MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sandwich

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jimlj View Post
    BLT with fresh from the garden tomato.
    My favorite as well. It is an infrequent thing, but oh so good. Getting the tomatoes when they are the perfect degree of ripeness is key.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master
    Snarf's Italian on whole wheat roll with added bacon. Some shops called pot belly.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

Oh, yeah, just remembered, thanks to a couple of posts, the Reubens sandwich! One of my all time favorites.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Bub
    I love a great Italian hoagie with cherry pepper relish. Almost like a Jersey Mike's sub...

Banned

take a chunk of meat off a deer thats clean. Doesnt matter much which cut you use because your going to cut it so thin any will be tender. I like to have the meat still half froze when i cut it and i cut it with a break off blade box cutter as thin as possible. Cut up about a pound and a half of venison sprinkle on some garlic powder and montreal steak seasoning. Let it sit a couple hours. Then cut up a large onion and fry the meat and onion together in a pan with real butter. You want to cook the venison until it has some slight crispy spots or fry marks or whatever you want to call it because it adds flavor. If you want peppers you can add them too but i think they overpower the taste of the sandwich so i dont use them. When its just about done. The meat has some crispy edges and the onions are cooked add a can of mushrooms and stir them in and cook a few more minutes on high. Then take a loaf of french bread cut it lengthwise like a sub. i then put a laver of pepperoni on each side. Just lay them side by side till the bread is covered and put cheddar cheese on one side and mozzeralla on the other over the pepperoni and put it in the microwave till the cheese is just starting to melt. Take it out and ladle the meat mixture on it and im here to tell you you wont find a better sub anywhere on the planet. Ive tried it with beef steak and its just not the same. Vension just gives it more flavor. Its one of my favorite ways to eat venison plus the added advantage is like i said you dont have to use your choice back straps to make it. When i was a member of a local gun club we had a wild game feed/wild game recipe competition two years in a row and that sandwich won first place both years. Its simple to make and even your kids will lick it up.

Banned

A Philly cheesesteak!

Hard to pick a favorite, but because I have this not to often, probably a Reuben.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Hard to pick a favorite, but because I have this not to often, probably a Reuben.
    Yes ... A Good Reuben is a treat ! But ...

The other day I spotted in the deli meat case a big roll of all beef Bologna and it brought back memories of fishing with my Dad . We would stop and buy bait , bottles of root beer , a loaf of fresh bread and thick slices or Bologna that the market man sliced and wrapped in butcher paper.
    Come lunch time, sitting in that boat , that Bologna on white bread tasted better than a T-Bone steak ...
    So I bought a 1/2 lb. of sliced Bologna and fresh Wonder Bread and it was so good ... I had forgotten how good a simple old fashioned Boloney Sandwich could taste ...
    brought back memories of fishing with my Dad too .
    I got to do this again ... it was so Nice !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Yes, bologna on Wonderbread with yellow French’s mustard. Reminds me of lunch when my cousin and I were kids working at my Uncle’s garage.

Moderator Emeritus

Butter some sourdough on one side and place butter side down in a pan, top each side with swiss then on just one side add reheated shredded leftover roast beef(if it has a little gravy all the better!), tomato slices, thousand island dressing then cook until bread is browned and cheese melted, flip cheese only side on top of the rest. If you have a sandwich press you can completely assemble this and cook it in there. Serve wit a knife and fork because this is messy! Sauerkraut is an option I usually add..

Boolit Grand Master

We would go to the one farm auction on Saturdays with Dad. He would buy a beef stick from one of the venders and a chunk of baby swiss cheese from another. We woud stand and watch the auction and he would occasionally bid on something. But we all stood there watching and cutting slices of beef stick and cheese with our pocket knives while we watched.
    To this day I cant go to that auction yard with out first stop being those to vendors. More work for me though since my daughter thinks 7 and 5 year olds are to young for a pocket knife. LOL I get to cut all the slices for me and the grand sons. I dont get near as many now those 3 boys can really put them down fast.

Boolit Master

Ooh some good ones and to pick one would be most difficult...

But a Fresh garden tomato on white with mayo is tops on that list.

A Fried Spam with buttered toast and mayo is right there as well.

But, then there is a meat markey in Essex CT, Cliffs Market, that sells "roast beef" samiches daily. They always sell out. The bake on a rotisserie every AM. Pull them by 11:30 ish and start slicing and selling till gone. They smoke meats and cheeses too. They have there own smoked horse raddish Cheddar on that warm meat with Horseraddish Mayo on fresh daily NY Hard rolls.

Yup Thats my pic!! I get down there at least 7/8 times a year and its my Favorite of all time.

CW
    Last edited by cwlongshot; 10-06-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Sourdough bread toasted with deli turkey fried in cast iron with onion and a few medallions of jalapeno. Put that on the toast with quality American or provolone cheese and fresh sliced tomatoes. Mustard and a touch of mayo, it's pretty hard to beat.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Master
    A Don Sol's torta! Yum yum yum!

It's hard to beat a grilled cheese sandwich, but I have simple tastes.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    This is my secret recipe that has been in the family for generations, so keep it under your hats. Take some cheese, and place it between two slices of bread, and then butter the outside of the bread, and place in a hot skillet ,and brown both sides well till the cheese melts, and enjoy. .It's good with all kinds of soups, or just by it's self. We call it a "fried cheese " sandwich. LOL
    This is good, try it with tuna!

Quote Originally Posted by jimlj View Post
    BLT with fresh from the garden tomato.
    This one!

BB

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery-Whip View Post
    This is good, try it with tuna!
    You must think I'm made out of money ! I can barely afford the cheese ,and butter. LOL ,But seriously I will have to give it a try with tuna fish. I would probably really like it, because I always liked the cheesy Tuna Helper.

Moderator Emeritus

I ate a few Lomito's in Argentina and had a few friends that would argue with a Chorizo sandwich being on top too.
    For me it is a venison loin near frozen sliced as thin as possible, cooked in butter nearly smoking for 60 seconds. Put it on a good wheat bread with onion and watercress and you're eating good. I have also enjoyed canned mustard sardines with lettuce so what do I know. I have to have good cheese or leave it off. I like Munster, Swiss and a little strong cheddar is OK but leaved the processed stuff far away.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    It's hard to beat a grilled cheese sandwich, but I have simple tastes.

Slim
    Yes, sir. Grilled cheese is my favorite. Usually use a slice colby jack and a slice of cheap American cheese (the kind that gets runny when it melts). Grilled on sourdough with a slice of ham. Tomato soup is optional. Trick to perfectly grilled bread is to butter it with whatever you use (real butter, fake butter, margarine, etc) and also put a little mayo on there. That combo makes it crispy/crunchy but not dried out.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast