MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Anyone loaded/loading 410 Buck or Slugs??

Boolit Master

Anyone loaded/loading 410 Buck or Slugs??

I have had a love hate relationship With the 410.

Some 30 years back I realized its a unique caliber. I find its best used as a rifle that shoots a shot load. I prefer to aim it and not use it for wing shooting. Altho is alure is strong as hand thrown clays are easily and repeatedly dusted. Its useable pattern and range is short/close.

I have tried to buy a revolver in 410 at least five times. Never have not as yet owned one. Some months back I was called and told one came in used to fav shop. I arrived as it was sold. I was in another shop some Weeks later and learned Taurus made a poly version. I was looking at it and decided to buy. But was told THAT ONE was being held for another customer. They would get me one and have some in stock soon. Well Aparently there was a "run" and I just dont see them. Either cause they sell
    Slowly or are hard to get. But its not 100% my intent for this thread...

I have owned a couple "regular" 410 shotguns for many years. My favorite being a very old Beretta Single Shot Excelsior. Its a short 410 not marked but believe it to be under 2 1/2". (Shoots 2.5" just fine) I chopped the bbl and added rifle sites. It shoots. ERY WELL with Brenekee "close encounter" 2.5" shells. Pretty well with buck shot too. Its barrel of coarse now is cyl bore.

I have known about 410 levers since Marlin made one so many years back. Henry is enjoying making there now. Apparently folks seem to really like it. I learned that they make a shorty They call the AXE. I AM SMITTEN!! So its on order!!

THIS IS MY REASON for the thread. I havent really loaded shotgun in nearly thirty years!! Even then it was only shot shells. I still have the MEC loaders all set up for 12, 20 & 410. I found it easier to have complete set UP Machines. I have never loaded buck or slugs. I like what I read of these Italian slugs. I bought a "0" and "000" Buck molds and have a bottle of each cast. After watching and searching for a #4 & "00" buck decided in a dual mold that casts both. I should have next week. Searching the shortages or "runs" have effected even this obscure corner if the gun world a d components are scarce!! But I found what I think Im Needing. I also have a tool cut over shot cards for 12, 20 & now have made one for 410. I ordered a roll crimp for 410 as well. (Had one for 12)

Any experience loading buck or slugs is appreciated. Mostly for use in the Beretta and Henry AXE.

Thanks guys

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Ballistic products are your friend contact them they have a lot of specialty stuff for 410 from tooling to projectiles and in between.

Boolit Master

Agreed!! Also Precision Reloading. ♥️♥️

Unfortunately BOTH HAVE MINIMAL STOCK...

Midway had a few things. BPI had ONE THING and eBay seller had a couple More!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Banner Sponsor

I get hulls, wads and buckshot from BPI.
    I bought their 410 manual for load data.
    I load four 000 buck with 2400 and roll crimp for my Judge.
    I'll look and see if I can find the load data

Banner Sponsor

Couldn't find the load data, sorry.
    I think the load book only had data for three 000 buck, so I just reduced the load a little bit.