Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Winchester 1876 Parts

Boolit Bub

Winchester 1876 Parts

Hello,

I am looking for original parts for my Winchester 1876. In particular, a pair of side plates, a toggle link set, a loading gate and a forearm endcap. I check ebay, and most of the regular sources are out. Any resources would be most welcome. Thank you!

You could try these guys ...

https://homesteadparts.com/shopcart/Home.htm
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

If you have issues finding original parts. Chiappa makes factory spec parts. You can always make them look old .

Boolit Bub
    Thank you very much. I looked at homestead, they are out of the parts I am looking for. I heard Chiappa toggle links would not work in an original 1876. Is that incorrect? Original parts would be ideal, but I would have no issue incorporating Chiappa made toggle links if it got my rifle up and running and replace with original links down the road if I come across them.

I ordered parts for my 1886. And it worked fine.
    Their claim to fame is that its original spec... Don't order a Uberti or Browning... Doesn't work.

Boolit Bub
    Good to know. Thank you very much!

Boolit Master

There used to be an outfit called Buckingham's Antique Winchester Gun Parts. It's an older gent who has been in business 50 plus years. Google it up - It still comes up in a search. No website - Just a phone #. He used to be able to come up with just about anything Winchester all the way back to 1866's
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Bub
    Thank you very much. Buckingham's had a few parts I need. Still looking for original 1876 toggle link set and left and right side plates. Pursuing Chiappa as an option until originals can be found. Thank you all for the help!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev18 View Post
    I ordered parts for my 1886. And it worked fine.
    Their claim to fame is that its original spec... Don't order a Uberti or Browning... Doesn't work.
    Hey Kev
    Chiappa made the 1886, the "other" repro 1876 was a Chapparal - different makers - maybe same claim to original sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    Hey Kev
    Chiappa made the 1886, the "other" repro 1876 was a Chapparal - different makers - maybe same claim to original sizes?
    A quick search on the website will probably answer the question. Don't ask them, because they always say they aren't compatible for lawyer reasons.

Boolit Buddy

Hi!
    The Buckingham contact I have used in past few months was:
    Rob Jones e-mail Rob@Gunville.com
    cell 336-309-0497.
    Several months ago I ordered and received Winchester swivels or stock studs.
    I believe he is assisting the Buckingham family with remaining stock.
    Jim

Jim

Boolit Buddy
    I have original Winchester parts in my 76 Chaparral ,, first gen bolt ,, w/ firing pin ,, lifter w/ 40-60 scrolled on bottom,, orig. links a bit short for the Chappie. ,, all parts were sooooo close. Have shot several hundred rds. w/ orig. parts. What cal. is your 76?

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootmix View Post
    I have original Winchester parts in my 76 Chaparral ,, first gen bolt ,, w/ firing pin ,, lifter w/ 40-60 scrolled on bottom,, orig. links a bit short for the Chappie. ,, all parts were sooooo close. Have shot several hundred rds. w/ orig. parts. What cal. is your 76?

Thanks for that - what a dang shame Uberti didnt do the same!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootmix View Post

My 1876 is set up for 45-60.

Boolit Buddy
    irish ,, PM sent .

Hootmix.

Boolit Bub
    I managed to secure a 1876 Right side side plate, but I still need a good condition 1876 Left side plate. Anyone have a resource or a Left plate to sell? Thank you!

Boolit Bub
    Resuscitating an old thread. Any leads on a Winchester 1876 45-75 Carrier Block would be most welcome. Thank you!!!