I bought used and after using HD ammo over the years I had shot streaking indents inside the tube. Kicks replaced it under their lifetime warranty. Pattern master has replaced and traded choke tubes with me a no charge as well. I had an original kicks they wouldn’t pattern on two of my 10 gauges so they replaced it with an extended choke I never used. This past summer they traded me again for a turkey choke for my 24” Browning 10 gauge turkey gun. That choke works great...but I’d rather have a kicks turkey choke for my 10 gauge. When cabelas use to have a bargain cave I’d buy every turkey choke tube I could find there. Most were $6 to $8 returns. I have a good dozen and half for my berettas and three or four turkey tubes for my 10 gauge from them. I’d hate to have to buy another choke for my 10 gauge now a days. Most are $100 or more and you don’t even know if they will pattern worth a darn. I do know if I buy a kicks I won’t be disappointed.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 10-10-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    LeonCarr,
    The barrel came ready to take chokes, and as mentioned Mike Orlen is the guy for shotgun barrel and choke work.

Just my .02,
    LeonCarr