RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Anyone willing to part with a Carbide Die set for .45 ACP?

Anyone willing to part with a Carbide Die set for .45 ACP?

My brother recently got a Rock Island Armory 1911A1 FS, and from the looks of it, we may have to start reloading for it far earlier than we anticipated. I'm looking for a Carbide Die Set for .45 ACP that fits in my Lee Hand Press. I've had good success with the Lee Carbide Die set in my own caliber; .38 Special, but now that there's another bullet chewing member of the family that would prefer to have something to eat.

It doesn't have to be a Lee Brand Die set, just one that can fit in my current Hand Press, which has the same threading as the larger sized Lee Presses.

Banned

I have a Lyman set I'd be willing to part with. Make me an offer! PM me.

Boolit Master
    Love it, you boys are gonna drive your parents nuts!

Loading for 45acp is as easy as loading for 38spcl, great calibers to start with. One challenge/opportunity is that there is 45acp brass available in both large and small primer sizes, so you can get by with either once you find some of either.

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Love it, you boys are gonna drive your parents nuts!

Loading for 45acp is as easy as loading for 38spcl, great calibers to start with. One challenge/opportunity is that there is 45acp brass available in both large and small primer sizes, so you can get by with either once you find some of either.
    I was able to purchase some Winchester Factory Brass. Do you know the primer size for that manufacturing of brass?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post
    I was able to purchase some Winchester Factory Brass. Do you know the primer size for that manufacturing of brass?
    Probably large, but take a spent primer that you pushed out of a 38spcl case and drop it into a new 45acp case. If it drops in and rattles around you have LPP brass, if you can’t get it it you have SPP brass.

I usually sort it just looking, but get crosseyed after a few thousand so keep a drill bit handy that fits into large but not small forget the size and am away from home today.

Boolit Master
    Midway has the LEE .45 acp 4 die set. Placed an order for one just a few hours ago.