Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sandwich

Cast Boolits Owner

I love a good sandwich! I have no particular best (maybe all of them!) as long as it’s made with fresh products then almost any meat on good bread with some type of cheese, lettuce, tomato, Mayo / mustard as appropriate with salt and pepper. Finish it off with a pickle, a couple of chips then chase it down with either a ice cold glass of milk or Diet Coke and I’m happy.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master

I discovered a new favorite sandwich !

In local meat market known for prepping good things for the grill and discovered a nice Pork Loin , stuffed with a large link of their Boudin and Seasoned and double wrapped in Bacon ..Looked Good !

We brought it home and slow smoked it . It was great fresh off the smoker ... But , the next day I took a sharp knife and sliced the Smoked Bacon - Pork Loin- Boudin into thin slices and them piled high on a Wonder Bread Hamburger Bun with a smear of mayo ... topped meat on the bun with smoked Gouda Cheese , placed sandwich on hot flatiron grill to toast both sides and warm the cheese .

Holey Moley ... that was one of the best tasting sandwiches I ever ate ... Think of it ... Crispy Smokey Bacon , smoke flavored Pork Loin, smokey Boudin and Gouda Cheese all combined to hit a flavor home run out de park ...We will be doing this one again ... and again ... and again !!!
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

WOW! Talk about some flavors.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Vendor Sponsor

This week I made a Grobel's Corned Beef. I use the packet that comes with it, and I add 1/3 jar of McCormick Pickling Spice to the water.

When it gets fork tender, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, I take it out and plop it in a baking dish where I slather it with a glaze I made from brown sugar, whatever kinds of mustard I can quickly lay my hands on in the fridge, and some Korean hot sauce. The hot sauce is made with fermented soy paste and fermented chili paste, it has a distinct flavor that marries well with the extra pickling spice used in the corned beef.

This is all leading up to the sandwich part I swear!

So you serve the corned beef with boiled taters or whatever you like, and the 2nd day you slice it thin and warm it up on a cast iron griddle. On another cast iron griddle you toast some buttered Jewish rye/pumpernickel swirl bread, you cover one of them with whavever kind of stinky cheese you like, cover this with some heated up sauerkraut to melt the cheese, pile the corned beef on the other piece of bread, and cover with home made Russian dressing (google russian dressing, use the bon appetit recipe its great). Put the sandwich together and dig in.

This is a hot gooey messy sandwich that will securely claim it's place in your house every time you have corned beef leftovers, this sandwich will FORCE you to re-create it, it is irresistibly good!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

I must agree with DG ... a good messy Corned Beef is mighty hard to beat !

I'm hitting our Like Button ... LIKE LIKE LIKE ...three times !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master
    Grilled ham and either Swiss or Provolone.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

Ruben made with pastrami on dark rye, good layer of horsy, and a cold beer, yum!
    Charter Member #148

Banned

does a hamburger count? Make mine venision burger fried in bacon grease the put on rye swirl bread and toasted with real butter. Some fried onion and the bacon you got the grease from and some swiss cheese. Best burger ever! No ketsup mustard or veggies to cover taste.

Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    Ruben made with pastrami on dark rye, good layer of horsy, and a cold beer, yum!
    Yep a good Ruben is one of my favorites . But my number one was a sandwich a little deli made when I first started working at the mill , was fried salami with provalone on lightly toasted Syrian bread . The owners were an older Syrian couple . Man oh man can still taste it along with a big milkshake at lunch break
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Grand Master

New Orleans Louisiana , Parkway Bakery and Tavern , 538 Hagan Ave ( Katrina destroyed their Parkway Blvd building so they rebuilt on Hagan Ave) , slow cooked Roast Beef Debris with extra gravy on freshly baked Leidenheimer French po-boy bread dressed with Blue Plate Mayo .

If you ever go there ...the Roast Beef Debris is one of the best things you will ever put in your mouth ...trust me . I've driven to New Orleans just to eat one ... honestly , they are that good !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    New Orleans Louisiana , Parkway Bakery and Tavern , 538 Hagan Ave ( Katrina destroyed their Parkway Blvd building so they rebuilt on Hagan Ave) , slow cooked Roast Beef Debris with extra gravy on freshly baked Leidenheimer French po-boy bread dressed with Blue Plate Mayo .

If you ever go there ...the Roast Beef Debris is one of the best things you will ever put in your mouth ...trust me . I've driven to New Orleans just to eat one ... honestly , they are that good !
    Gary
    any idea how its made? No good unless you can make one. Im pretty far from New Orleans.

Boolit Master

I grew up eating the occasional po boy and this recipe is as close as I have come to having a rost beef with debris version.
    (I must admit that I like the shrimp po boy the best of all of them!)
    See the recipe at <blueplatemayo.com/recipes/new-orleans-style-debris-poboy/>
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master
    a monte Cristo done properly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wch View Post
    I grew up eating the occasional po boy and this recipe is as close as I have come to having a rost beef with debris version.
    (I must admit that I like the shrimp po boy the best of all of them!)
    See the recipe at <blueplatemayo.com/recipes/new-orleans-style-debris-poboy/>
    betcha that is good!

Boolit Master
    a Bacon or a good sausage one with English mustard

Boolit Master
    When I was tent hunting in Alaska would carry in a couple of tubes of ready made biscuits. In the morning before heading out to hunt would cook the biscuits in a skillet over low heat. Turning them often was the key. Once they were done would split them in half and insert about a 1 inch thick piece of fried summer sausage and a nice smear of Cheese Wiz. Most of the time we ate these while still in our sleeping bags as the small wood stove warmed up the tent.
    Mmmm mmmmm good.
    East Tennessee

The best sandwich's have to be the ones my mom would make me for lunch. Thy always tasted the best.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post

Gary
    My favorite debris and N.O. simple cooking place is Mother's on 401 Poydras St, New Orleans

BDGR

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    any idea how its made? No good unless you can make one. Im pretty far from New Orleans.
    Debris is the juice and chunks of roast and charred bits that fall off the huge beef roasts they always have going in their ovens. They keep a hug pan below each roast and it fills up with basting liquid and chunks of tender stuff that fall off the roast. It probably started as them spooning some juice (jus, of you want) onto things and somebody wanted some of the charred and chunky bits. Debris was the name they gave it.

At Mother's on Poydras Ave, you can get debris on anything, in a sandwich, or even a small bowl of it on the side. Heavenly stuff. Not healthy, but heavenly.

BDGR

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    The best sandwich's have to be the ones my mom would make me for lunch. Thy always tasted the best.
    When we were kids Mother would often fix one of them family size trays of salsbury steak,and a pan of mashed potatoes,and make sandwiches from the meat,cut them diagonally, place a scoop of potatoes between the two halfs of the sandwich,and put gravy over the sandwich,and taters. I always liked it,and to this day if I eat a tv dinner of either salsbury steak,or meat loaf I always eat it the same way.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast