Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 45 colt vrs pig

I have the Colt new products catalog of 1993. It’s introduced the anaconda in 45 colt, the background was a wild pig, suggesting that it would be a good gun for hogs. And posts like yours prove it is. Oh and I also have a 6” anaconda in 45 colt.

Boolit Master
    Anyone have approximate velocities for this load from a 7.5" Blackhawk or a 20" rifle? GF

Congrats on the pig!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Anyone have approximate velocities for this load from a 7.5" Blackhawk or a 20" rifle? GF
    I shot some a couple weeks ago out of my Henry Big boy 45 colt with 18.5 gr of 2400 and Hornady 250 gr xtp jsp. Yes I know it's not a cast bullet. I recorded velocities between 1210 -1280 fps.

Banned

"I almost hate to tell every one what I love about the henry is it reminds my the bb gun I had a kid fit and handling is great."

I love this. The old Red Ryder was a pretty familair thing to most of us and fond memories abound.

I have a Rossi '92 in .45 Colt, one of the pre-safety ones and a pretty decent rifle. I need to get it in the woods eventually. No doubt in my mind I could get it done with 9 grains of Unique and a 250ish SWC if I can get on one of my favorite stands during our early antlerless segment.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    "I almost hate to tell every one what I love about the henry is it reminds my the bb gun I had a kid fit and handling is great."

I love this. The old Red Ryder was a pretty familair thing to most of us and fond memories abound.

I have a Rossi '92 in .45 Colt, one of the pre-safety ones and a pretty decent rifle. I need to get it in the woods eventually. No doubt in my mind I could get it done with 9 grains of Unique and a 250ish SWC if I can get on one of my favorite stands during our early antlerless segment.
    I can confirm that it will do the job with that load
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    18.5 grains of 2400 under a 255 cast swc goes 1050 fps from the 7.5" bbl of my bisley blackhawk, and 1320 fps from the 16" barrel of my win 94 trapper. I loaded this bullet over 20 grains of 2400 and took a Gemsbok, an Impala, and a warthog with it in Africa in 2012.
    Last edited by DanWalker; 11-03-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by redriverhunter View Post
    I have been try to get a pig with my henry big boy. yesterday about 6 30 pm the hogs came in one big and three smaller ones. I took a smaller one about 75 pounds give or take. I took it with the lee 255 gn rf, powder coated with smokes cear and propelled by 18 gn of 2400. The shot hit behind his left shoulder and came out near the end of his rib cage. The hog fell over and squealed for about 10 to 15 seconds. The hogs were about 55 yards a way. maybe a deer next month. I almost hate to tell every one what I love about the henry is it reminds my the bb gun I had a kid fit and handling is great.
    I’ve got a friend who has a 16” Marlin 30-30. He says it reminds him of the BB gun he had as a kid. He’s deadly with it too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12