Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Found Primers In Stock........Anywhere?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Yep, my LGS currently has CCI in stock for $39.99 a brick. LMR, LR, SR LMP, and yes SP. Limited to one brick per day to slow the hoarders down. I’m sure if there wasn’t a one brick a day limit someone would have already went in a cleared them all out in one purchase like everywhere else in the country. The small pistol primers are limited to 500 a day. There are also some blue box brick of federal primers there. All the same normal every day price of $39.99 that they have always sold primers for before the panic. They have always had a limit of one per day even before the panic along with powder. I picked up a pound of varget from them a month or so back for $36.99. They’re only open a couple of days a week and I’m heading in there this morning with a buddy and my pops so we each can all get a brick today and tomorrow for my inventory. LMR and LMP are in my crosshairs today as I have approx 1 brick of LMP and 200 LMR left. I would assume LMR are not that popular. I just bought a couple 50 round boxes of 9mm America eagle 9mm at farm and fleet this past spring for $8.99. My pistol like the cheap stuff and I hardly shoot it anyways. I’m a wheel gun kinda guy.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 10-13-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Banned

All sizes available at a LGS in my area!

I just got back from the LGS. They had one brick of cci 200, 7 bricks of magnum rifle 250. 2 1/2 bricks of large magnum pistol which I bought one. Three bricks of federal LP, and about 5 or so boxes of cci SMP. They had small pistol in the back room which I didn't know about. The owner offered them to me . I've been going in there since the early 70's and they have done alot of business with me at places I've worked. I also purchased 500 of the cci 500's so if I get a hair up my wazoo I can brake in my 32 S&W die set I bought from a member here. I'll head back later with my pops so he can get 500 more and a brick of LMR 250 for me. If the last brick of 200's are there I might have him grab them instead and roll the dice to see if the 7 magnum rifle bricks are still there tomorrow. I dont see myself shooting my ultra mags 200 times in the near future. BTW there were a dozen customers and no one else was buying primers there. The owner did tell me he hid the SP primers in back since one guy was comming in and bringing all his friends to purchase them up....so I will learn from from his comment and not over do it myself.

... I did go back in the afternoon with my dad who picked up a brick of LR and 500 more SP. Only 300 primers were sold between the time I was there in the morning and my second visit. So no one is on fire in my area for primers apparently.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 10-13-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I was stocking up four years ago with the anticipation that Hillary would be our next president. Good news, she lost. Let’s just say that I have my share.

Boolit Buddy
    No primers in my area what so ever. I've resorted to buying virgin primed brass 500 a time.

Boolit Master
    Sportsman's here had small rifle mag and small pistol mag primers for the first time in almost 6 months.

Boolit Master

Pats Reloading (http://patsreloading.com/patsrel3/It...tegory=Primers) seems to still have a selection of primers; but they are $57.00 per 1000 before shipping and Hazmat.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

Got burned on the first Obama go around ad learned my lesson. Stocked up and haven't looked back since. Once in a panic, you guys should learn and be prepared./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    Cleaning a bit around my club's reloading bench I found over 50 live primers. For those bidding on gunbroker, that's like $7.50. I guess it reflects not only the general messiness of some folks, but also that our club's manager is still selling primers at about $45/K, one brick at a time, and tells me he has plenty.

Boolit Master

A user on another board hs been tracking another worrisome development. There are young leftist revolutionary types that are very much accumulating 2A hardware, ammo and components. They are techie people and have written apps to scrape websites to automatically make primer and ammo purchases the second they back in stock.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    A user on another board hs been tracking another worrisome development. There are young leftist revolutionary types that are very much accumulating 2A hardware, ammo and components. They are techie people and have written apps to scrape websites to automatically make primer and ammo purchases the second they back in stock.
    THAT is exactly what I have suspected, and even voiced my opinion about the bad guys buying up all of the ammo, but I was just poo-pooed.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    THAT is exactly what I have suspected, and even voiced my opinion about the bad guys buying up all of the ammo, but I was just poo-pooed.
    I'm not afraid of them amassing 2A gear, I am afraid that they will figure out how to actually use it. If these morons figure out which end of the bangstick the bullet goes in we are going to be facing some very interesting combat techniques. The only other thing I have to say is that I can hit a 10" gong at 600 yards, usually on the first shot.
    Lead, brass, and copper are the real precious metals.

Boolit Master
    We've seen this stuff happen cyclically many times, and I really doubt leftist revolutionaries with roboprograms ever had anything to do with it. More likely just some combination of greed, fear and timing.

It's true, though that some liberal leaning folks are buying guns and ammo. Like many more conservative folks, they are afraid in these times (I am not going to discuss whose fault that might be). I just sold a handgun and gave basic firearms instruction to a couple who are non shooters who, for the first time, realized that real violence and personal risk live right outside in their neighborhood. They appreciated what I did for them, enjoyed the shooting and want to do and learn more. I doubt our respective views on many things will ever be in synch, but they now respect and understand gun ownership and rights from a personal perspective, and I can live with that.

Boolit Mold
    It's a crap shoot but lately if I keep refreshing the search at bass pro shop they seem to have fair stock of primers. they offer a free ship to store so when you search you are able to basically take any inventory and ship it "free" to your local bass pro.
    I got 6k of large pistol magnums that added to the 2k I have will set me for at least a year. (only used in my 44mag loads) but if in a pinch I can load some 45acp if my small primer stock gets to low.
    Sure isn't easy to find though. Last thursday powder valley had small pistol primers. By the time I noticed there was only 1k left which wasn't worth the hazmat to me.
    it seems they sell out fast enough that ammoseek really isn't worth it as the time I ordered from Brownells and basspro neither showed up on ammoseek until they were actually sold out.

I stopped into my LGS today. In the last two business days the dozen bricks of CCI SMP were all cleaned out. Been zero boxes sold in the last three weeks prior. There were seven loose boxes left so I bought them for $3.99 a box. Figured if and when I run out if the brick of SP I bought from them a few weeks ago I can substitute these.

They still have about a half dozen bricks each of CCi 200,250, and 350’s all for $39.99 a brick.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Powder Valley had them earlier, but it was limit 1K each. Not worth the hazmat. They sold though.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

Over the weekend I found primers on the shelf at Shooter's Outpost in Hooksett, NH. There were several different types. The only one that I know for sure they didn't have was SP. CCI and Fiocchi. I picked up 1500 of the LP Fiocchi's for $43.99. Figured I'd better get while the getting was good.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

I think primer inventory at the lGS’s is back on the rise accept for SP. The consumers that don’t want to leave the house or have access to LGS’s imo are still going to fight for primers for a long, long, time.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 10-29-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I think primer inventory at the lGS’s is back on the rise accept for SP. The consumers that don’t want to leave the house or have access to LGS’s imo are still going to fight for primers for a long, long, time.
    The nearest LGS that carries reloading supplies is 100 miles away. Why would an on-line supplier not have the same access and consideration as a brick and mortar store?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast