Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What is your oldest firearm?

Boolit Master
    A 1956 Smith K-38.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master

I guess my oldest would be a 1907 '03. Love to shoot that one. Next would either be my Brit or M1 Carbine.

Boolit Master
    Oldest is a Winchester 1890 in 22WRF. Built in 1917.

Boolit Master
    Oldest is a Remington model 8 in 35 Remington. per serial no made in 1913. Two others that are older than me. Sons and daughter are all going to inherit a bunch of guns that are older than they are.

Boolit Grand Master

Have a Spanish Mauser Calvary Carbine from 1898. I estimate it has a 35# trigger on it.

Boolit Master
    1940’s ish J Stevens single barrel 12g shotgun... nearly impossible to date since there is no serial #and they were sold by the goss

Earliest dateable 1950 J Higgins model 30... more accurate than me

My Oldest is a 95% original 1942 Remington 1903 Springfield it is a shooter not a safe queen. It is my most accurate rifle inch and a half group at 200 yards using the Battle Sight.

Boolit Master
    My oldest is a Colt,"Model of 1911 U S Army" & "United States Property"but no other inspectors marks to help date it but we did find something that was unique to guns made prior to 1928, IIRC
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

Boolit Master
    A Model 1860 Colt Army produced in about 1863 with government inspector marks, US that is.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

My oldest is an 1851 muzzle loading "Cape" gun made in Birmingham, England. It has Damascus barrels with one barrel 12ga and the other .45cal that appears to be a rifle tube soldered to a 12ga barrel. (In either case, it exhibits excellent workmanship with virtually little wear of the lock and barrels without pits or rust; for I had a competent gunsmith check it out.) It does employ double triggers and "Rabbit Ears" for cocking. I've only shot it a few times, but the rear non-adjustable sight seems to be regulated for 70grs FFg of black powder using 1 1/8oz load in one and a 200gr Lee REAL bullet in the other.

Boolit Grand Master
    Oldest I shoot is my 1866 Chassepot needle gun.
    I have two, but normally only shoot one of them.
    I have shot the other a few times.
    Then there's my 1886 Lebel.
    Both shoot well, and are lots of fun.

Boolit Master
    My oldest breech loader, that is dated, is a model 1860 Dreyse needle rifle dated 1862. I have some muzzleloaders that are most likely older, one is a 28 gauge fowler that I believe was made about 1840.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Gdad's mint 1910 Ithaca 12g sxs. An uncle's '23 L.C.Smith 12g sxs. Gdad's 1917 .45acp carried in WWl in the Army air Corp. He was a recon pilot/photographer.

Gentle handloads in all of them. The 1911 is ridiculously accurate with H&G 68.

Boolit Buddy

Oldest would be a toss-up between a Tokarev SVT-40 and a M1 Garand. The Garand was late 40's, Tokarev I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan in Vermont View Post
    My oldest is a Colt,"Model of 1911 U S Army" & "United States Property"but no other inspectors marks to help date it but we did find something that was unique to guns made prior to 1928, IIRC
    You should be able to date it fairly precisely by the serial number.

Boolit Master
    Most of my regular shooters are more than 50 years old, but my oldest two are my Remington Model 4 rolling block (113 tears old) and my 1909 Argentine Mauser (110 years old). My Enfield is only 84 years old, and my P38 pistol only 75.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    The oldest I regularly shoot would be a first year 16 gage M12, 1914. Bought it from the daughter of a family friend, who’s father had bought it new. That gun accounted for LOTS of game from quail to ducks, some in my presence. Then there is a 1919 S&W hand ejector, saw it at a gun shop just as I was saying I wasn’t going to buy any guns this year, oh well. 6 inch 38special, grips match and in overall great condition, accurate as well. Sights are tiny, but ok in good light. There a first year Remington M17 that I hunt and shoot skeet with, 1921, I believe. Another gun shop find. Most everything I shoot very much is older than me, with a few exceptions. Newest I shot last weekend was 1954 oldest ,1925 with a 36 model in between. The 28 gage Red Label got shot, but not by me.

Kind of on topic I guess, one year I made a conscious decision to hunt with only pre war firearms. Had a great year, no scopes became a bit of a habit for a while. Made for a fun challenge, leaving the 870 and T Bolt home.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I have it I haven't shot it but I think I finally have a bullet so I can make the paper cartridges for it . It's an 1866 Chessipot with an 1871 issue stamp .
    Mom's 1917 Colt is on a 1905 frame .
    1916 M12 and DWM Gew 98 action with 2/3 of its OM stock .
    Pair of 1918 made Smith 1917s one severely Bubba'd .
    After that there's a bunch of boring 40s, 50s stuff then it's mostly late model .....between my Dads stuff , Mom's personal property , the kids , and myself I think there are only 3 guns made in this century and only 4-5 less than 50 years old .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Man
    My oldest is a Smith&Wesson New Model Russian #3, .44 Russian. I think, 1871? Someone else here may know better when.
    Bought it from the famous "Red" Jackson, Jackson Arms, Dallas back in the very early 70's.
    Really badly done re-plate from who knows when, but it's fun to shoot, and with a bore that looks like a John Deere plow went through it will still shoot pretty Well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Russian   001.jpg  
    Pay no attention to the mess in my shop. My best work comes from chaos!

Boolit Man
    1908 Winchester M1906 Expert .22 pump

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast