Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB Luger Dis-assembly tools

WTB Luger Dis-assembly tools

Tricky post this one.

My brother finally found a Luger and is in the market for a take-down tool. This is outside my field of expertise, but I'm guessing that many of the members here are well acquainted with them. He would love an original period (WWII Vintage) tool, but there are a great many counterfeits out there. He is OK with a counterfeit, but doesn't want to pay the price for an original. A re-pop is fine too- priced accordingly. In short, as long as he gets what he pays for he'll be happy. SO, let me know what you have via post or PM.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

I don't specifically know of any for sale right now (because I haven't been looking for one) but both SARCO and Gun Parts Co. have offered replicas in the past at reasonable prices. I'd start by checking there. An original will definitely cost more that a repro, but as to appearance and utility there isn't much difference. The tool came standard in the holster, usually with a cleaning rod and extra magazine. If he's looking to complete his Luger with a holster you can often find a holster that comes with the tool inside of it.

Boolit Master
    It is easy to field strip. Just turn the lever on the side plate. That is the plate that transfers the trigger motion the the sear, outside the frame. After you have turned the lever, the barrel and breach block and toggle assembly will slide forward. I never found need for further disassembly.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 10-07-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

4. 10-07-2020, 06:36 PM
    Reason
    Requested by Gopher Slayer--duplicate post.

5. 10-07-2020, 06:49 PM
    Reason
    Requested by Gopher Slayer.

I think the tool you are talking about is to load the mags. You definitely NEED one to get the last few rounds in unless you have pain free thumbs. As GOPHERSLAYER said, you don't need any tools to field strip unless you want to take grips off. Aside from some feeding issues they are a great pistol!
    fools rush in where angels fear to tread...Alexander Pope

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    It is easy to field strip. Just turn the lever on the side plate. That is the plate that transfers the trigger motion the the sear, outside the frame. After you have turned the lever, the barrel and breach block and toggle assembly will slide forward. I never found need for further disassembly.
    This is true, but before you can get the lever to turn downward you need to press the muzzle against a hard flat surface and push forward, which will push the barrel and toggle assembly backward about 1/4-1/2 inch. Turn the lever downward while maintaining the pressure, or it will never turn. Many Lugers have nicks and scratches around the lever from people who did not know that the lever won't move without following this procedure.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

"This is true, but before you can get the lever to turn downward you need to press the muzzle against a hard flat surface and push forward, which will push the barrel and toggle assembly backward about 1/4-1/2 inch. Turn the lever downward while maintaining the pressure, or it will never turn. Many Lugers have nicks and scratches around the lever from people who did not know that the lever won't move without following this procedure."

Great point!!
    fools rush in where angels fear to tread...Alexander Pope

Boolit Mold

luger tool

Quote Originally Posted by beezapilot View Post
    Tricky post this one.

My brother finally found a Luger and is in the market for a take-down tool. This is outside my field of expertise, but I'm guessing that many of the members here are well acquainted with them. He would love an original period (WWII Vintage) tool, but there are a great many counterfeits out there. He is OK with a counterfeit, but doesn't want to pay the price for an original. A re-pop is fine too- priced accordingly. In short, as long as he gets what he pays for he'll be happy. SO, let me know what you have via post or PM.
    call bob simpson in gailsburg ill he hashem

Thank you gentlemen! As a member of the geezer squad I never thought of Amazon-