Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sandwich

Boolit Master

Favorite Sandwich

Sometimes, the simple things in life seem better to me. We always have left-overs in the refrigerator to heat up for lunch or supper, if we don't feel like cooking at night. But sometimes, I'm in a hurry or don't want that for lunch. When I come in and am in a hurry or really hungry, I'll just make a sandwich. I've seen members here talk about a sandwich from time to time, and I was wondering, what's your favorite? I personally don't have a favorite, might be a sub sandwich, a simple one, like meat and cheese or even a peanut butter and jelly--just depends upon my mood. When I want something more complex, its meat, cheese and dressed out with lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles. That's what I had today--Turkey breast, cheese, and all the dressings. Tried to upload a picture, but file was too large, and couldn't find a way to resize it. Oh, well. Strangest sandwich was when I was teaching--was leaving the cafeteria and spoke to one of my students--she answered, and I asked her--"Watcha eating?" She always brought her lunch. She answered, "My favorite sandwich." I said, "What's that?" She showed me--peanut butter, sliced bananas, potato chips, and dill pickles. Having dealt with middle schoolers for a while, I merely said, "That's interesting, that's some different textures and tastes." She again said, "My favorite." Woof! NOT something I would want to try, but, to each their own. I remember Po-boys at the Farmers Market up in Dover, Delaware when we lived up there for a year. Yummy Barbecue Brisket sandwiches at Crosstown barbecue in Elgin, Tx. and a dozen others that I have forgotten. A local eatery makes a Bon-Mon that is a Vietnamese kinda sandwich that is just fantastic. Anyway, as said, what's your favorite?
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    Sometimes you make a sandwich out of stuff that catches your eye when you open the refrigerator door, thus was born the dill pickle and cottage cheese sandwich. Not to imply that is my favorite, but it is quick and easy.

Boolit Master

Tomato sandwich. Fresh garden tomato. Dukes mayonnaise.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Grand Master

For me one of my favorites is a simple one.
    Echrich bologna from the deli section slice at 8 or 9. 2 strips of thick cut bacon. In your cast iron pan add a little butter and fry the bologna and bacon to taste I add a little pepper on the bologna. I like the bologna a little darker crispy on each side and the bacon crispy also. when done set on a folded paper towel to drain a few minutes. WHeat bread condiments to taste, and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. You can also add lettuce tomato pickles.
    With the thick number 9 cut bologna this is about a 1/4 lb sandwich. With the thick cut the bologna dosnt bubble up or get hard to fry.
    My other is the fried egg sandwich delli ham bacon or a sausage patty and slice of cheese. Here toast makes it even better. I fry the eggs with broken yolks till well done then make the sandwich. My grandsons love these,

Boolit Buddy
    Fried bologna, fried egg, cheese with mayo and musturd.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very simple. White bread, American Cheese, a few thick slices of Vidalia Onion, and a thick layer of mayo....that's it. I'm in Hog Heaven.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator

Prime Rib Dip, with mushrooms and melted Swiss cheese....Yum.

Good dark pumpernickel rye with peanut butter, apple sauce and chopped almonds on top with some cinnamon.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master
    Like a fried bologna sandwich too. Thick on the bologna. Use mongollian fire oil in the skillet to add a little heat and add some ground hot pepper too. Like other bologna sandwiches, but reluctant to tell you what I put on one of them, might ruin your appetite.

Favorite sandwich is a pastrami, turkey and ham sandwich with provolone cheese. On a baguette

Favorite sandwich shop is D'elias, in Riverside, CA, over on University street. Love their roast beef sandwich. Would go by there every time I would go to CA to visit Dad. Usually before I went to the house!!! Dad would always say I went to CA to get a sandwich and just come by and visit since I was already in the area!!!

Boolit Master
    My go to sandwich is a simple PBJ. Quick and tasty. I have a friend whose favorite is peanut butter and bacon. Gonna have to try that sometime.

Boolit Buddy
    This is my secret recipe that has been in the family for generations, so keep it under your hats. Take some cheese, and place it between two slices of bread, and then butter the outside of the bread, and place in a hot skillet ,and brown both sides well till the cheese melts, and enjoy. .It's good with all kinds of soups, or just by it's self. We call it a "fried cheese " sandwich. LOL

I like Spam sandwiches, 2 pieces wheat bread and a half inch of Spam, raw, just the way it comes from the can.

Boolit Master
    As a change of pace, I would make what I cal a "TNT" sandwich. All it was tuna, thin sliced tomato and mayo.

Boolit Master
    BLT with fresh from the garden tomato.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Cornered beef and coleslaw with a slice of Swiss on rye bread and don’t forget the Russian dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Cornered beef and coleslaw with a slice of Swiss on rye bread and don’t forget the Russian dressing.
    "Cornered beef" is that anything like corned beef? Corned beef, Rye bread, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing makes a fine Ruben sandwich.
    Course I like to substitute pastrami for the corned beef. Don't forget it has to be brushed with melted butter and grilled.

Oh! almost forgot the sauerkraut!

Boolit Master

i make a lot of venison bologna each year.

so my favorite sandwich is venison jalapeno bologna, slice of cheese i made from goat milk (most like mozzarella), home canned dill pickles, onion slices (never got the hang of growing/preserving those) and a little home made mayo.

sometimes fried up, most times straight from the fridge.

most times on leftover home made yeast rolls.

WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

A Schlotzsky’s original.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Here in Argentina, the classic is called "lomito" is tenderloin meat. It is made on French bread, with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. It can be added, if one is not a stickler for tenderloin, cheese, ham and fried egg. although I prefer it with cheese and tomato.
    If the meat is good and cooked properly, there should be a little red juice left on the plate and it doesn't take much effort to cut the meat with your teeth.

I can eat "lomito" every day, all the rest of my life.

Boolit Master
    The go-to is of course the classic PBJ. When mamas not looking I “accidentally” get the chunky PB by mistake to put in the cart.

To be on the odd side a nice peanut butter and sweet onion sandwich hits the spot when the materials are available.

But the top of the chart is the classic BLT on Rye...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast