Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyman Tru-Line Jr. Press Vs. the Lyman Tru-line Press

Boolit Grand Master
    Talk about a zombie thread!!! I started reading with the first posting, saw some familiar names and was going to respond to a couple of comments but then noticed the dates from 13 years ago.

I’ve still got an All American set up for 327 Fed Mag, and the little TL Jr is still bolted to the bench and gets used mostly to load 32 S&W Long cartridges. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    It is an antique thread and so is the AA press but it and the Dillon 550b are my two favorite presses. Now days your lucky if you can find an AA for under$125. I have two of the TL Jrs but don't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    It is an antique thread and so is the AA press but it and the Dillon 550b are my two favorite presses. Now days your lucky if you can find an AA for under$125. I have two of the TL Jrs but don't use them.
    About 4 months ago, I bought an NIBLayman AA turrent press on Ebay for $80.00 shipped. Yep this was a whale of a deal, but they can be found. That brings me up to three of these great smooth presses.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    I just purchased an All American from Ebay for a few pennies under $125.00.It came with a set of RCBS .38/.357 dies and a J shell holder.They still show up occasionally.They are very nice presses.I don't use the primer setup on them.I prime with an RCBS bench priming tool.

Boolit Master

I have both version of the AA turret press, I use them for everything except full length sizing of my rifle casings.

I would love to find an original AA turret press "BOX" in good condition for my Lyman display.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

I have seen on Ebay a seller that has replacement turrets for the Tru Line JR press with standard 3/4 by 14 threaded holes.
    Don't recall the seller or the price
    Leo

Boolit Master
    My TLJr , which has a 7/8x14 turret and a replacement moving platen which holds std shellholders
    is great for processing my 25-20 cases/including a powder measure, for Schuetzen at the shooting bench.
    I also load 300BO on it.
    beltfed/arnie

Boolit Grand Master
    In some of the old Ideal Cast Bullet Handbooks, there used to be a section on reloading in the field/at the range. It included a picture of a car trunk (like a '38 Chrysler???) open and a little loading bench utilizing a TL Jr all set up to go right there. Sort of tailgating for reloader, I guess.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by 44magLeo View Post
    I have seen on Ebay a seller that has replacement turrets for the Tru Line JR press with standard 3/4 by 14 threaded holes.
    Don't recall the seller or the price
    Leo
    My Dad had a Jr. that he bored out himself to take 7/8 dies. Still have it I bought another many years ago, and upgraded in 2010 with the shellholder adapter and the six-holer replacement turret, (bought on Gunbroker, not evilBay). That one is a permanent installation in my "portable" reloading bench, (originally built almost 20 years ago when I was an apartment dweller). It still does all my 9mm and .38 Spl. reloading.

I have the 310 die chart as a .JPG file. Can easily email it. Send me a P/M.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home Reloading Box.JPG  
    Last edited by uscra112; 12-20-2018 at 07:14 AM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12