RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data

Thread: Large Caliber air gun with MORE POWER than a 30-06?

Banned

Large Caliber air gun with MORE POWER than a 30-06?

This doesn't need much of an intro. Don't believe me? Just watch.

Boolit Grand Master
    And it weighs a mere 200 times as much as your deer rifle! Just the thing for carrying up into the deer stand.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    And it weighs a mere 200 times as much as your deer rifle! Just the thing for carrying up into the deer stand.
    Maybe there will be deer stand industrial elevators? Fully equipped with diesel generators and such.

I have to agree this was a pretty sophisticated design for a Potato Gun. The Design was very cool, and Construction was first rate. They definitely spent some money on that project.

Hope to see these guys at the Punkin' Chunkin' event next year.

Randy.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

More money and time than he knows what to do with.
    But that's okay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    I have to agree this was a pretty sophisticated design for a Potato Gun. The Design was very cool, and Construction was first rate. They definitely spent some money on that project.

Hope to see these guys at the Punkin' Chunkin' event next year.

Randy.
    This was the first video of this guy that I have watched in over a year. I delved into more of his videos...he is getting REALLY good. He recently produced some videos of the rocket factory "United Rocket Alliance" complete with absolutely remarkable interviews with Tory Bruno. If you want to learn about an exceptional American check out those videos.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    More money and time than he knows what to do with.
    But that's okay.
    i think its great when people getting rich off the youtube ads i have to watch put it back into impressive projects for me to check out, makes it worth it for me

Boolit Grand Master

The Navy also liked them for night firing since they had no muzzles flash. If I remember correct some had a two mile range.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite_gun

A dynamite gun is any of a class of artillery pieces that use compressed air to propel an explosive projectile (such as one containing dynamite). Dynamite guns were in use for a brief period from the 1880s to the beginning of the twentieth century.

Because of the instability of early high explosives, it was impractical to fire an explosive-filled shell from a conventional gun. The violent deflagration of the propellant charge and the sudden acceleration of the shell would set off the explosive in the barrel of the weapon. By using compressed air, the dynamite gun was able to accelerate the projectile more gradually through the length of the barrel.

Guns for naval use were supplied with air from shipboard compressors. A small model for field use by land forces employed a powder charge to drive a piston down a cylinder, compressing air that was then fed into the gun barrel. This field model was famously used by Theodore Roosevelt's Rough Riders during the Spanish–American War, but had actually been used previously by Cuban insurgents against Spanish forces.

The guns fired a relatively lightweight shell; necessarily the guns had a low muzzle velocity, requiring a high angle of fire even at short ranges. This increased the flight time of the shell, resulting in a loss of accuracy.

By 1900, the availability of stable high explosives, the longer range of conventional artillery, the gun's mechanical complexity, and its inherent limitations made the dynamite gun obsolete.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

If I remember right, dynamite guns were used on some American warships in the naval battle against the Spanish warships in the Phillipines naval battle. james

Boolit Master

Lewis and Clark had a couple of air rifles on their expedition.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master

And in 1779 Austria supplied caliber .44 air rifles to special troops that fired 20 balls a minute from a pressure tank at 950+ fps.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy
    That's a cannon.

Boolit Master
    These guys are pikers. Check out Light Gas Guns if you want extreme velocity. 23,000 fps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-gas_gun

We used them to simulate meteoroids impacting space craft to help us design micrometeoroid and orbital debris shields. 108 grain projectile at 23,000 fps. Spacecraft need really good flack jackets.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    These guys are pikers. Check out Light Gas Guns if you want extreme velocity. 23,000 fps.
    That concept was discussed on this forum,,
    That is exactly what happens when you chamber and fire a 300 Blackout is a 5.56 AR15,,,,,,,,,

Boolit Master
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    Tecnically it's not an airgun but a vacuum gun and there is a big diference.

Well this 20mm airgun product quite nice power and kicks like mule
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcG76omqWbM