Reloading EverythingLoad DataPBcastcoWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can I make with this?

Most of what you have there looks to be the conversion for a Ammomaster progressive to the Ammomaster single stage.
    The single stage Ammomaster once had the ability for up to 50 BMG.

Find someone with a Ammomaster, and I bet they would buy it. I looked at them when I had mine, just for the sake of continued use when parts were no longer available to upkeep the progressive aspect. I bought a 1979 Corvette project, so my press was sold to buy tires.

Be patient with RCBS, I have a buddy in the tech department. They have had a tough time with COVID furloughs and the recent fires. He explained you would think sales would be up and everyone would be reloading, but with the scarcity of primers/powders/bullets, sales do drop; no one wants to buy equip if they can’t get components.

Boolit Grand Master
    I would try and call RCBS and see if you can get a live person and see if you can get parts to make you a complete Ammomaster (I use one). I would even try snail mail and write them a letter and give your email address for a reply.

I will.guve that a shot. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I would try to make a complete Ammomaster out of it. Mine is only used for the 50BMG & it is the perfect tool for the job. Any of the long ultra mags would be fine too.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Mold
    How about an anchor for your or your buddies rowboat or canoe.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0CDC048D-915D-42BF-A582-3AD96AD0A436.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	271943

I would strongly urge you to investigate finishing out one Ammomaster. The most useful press I own. HUGE amount of leverage, easy to reach into. Absolutely wonderful for case conversions.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Joe504 if you could come up with parts to complete both presses, they would have quite a bit of value. Might take a while before the Covid cools.
    Never trade luck for skill.

I have had no luck finding parts. I have tried contacting RCBS, no response. I will try them again after Christmas.

I'm going to make something, lol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe504 View Post
    I have had no luck finding parts. I have tried contacting RCBS, no response. I will try them again after Christmas.

I'm going to make something, lol

Having a machine shop of your own would be the ideal situation for making what you need. Not everyone has that stuff, though. I'm building a machine shop myself, but for years I got by with a file and hacksaw and such. It will not be quick, but you could make most of what you need that way. You could use mild steel instead of cast iron, which would have some advantages (and disadvantages, too). A few years ago, I put a quick change tool post on my Atlas lathe. It takes a big T-nut to hold the thing on the lathe compound. The tool post came with a rectangular block of steel for the T-nut, drilled and tapped 9/16-18. I hacksawed off the top corners, and filed it to fit. Took about 4 hours. So, as I said, not quick, but doable. Drill press is nice, and could have been used to mill the T-nut, but it would have taken quite a bit of time, too, and might damage the bearings in the drill press.

My dad called a file a "Mexican Milling Machine." It was not a derogatory term.

There is a town in Pakistan, Dara, where they've been making guns for a long time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctpN4PWZLOI The guy says 70 years in the video. When I was a kid, I read an article in the American Rifleman about Dara.

There is a time vs cost calculation that does not work out for me. I have so many other projects that are more important to me (I live in new Orleans, and have bought 2 different estates from gun owners who were flooded in Katrina, and have a literal stack of rifles to clean and restore)

I love all the ideas here, and will post pics when I eventually get something together.

Boolit Man
    Piecing together an ammomaster would be a project that would have a nice payoff in the end. If you reform cases or are wanting to do some heavy duty swaging you could build it over a small hydraulic jack.The bees knees for me would be to buy a used snowplow hydraulic unit in the spring when they are cheap and set it up with a foot pedal.

Boolit Man

Looking forward to that.
    Let's go Brandon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12