Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sandwich

Boolit Master

BLT for sure!

Obscure immigrant sandwich? Proscuitto, fresh garden tomato, fresh basil, mozzerella on a crusty torpedo roll or french bread with a schmear of herbed marscapone cheese and dressed with a drizzled balsamic vinegar reductionand some olive oil.

omg

All of this makes me hungry! While I love a good reuben and a cheese and tomato sandwich, I think my favorite is a carolina bbq on a kaiser roll with cole slaw on top. Carolina bbq, the vinegar kind.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    This is my secret recipe that has been in the family for generations, so keep it under your hats. Take some cheese, and place it between two slices of bread, and then butter the outside of the bread, and place in a hot skillet ,and brown both sides well till the cheese melts, and enjoy. .It's good with all kinds of soups, or just by it's self. We call it a "fried cheese " sandwich. LOL
    Add bacon sometime. Just wow gives a Schlotskys a run for the money.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

1980 or 81 Kenmare ND - beef fillet cooked rare in a broaster and served as sandwich with lettuce and tomato. Friendliest people I have ever come across in that little town.

Carp sandwich from Joe Tess in Omaha NE. Also Rudy's carp were exceptional, don't know if they are still going though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Misery-Whip View Post
    This is good, try it with tuna!
    i like a tuna melt but better yet when you use canned salmon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelguns 1961 View Post
    All of this makes me hungry! While I love a good reuben and a cheese and tomato sandwich, I think my favorite is a carolina bbq on a kaiser roll with cole slaw on top. Carolina bbq, the vinegar kind.
    pulled pork with cole slaw is one of my favorites for sure. Wont eat cole slaw any other way but a pulled pork isnt a pulled pork without it.

Boolit Master

Leftover chinook salmon crumbled and mixed with mayo.
    Mighty tasty.
    I need to try it grilled.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    Tomato sandwich. Fresh garden tomato. Dukes mayonnaise.

What he said, still picking tomatoes, had a tomato sandwich yesterday, with a little salt and pepper on some nice brown wheat bread.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Grand Master

BLT... Yes , I had forgotten how wonderful the home grown , vine ripened BLT is ... with lots of Blue Plate Mayo on white Wonder bread ... I planted early but my tomatoes were done in by the high heat and humidity by July ... so those seemed like such a long time ago .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    Leftover chinook salmon crumbled and mixed with mayo.
    Mighty tasty.
    I need to try it grilled.
    i pretty much fry all my fish and one of my favorite things for breakfast is left over fried fish cold right out of the fridge. A little sprinkle of salt and id take that over an omelet

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    I ate a few Lomito's in Argentina and had a few friends that would argue with a Chorizo sandwich being on top too.
    For me it is a venison loin near frozen sliced as thin as possible, cooked in butter nearly smoking for 60 seconds. Put it on a good wheat bread with onion and watercress and you're eating good. I have also enjoyed canned mustard sardines with lettuce so what do I know. I have to have good cheese or leave it off. I like Munster, Swiss and a little strong cheddar is OK but leaved the processed stuff far away.
    Yes sir, here is a matter of taste! I prefer the tenderloin to the chorizo.
    The good thing about trying other sandwiches is that you can always be surprised! Too bad the venison loin is not so easy here!
    There was a sandwich chain that there's no way I remember the name. I ate here in Argentina in the late 90's. But their sandwiches had the names of the neighborhoods of Manhattan, Soho, Greenwich I think it was another, and so on.
    They made their own breads, and it was very good!
    I have never seen it again.

Boolit Master

Fried bologna, fried egg, hot pepper cheese and yellow mustard. Fresh bologna, giant slice of onion, hot pepper cheese, tomato and yellow mustard.

My favorite purchased one is the Jimmy Johns #5 (Vito) with extra vinegar and oil, oregano and hot peppers.

Boolit Man
    My all time purchased favorite is the firehouse Italian It rocks,The Vito from Jimmy Johns is good also.For home made, Hands down the best is toasted Peanut butter and bacon. With enough peanut butter and butter that it runs out the bottom to be sopped up for the next bite.

Cast Hunter

Smoked moose tenderloin with cheddar cheese and spicy mayo. Just delicious! Will have to substitute the moose now that we are back in GA though. We'll make do lol.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master
    To buy, we have a jewish place here in Indianapolis that has the best Rubin. My big like is 1/4" thick bologna and cheese, on thick white or rye bread covered with real butter toasted till the cheese melts.

Boolit Buddy
    Canned venison sammich !
    Years ago , we didnt have electricity at our rural mountain home which also means we did not have use of a freezer (we did have propane refrigeration with little bitty freezer compartments ). So , a large portion of our game meat was put up in canning jars. In later years when we got full time power and a deep freeze we still liked to can a good bit of our meat as it is so versatile . Rutty old bull elk , muley buck , or whitetail doe , once pressure canned for 90 min at 15 lbs you cant tell one from the other .
    Anyways , our favorite sandwich spread is a jar of canned meat , juice poured off , Add mayo , raw sweet onion diced up , sweet pickle relish and some diced raw celery if avail , mash it all up with a fork and spread it on your favorite bread , roll or bun . Hell ,
    I just made myself hungry. Down to the cellar for a jar..........

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Peanut butter...I’m easy.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by umwminer View Post
    Canned venison sammich !
    Years ago , we didnt have electricity at our rural mountain home which also means we did not have use of a freezer (we did have propane refrigeration with little bitty freezer compartments ). So , a large portion of our game meat was put up in canning jars. In later years when we got full time power and a deep freeze we still liked to can a good bit of our meat as it is so versatile . Rutty old bull elk , muley buck , or whitetail doe , once pressure canned for 90 min at 15 lbs you cant tell one from the other .
    Anyways , our favorite sandwich spread is a jar of canned meat , juice poured off , Add mayo , raw sweet onion diced up , sweet pickle relish and some diced raw celery if avail , mash it all up with a fork and spread it on your favorite bread , roll or bun . Hell ,
    I just made myself hungry. Down to the cellar for a jar..........
    I totally agree. We put up more than a few pints of venison, preferring it to ground. Also can some of Georgetown's kokannee. Even the early spawners get so you don't even need bread just a fork.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    Many, many years ago, there used to be something called Chip Steak.
    Frozen thin sliced steak, with some kind of paper you use to cook it on a skillet.
    Haven't seen it around for years.
    I've tried different ones I've found, but they're not the same.
    Steak um's is junk.
    Bread, mayonaise, slice of American cheese, a little pepper.
    Sometimes a fried egg on top.
    Best sandwich I've ever had.

Boolit Buddy
    two rye bread 1/4 inch sliced onions lots of salt and pepper. My grandpa made me one when I was 6. 71 now and still love them

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast