WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Can I post a testimonial for my local lead supplier?

Can I post a testimonial for my local lead supplier?

I am lucky enough to have a Doe Run owned fabricator right around the corner from me, Seafab Metals Company in Casa Grande, who, in addition to things like radiation shielding and other industrial uses of commercial lead, manage to find time to make 92/6/2 for us casters in 25 pound strings or 62 pound pigs. The price fluctuates with the market, and when I looked last time it was well north of $2.60 a pound. Right before the end of the month I checked and it was $1.88. OK, time to squeeze the nickel until the Indian screams and the buffalo squeals. I picked up my 25 pounds cut up, only to find the chunks were WAY too big for my little Lee 10# lead pot. No problem they said they can chunk it up smaller, how about tomorrow. Sure. As I am about to exit the parking lot one of the office ladies literally runs out and say, wait, we found someone to do it right now. Well, awesome! The gentleman doing it brought it out and said if these aren't small enough, bring it back.
    I took the box home...and they don't fit past the spout rod. NOW I feel like the worst customer in the world, as I took the box back on Friday. The reaction from Seafab? Literally, "You're the customer and if it isn't right we will make it right." I do have to say additional cuts are charged as a normal part, which I have no problem doing. The end result was perfect, and I commented I might be a customer, but I am the smallest of little guys compared to their usual big names. They shrugged and said again, "You're the customer." And I will be again.
    Did I mention the perfect safety record they have on the wall for twenty, (20), years? No industrial injuries for 20 years - impressive. Very, VERY nice people, and they like casters.
    Thank you for letting me praise the finest lead fabricators in the world, as the sign on the front of their building says, and I can believe it.

Boolit Grand Master

Its always good to hear about stand-up companies. And their safety record is impressive.

My recommendation - dump the 10lb Lee pot and get a 20lb pot. The diagonal rod in that pot is such a pain in rear, you can't use normal size ingots you can't freely scrub the bottom, the thing gets empty by the time you start casting and temperature flactuate. You have to stop and refill, your mold gets cold and you start getting wrinkled bullets, by the time you start getting good bullets you just emptied 1/3 of the pot.

If you're willing to pay good money for lead why not invest in a good pot?
    I don't pay more than $1/lb for lead so when I buy 100lb of lead I save $80, there's your "free" 20lb pot. Its well worth investment to save you from trips to cut your lead in to smaller pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Boolit Man

Boolit Grand Master

Darn it. They are hiring a yard truck driver in MO. I bet that would be a nice job to get lead on a regular basis for cheap.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    It’s great when thing work out well. Too bad customer service is often forgotten about today.