Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this where I introduce myself?

Boolit Man
    Thanks StuBach,
    I think if I go back to casting I will buy here. You guys seem more trustworthy.
    At this point in time I am not shooting enough to cast my own. I can buy here or at the shows, no more than I go through.
    There will be a lot to learn here, and that is what I will enjoy the most.
    My stint in Hi-Power had me reloading waaay more than I wanted. If I never reload another .308 I will be a happy boy! Having said that, I recently reloaded a group of .30-30's in different loads and cast bullets and really enjoyed that task.
    Pay no attention to the mess in my shop. My best work comes from chaos!

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome Mike, lots of good info and people on this site, sending you a PM on the NEF.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master

Welcome Mike, Lots of good info here and it's really not hard to get along here. If you lean to the left you may want to stay out of the politics section! Most here lean right but as long as it guns/shooting/casting/loading we all seem to get along!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master
    Welcome aboard Sir.Thanks for your service.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Man
    "If you lean to the left you may want to stay out of the politics section!"
    I do lean to the left, but it's because of an old flat track injury. Has nothing to do with my political bent. Been a life member since 1978, been an endowment member for couple of years now.
    Became old enough to vote in 1969. Since, I have never voted for a democrat.
    It's all about the 2nd amendment, and whoever protects it.

Quote Originally Posted by mike britton View Post
    "If you lean to the left you may want to stay out of the politics section!"
    I do lean to the left, but it's because of an old flat track injury. Has nothing to do with my political bent. Been a life member since 1978, been an endowment member for couple of years now.
    Became old enough to vote in 1969. Since, I have never voted for a democrat.
    It's all about the 2nd amendment, and whoever protects it.
    Welcome Mike......... now that you brought that up , I'm kinda glad it was my right ankle that i exploded riding Motocross!!!!! I'm now feeling a little more matched leaning to the right Ha!ha

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome Aboard! And Thanks for your Service.

Minerat covered it pretty well. You won't have any trouble here if you just keep everything civil. Don't post any dirty words and don't use symbols or other letters to spell dirty words. Disagreements are allowed if done in a friendly or respectful manner.

Enough about rules. You ask about lead. Wheelweights are still available in many parts of the country, although scarce in other parts. And they make good bullets as is. Talk with your mechanics, tire store guys, ect. The guys that sell here in the Swapping and Selling Section are honest and sell at fair prices if you have to buy lead. My local tire guy is good for about a bucket a month and they are still running 60-70% lead. Many of us mine the berms and bullet traps where we shoot. If you go the wheelweight route there are a few stickies about sorting them that are helpful.

Again, Welcome Aboard.

Boolit Man
    Thanks! I may go talk to my indoor range, there are a ton of .22 shooters there.

Boolit Master

Is this where I introduce myself?

Hey Mike,
    One last great reason to enjoy the forum. If you aren’t planning to cast for yourself but there’s a design your interested in trying, post up on the swapping and selling forum a WTB (want to buy) thread asking for the design your interested in. Many of us keep extra on hand, or have no problem casting up some extra, to sell for fair pricing. Helps us all expand our horizons without investing in every mold out there. If you find one or two you love you can see if one of the sponsored vendors or other members would be willing to cast in quantity for you or maybe opt to take the plunge then. Try before you buy.

Note: you do have to meet the minimum membership requirements before posting on swapping and selling but they aren’t too hard to hit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12