Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sandwich

Boolit Master

Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich.
    Friday Lunch.

Carefully sliced by hand from the Breast meat after it's been in the fridge over night. Piled thick on fresh Roman Meal wheat bread, smeared with Best Foods Mayo. Crisp iceberg lettuce, big Beautiful slices of ripe tomato.

Oh, darn it Webers went belly up. Guess it'll have to be Home Pride.

The other 363 days a year;

Wonder White;
    Jif smooth Peanut Butter, thick, real thick.
    Knotts Boysenberry PRESERVES, thick.
    Sliced on the Bias.
    An Ice Cold Glass of Whole Milk to wash it down.
    A bit of Heaven and remembrances of my youth.
    Last edited by Walks; 10-24-2020 at 11:12 PM.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

French bread toasted with real butter and garlic salt, thick bacon, home grown tomato slices, fried egg, sliced avacado and jalapeņo slivers with just a touch of olive oil mayo. Close behind comes fried baloney, cheese and mustard and the protein special- peanut butter and bacon!

Boolit Master
    Chopped spam with eggs made into an omlette and served on Italian hero bread.
    Johnsonville Italian sausage fried up in whole links then split down the middle again on Italian bread.
    PBJ with a very thick layer of PB and strawberry preserves on Italian bread.
    And since we have a Rouses here,Dietz & Watson hot dogs or weiners drenched in Bush's baked maple flavored baked beans and you guessed it Italian bread.
    Being a type 2 diabetic so cannot eat all of the above all the time, but it's a treat when I do. Frank

Boolit Master
    Pulled pork BBQ.

Also something that has not even been mentioned, probably because they are ubiquitous and most people don't call them sandwiches: a hamburger. Good quality ground chuck, charred on the outside and slightly pink in the middle, with mustard and onions on the bottom and black pepper, hot sauce, ketchup and pickles on top. Maybe also a slice of sharp cheddar.

For something more spur of the moment than those two, I like fried bologna. Preferably a thick slice of chub bologna. Sometimes on toast with mustard and onions; other times untoasted and with lots of mayo. And perhaps a slice of sharp cheddar.
    Recently I tried fried bologna on toast with mustard and sauerkraut. That was really good too.
    Last edited by Tracy; 10-25-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Good evening,

My favourite hot sandwich has already been mentioned....
    Thick slice fried bologna, Velveta cheese, fried medium-hard egg, mayo and mustard....so yummy!
    My cold favourite is mashed Spam with mayo and green relish. We called them funeral sandwiches because every funeral they had piles of them. I make them now just for myself....as a special treat.

Moderator Emeritus

Fried summer sausage on buttered cheap white bread, a deer camp favorite for a quick lunch. Hot to warm you up and frying the deer sausage changes the flavor/add complexity to the spices used in it.

Boolit Master

Meatloaf sandwich with onions and mustard, YUM!!
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

WHAT !!!???

No one likes sprouts on their sandwich ? No bean curd spread ??

Where are all the healthy eating Bullet Casters ?
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Buddy

Grove's Deli in Salt Lake City. Their Big John is the best sandwich I have ever had.
    If I knew how to post a picture I would have included it.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty or Safety. "
    Benjamin Franklin
    "Time to take Brandon to the train station"
    "The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

Boolit Master
    I also like a hot Kitchen Sink from Stanleo's.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Optimized-stanlieoskitchensink.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	270171

Boolit Master
    If Tortillas count:

Safeway Select Chili Verde simmer sauce for killer instant Chili Verde.

Break up and brown a 20 oz package of Costco Carnitas (pork) in a large fry pan, dump in the sauce and simmer while stirring 5 minutes. Wrap in warm corn tortillas and eat.

Got pulled pork too for variety. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

BLT or a Rüben

I can be swayed either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    BLT or Meatloaf on white with thin sliced onion and Helmonds Mayo . Lacking meatloaf just substitute roast beef cooked with carrots , taters and onion on white with the onion and Helmonds . Dipped in the gravy made from the roast grease of course .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    WHAT !!!???

No one likes sprouts on their sandwich ? No bean curd spread ??

Where are all the healthy eating Bullet Casters ?
    All died of stomach disorders .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    BLT or Meatloaf on white with thin sliced onion and Helmonds Mayo . Lacking meatloaf just substitute roast beef cooked with carrots , taters and onion on white with the onion and Helmonds . Dipped in the gravy made from the roast grease of course .
    Man... I need to make meatloaf just for sandwiches now. I like grilled cheese meatloaf sandwiches... It's just a grilled cheese stuffed with it. Give it a shot next time if you're feeling froggy

Boolit Master
    I have several favorites from a schmancy two-cheese griller or open-face cheese-toast to the classic PB & banana or PBJ to the turkey BLT or club, turkey & ham, chicken/tuna/egg salad, or pimento cheese, to the beloved fried spam and egg, or a well-constructed Reuben or other corned beef. I consider the cheeseburger or brisket or pulled pork or po'boy to be of a different genre than just 'sandwich', as I do a shawarma or gyro. One of my favorite mini-sandwiches is the Bohunk HorsD'oerve that is saltines or Ritz with cold summer sausage and rat cheese. My Dad and I would always take that along when we went on a field job when I worked in his Industrial Engine Service. That always went well sitting on the edge of a drilling rig substructure or under the shade of a gas compressor station's roof. I have a big beef stick and moon of cheese in the cold cut drawer right now!
    But my favorite 'sandwich' that I'll spend parts of two days to produce is a big honkin thick slice of cold, veggie-loaded meatloaf with thickened catsup or tomato sauce, horseradish sauce and pickles on a good dense whole grain bread that can stand up to the weight of the innards. In fact that's my favorite range lunch, with a nice tasty soda and good crackly chips. My meatloaf has minced carrot, onion, garlic, celery, tomato, mushroom etc mixed all through it and cooked to a nice soft doneness that just goes well with the meat, usually two or three different ground meats blended together with the eggs and oats or breadcrumbs and worcestershire.
    Great, now I'm hungry. Guess I'll go make a grilled Havarti and Swiss...Ed <><
    Last edited by Old School Big Bore; 11-03-2020 at 11:48 PM. Reason: add info

Boolit Grand Master
    Other favorites.........
    BLT
    Grilled cheese
    Spam cooked on the grill, with American cheese, mayo, on white bread.
    Can't eat ham anymore, gout, but canned ham, easy over egg, celery salt and pepper, American cheese, mayo, on a big round croissant.
    costco used to have round croissant.
    Great for sandwiches.
    They don't make them round anymore.
    One more reason to not go there.

Boolit Master

A Reuben made here in my kitchen, with lots of corned beef, kraut, and dressing, on homemade seeded rye bread.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Fried summer sausage on buttered cheap white bread, a deer camp favorite for a quick lunch. Hot to warm you up and frying the deer sausage changes the flavor/add complexity to the spices used in it.
    i like fried summer sausage with eggs. A fried summer sausage egg and cheese sandwich is great. Make mine on an english muffin toasted though thank you. Frying it as mary said does change the taste. Im sure it varies because summer sausage can be made so many different ways but mine tastes like a spicy smoked ham when fried. My wife isnt crazy about summer sausage but loves it fried.

Pork sausage and eggs on fried bread.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast