RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Buy IMR and Winchester Powder Direct Now

Boolit Master

Buy IMR and Winchester Powder Direct Now

Received an e-mail indicating that I could buyHodgdon Powders direct now. ( IMR and Winchester Powders "Direct" Now).
    You can try "Direct Hodgdon Powder Purchase" at: https://shop.hodgdon.com/winchester

Wanted to see what the rates were, so I created a log on/guest user account. Used Ten One Pound containers of Winchester 748 as a sample to see what the rates would be' Got following results:

Order Summary

Winchester 748
    10 x Winchester 748
    Size 1 lb
    $309.50
    Subtotal $309.50
    Shipping $21.46
    Hazmat Fee $19.99
    Tax $0.00
    Total (USD) $350.95
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Pretty steep price.

Boolit Buddy
    In my state of NY I'd have to add approximately another $25 in sales tax to that invoice.

Often, if a factory will sell direct at all, its at a noticeably higher price than anywhere else.
    It's to protect their stocking dealers.

Years ago, I worked at a house paint store that had a wall paper section where we'd work with a customer,
    co-ordinate their 'decor', blah, blah, blah. After spending a hour or two with them, and they didn't ever buy any:

We found out some wall paper companies were selling direct for less than we could sell the same order.
    A little digging around, we found which companies were doing that, then went to our wall paper section,
    pulled all of their sample books, and dropped them in the trash.

748 is my favorite for the old AR-rat gun. The last time I bought any was in August, at our local guy.
    He's well stocked, but by no means the cheapest place to buy components.
    However; no more than I get at a time, its close to break even having it shipped.
    Plus, I get instant gratification, and he at least pretends to be glad to see me.

In mid August this year, I got 3 pounds of 748--- at more or less full retail, and it was $27.21 a pound plus 6% state sales tax.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Their stated prices seem to be the same "Retail" prices as I find at Cabella's or Sportman Ski Haus. I can on occasion find cheaper at Murdochs. Of course; when shipping and Hazmat are added prices do escalate per pound.

Yet; if one can order direct on this site - there may be times when they have supply and others do not. Thought the group might find interesting.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Banned
    Most manufacturers will charge more than their retailers so they aren't competing with their biggest customers.!!

$35 a pound, I'll pass

Boolit Grand Master
    Just checked...Varget is out of stock. Maybe $35/lb would not be out of line right now.
    Don Verna