Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sandwich

Boolit Master

One of the "old" sandwiches I remember was the "open face" beef or turkey they sold at the lunch counter at Neisner's or the old Rexall drugstores. Gotta go back a few decades for those, huh? Really quick and good, as I remember. Funny how this subject kinda jogs our memories and causes us to remember good times and tastes.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

BTW, I still love open face sandwiches.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Grand Master

One of the main components to a good O F sandwich , if I recall correctly , was a lot of good gravy covering the meat !
    And I'm a big gravy fan ... am I remembering correctly ... I seem to remember a Turkey O F with bread , slices of roast turkey , cornbread dressing and turkey gravy over all ....
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Yep, ya got it. Usually, some green beans on the side. Get a soda, ice tea, malt, etc. from the soda fountain to go with it. Less than a dollar for all of it.

Boolit Buddy
    med rare deer steak sliced thin on sourdough with real mayo and lots of black pepper....=heaven !!!

Boolit Master
    Ruben or patty melt.

Boolit Grand Master

It's lunch time ... reading all this has made me hungry ...no hot Open Face but there is some Bryan Deli sliced all beef Bologna , white Wonder Bread and Blue Plate Mayo in the kitchen ... that will do until I can get one of those hot Open Faced bad boys ...
    bologna is calling my name !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    It's lunch time ... reading all this has made me hungry ...no hot Open Face but there is some Bryan Deli sliced all beef Bologna , white Wonder Bread and Blue Plate Mayo in the kitchen ... that will do until I can get one of those hot Open Faced bad boys ...
    bologna is calling my name !
    Gary
    This is a real man's sanny. While I do like em fried, I still prefer them cold. Mayo and bologna on white bread. No fuss, no muss.

Boolit Grand Master

... Muffoletta ...
    Back in the day my wife and I would order a Whole Muffoletta Sandwich from Anthony's Italian Deli , sit down and I would eat half and she would eat half ... Italian heaven !
    We still order them from Anthony's , it's still a wonderful sandwich but we each eat 1/4 of it and put the other 1/2 in the frig. for the next day ... unless my son finds it ...then it's gone !

Anyone out there know what a Muffoletta is ?

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

... Muffoletta ...
    Back in the day my wife and I would order a Whole Muffoletta Sandwich from Anthony's Italian Deli , sit down and I would eat half and she would eat half ... Italian heaven !
    We still order them from Anthony's , it's still a wonderful sandwich but we each eat 1/4 of it and put the other 1/2 in the frig. for the next day ... unless my son finds it ...then it's gone !

Anyone out there know what a Muffoletta is ?

Gary
    I've eaten many a muffoletta and many a bowl of gumbo, boiled crawfish (and yes, I suck the heads!), speckled trout almondine, raw "ersters" down on the Irish Channel and of course, bread pudding for dessert!
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by wch View Post
    I've eaten many a muffoletta and many a bowl of gumbo, boiled crawfish (and yes, I suck the heads!), speckled trout almondine, raw "ersters" down on the Irish Channel and of course, bread pudding for dessert!
    ATTABOY !
    Suckin Heads ... eating raw "ersters" ... the Irish Channel ....you might just be Y'at ?
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

ATTABOY !
    Suckin Heads ... eating raw "ersters" ... the Irish Channel ....you might just be Y'at ?
    Gary
    Yep- Y'at, y'all!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by wch View Post
    Yep- Y'at, y'all!
    Coonass ! Originally from South of White Castle / German Coast area .
    Married a sweet little New Orleans girl but she didn't want to live in N.O., too much family there , so we settled in Baton Rouge , close but not too close .

Where Y'at Man !

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Coonass ! Originally from South of White Castle / German Coast area .
    Married a sweet little New Orleans girl but she didn't want to live in N.O., too much family there , so we settled in Baton Rouge , close but not too close .

Where Y'at Man !

Gary
    Central PA, Lafitte LA, NOLA

"Funny how this subject kinda jogs our memories and causes us to remember good times and tastes."

Ya, when I was a kid I always liked going with my dad and stopping for a Maderight sandwich . I still like making them at home but I fry it up the hamburger in a pan with the onion and have it on a soft bread with butter and mustard . He used to say it was the smell of the fried onions that made them taste good.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Master

Funny thing, best place to get a burger or Philly cheese sandwich was the Little League baseball concession stand near me. I was over there quite a bit, cheering or coaching my middle grandson and his teams. Lady that ran the concession was an old friend of my oldest daughter, and my wife and I volunteered there to help. They would make them to order, grilled onions, grilled jalapeņos, whatever they had and how you wanted it. Philly cheese steak the same thing. Good times. Good eats.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    "Funny how this subject kinda jogs our memories and causes us to remember good times and tastes."

Ya, when I was a kid I always liked going with my dad and stopping for a Maderight sandwich . I still like making them at home but I fry it up the hamburger in a pan with the onion and have it on a soft bread with butter and mustard . He used to say it was the smell of the fried onions that made them taste good.
    I don't remember the Made-Rite sandwiches growing up ... I guess we didn't have one but my New Orleans wife would talk about a Loose Meat Sandwich ... which seems to be what the Made-Rite is/was ... are they still in existence ?
    I can make a pretty good one ... we had them for dinner two nights in a row last week !
    That's some Good Stuff !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

What ever sandwich I am eating at the time.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

Copy the entire site, paste it on your browser. Still around. Maid-Rite.
    FYI--https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dayton.com/news/local/this-the-perfect-weekend-take-side-trip-hidden-gem-sandwich-shop-darke-county/nBgD53jLOzez8mQDvRu00L/&ved=2ahUKEwih1Oefzc7tAhVLR60KHTvoCPMQFjAQegQIDBAB &usg=AOvVaw02eEx5PIx31S7d-ueu2VDi&cshid=1607987974135

After Thanksgiving the leftover of that Turkey gets put in the fridge. I like taking the cold Turkey put it on Wonder Bread spread some Mayo on it and there I make 2 to 3 of these sandwiches for my backpack to take up to the tree stand for my deer hunt. Love a cold Turkey Sandwich. I ate these after Thanksgiving as long as I remember..
    It takes more than just reading, to prepare a young soldier for battle.
    Your experience means the world to the young.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast