Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Cabin fever

Boolit Grand Master

Cabin fever

Those living in Alaska know what it is.
    I'm thinking, with lots of places in lock down, like here.
    Anyone having Cabin Fever?????
    I think I might.

Banned

I'm suffering from it in south Texas!

Boolit Master

I am. But not due to covid. I just had my quadricep reattached yesterday. And i want to shoot my new rifle.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

not so much here, got the whole ranch to keep up and people around here are getting back to normal. we were hit hard in the first wave and now seem to have the herd immunity they talk about.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I'm in same boat as rancher , lots of work to do and always have something that needs fixed or worked on.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Losing my mind. Work has been insane because I am in a small, highly specialized group we don't staff well and one guy quit while the other is out with serious health problems the second time this year. So it falls in my lap. Kids doing school at home 3 days a week. Don't really go out or leave the house. So I am climbing the walls. Thankfully small game season starts Thursday, so will slip out for the morning and then get a full day in the field this weekend. This might be a long winter.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Buddy
    Wife and I weren't really getting cabin fever from covid, live on 5 acres, always got something to do, and we have the farm 100 miles west we go check on occasionally just to get out of Dodge. But, I've been confined to a bed/chair the last 6 weeks from a hip revision, 2 weeks to go. I think I'll be able to put some weight on leg in two weeks, but will still be on walker another 30 days. I'm still headed to farm just to get out of the house. But, I have got a heck of a lot of brass trimmed while in this chair. It hasn't been a total loss.

Except for wearing a mask when going in somewhere--
    I don't see any difference from what it was like this time last year.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Not much different from normal here. There is the mask thing but about half the folks here don't wear them even in the stores. I have 13 acres with the back and one side forest service land so I've got plenty of room to wander. Have to be civilized when going to Kalispell. Other than that, no big deal.

Boolit Master

My brother and I got HAM radio licenses over 20 years ago, we social distance over the radio. We're both retired and really only go out to buy groceries, and I hang out at his place. I would like to meet my twin grand sons who are 4 months old, but this lock down happened while I was out in N. CA, and am kind of stuck. This county has had cases measured in hundreds, mortality on one hand.

My folks are in S. CA, and in their 80s, so visiting is video chat. Wife is worried that if I travel I might get ill or get her or my father in law ill. Mother in law just found out she is stage 4 with bad cancer so I may be going to CO in the near future. I'll have to go through quarantine and testing under CO regs which I hear are pretty medieval.

I get to hang out with my brother here, my online friends here, and talk with other HAM radio enthusiasts. The only thing I miss was giving guitar lessons to a friend's grand son, he was really coming along. I'm not going near my friend, he is older and medically compromised. Heck, he's been in the hospital 2 out of the last 4 months. I'm good with staying at home but I will say my reloading is all caught up.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Those living in Alaska know what it is.
    I'm thinking, with lots of places in lock down, like here.
    Anyone having Cabin Fever?????
    I think I might.
    Not really. I fixed a retired farmer buddy up with 2 Duck Clubs to take care of and do food plots for and I help him. One of them is about 220 acres and the other one is a little bigger. I also help his boys that are still farming with their planting in the Spring and with harvest in the Fall. In between I host a Dove Hunt and I plant Sunflowers for bait. (thats legal here) Thats a couple of days work in May and a couple more in August.

My biggest challenge is making time to get out with my Wife so that she's not too bored. We usually take my Mom with us when we get go. Its usually not much, just a ride around the country side and we usually order something for lunch that we can pick up at a drive through window someplace.

I try to stay busy as you can see. Fortunately the things that I'm doing can be done with the usual precautions. But I do miss eating out and visiting some of the breweries around here.

Rotator cuff surgery here. Got me locked down for 6 weeks. I was scheduled for May, but Covid pushed it back to now. Hoping to catch the end of deer season. Naturally it's my Right one. No hunting, fishing, shooting, or loading. Stuck here on the computer huntin' an peckin' with the left hand.

Well im almost done mine. Still need to do abit of winter prep and add furniture on the inside.

Boolit Master
    Throw in a pinched nerve and I cant even go down to reload.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Major surgery on foot/ankle at the end of April with a 20 + week recovery. Only time out is to go to the surgeon for check up and a dentist appt. today. We stayed in AZ for the summer due to my surgery so I just tell everyone that I get up in the morning, turn 90 degrees in my chair and look at a different wall for the day! LOL My wife gets out for groceries and errands but other than that, we have pretty much stayed in the house - especially with the high temperatures here in southern AZ. Finally able to start wearing shoes again and get out in the garage to do a little cleaning and putz with the reloading. But hey . . . it's not that bad. Others have it much worse. I try to cll friends back home and stay in touch with them . . . several facing some serious health issues so try to call to help keep their spirits up. I think everyone will be glad when all of this virus is over with and a vaccine is out for it and things can get back to normal again. Too many folks are feeling isolated . . too much increase in liquor consumption, child and spousal abuse, depression, etc.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    No cabin fever here.
    Lots to do around The Estate.
    Spend one day a week at one of the gun clubs that I have memberships at.
    Spend a couple or three days working on reloading projects.
    I am nearly 66 and retired for over two years. Also have a severely compromised immune system due to chemotherapy treatments.
    I go out in public two or three times a week but only wear a mask when forced to by our Nazi governor. Yesterday I had an appointment to get my hair cut and that was the first time I wore a mask since my last haircut a month ago.

Boolit Master
    No cabin fever here. That will happen in February or March.
    I haven't watched the "news" since March, so I don't know how bad the president is or how scared I'm supposed to be of covid.

Boolit Grand Master

Cabin fever

Don’t have cabin fever because I haven’t been locked down. I did have a flight ban up until a few weeks ago. So I was stuck driving all over which I don’t like. Outside of having to wear a mask flying is great. Not many people at the airport so you actually have space. I’m averaging 100% on complimentary first class upgrades so I’m comfortable flying cross country. I hope flying stays this way.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 10-02-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Boolit Master

Nope, no lockdowns in NH. The wife and I went up north for the fall colors last weekend with friends. I keep my mask pulled down under my nose. I can breath easily and no one has complained yet.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Not where i live in Alaska, swamped at work ....... i can't even take time off to go on a hunting trip . Its been a crazy year , people are buying Tractors,bobcats , Atvs and ect. Like crazy ....... everyone is sold out of everything, including car lots and power sports buisness . It's nuts , eveyone thought it was going to be a horrible buisness year, but instead a lot of business has had a best year ?? I don't understand it lol