MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Lever Guns and WMLs (Weapon Mounted Lights)

Moderator Emeritus

Lever Guns and WMLs (Weapon Mounted Lights)

Does anyone know where I can find an adapter that will allow me to mount a WML on a tubular magazine lever gun?

I'm especially interested in mounting a WML on my Marlin 39M and my 336. I have used my feeble Internet search skills to no avail. Lots of Picatinny rail adapters but nothing for tubular magazine lever guns.

We live way out in the country and have recently had a problem with feral house cats. I have dispatched several of them by holding my 500 lumen light in my foregrip hand but it's clumsy and awkward to do. These cats only give you a second or two to aim and fire before they vanish into the night.

Thanks in advance for your help! Treetop
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find an adapter that will allow me to mount a WML on a tubular magazine lever gun?

I'm especially interested in mounting a WML on my Marlin 39M and my 336. I have used my feeble Internet search skills to no avail. Lots of Picatinny rail adapters but nothing for tubular magazine lever guns.

We live way out in the country and have recently had a problem with feral house cats. I have dispatched several of them by holding my 500 lumen light in my foregrip hand but it's clumsy and awkward to do. These cats only give you a second or two to aim and fire before they vanish into the night.

Thanks in advance for your help! Treetop
    half a century ago we slung a little lightweight rabbit spotlight on a winchester model150 lever 22 - rifle had a 4 power tasco scope - made a bracket out of a piece of light metal and hung the light under the barrel just forward of the feed slot in the tube magazine - sighted the rifle in with the light on it - the light had a half decent spotting beam and we tuned the whole thing up so the crosshairs exactly intersected the centre of the light beam - it was a little cumbersome to scan with but man was it effective !!! For my eyes (even then) it was important to have the rifle well behind the light source - I bet you could do something similar with your flashlight and the beam proly way better than we had.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I once attached 1/2” cpvc pipe to a wall with cpvc attachments snapped like a C.. They screwed into the wall and then would flex open enough to snap the pipe into them. You may be able to make something using them, or a larger size, to snap onto the magazine tube or barrel. The advantage would be that you could easily put it on or take it off.

I've bought two of these, works great on my Rem 870 pump and my buddy's Mossberg.

Will adjust to a wide variety of mag tube sizes and flashlights.
    Bought mine 4 years ago and no complaints.
    https://www.amazon.com/iPROTEC-Unive...1946480&sr=8-7
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

I don’t know your particular situation, but a shotgun is quicker and much more effective on feral felines, skunks, etc. with less light required for hits at night. The clamp GhostHawk shows looks good.

Boolit Buddy
    A bicycle shop should have an old, thin inner tube from a road bike lying around. The guy from Thunder Ranch advocates a few strips of that as a way to attach a light to a shotgun and it seems to work pretty well for me. Maybe 1" wide strips, or perhaps a bit wider if you'd like. Just stretch it over the barrel and magazine, and then put in the flashlight by stretching it more. Maybe you'd need something a bit bigger than the smallest tube you can find. Not fancy but it's functional.

Boolit Buddy
    Hill People Gear Lever Light Mount is what you seek. It will work with the 336 for sure, not sure if it will work for the .22 though.

Boolit Master
    Midwest Industries in Wisconsin M-loc

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks to all who responded to my question re: WMLs for lever guns. There were some really ingenious DIY ideas presented plus some after the market products that I had failed to find on my own.

Never underestimate the "hive mind" that's available to us here on this wonderful forum! TreeTop
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    You definitely could 3d print your own - Just use MORE instead of less filament when you do it, you wouldn't want the light to fall off upon use, particularly on a more powerful weapon. Less so on a .22 of course.

And should be doable by bending metal sheet to fit a pipe form then adding rubber tape to protect the finish.

Boolit Master
    When you get it together, put a red filter on the light. Doesn’t spook your target.

Boolit Master
    Shotgun or rifle plus a green (or red) laser. Headlamp on shooter.

If gun has a front gold bead, use a black laundry pen to temporarily black it out.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Choate Machine & Tool makes a bit of picatinny rail you can attache to your forestock.

https://www.riflestock.com/store/pro...il-for-rifles/

All for $13.

I have one on my Rem 1100 shotgun and a Rem 870.

Good luck and give those feral heck.
    Regards,

jfruser

"We have now sunk to a depth at which re-statement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."
    ----George Orwell

This may not help you at all, but my yard varmint setup works great.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Texas by God; 10-17-2020 at 07:22 PM.