RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners Load Data
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Found Primers In Stock........Anywhere?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by schpier View Post
    Simply go for black powder firearms! No shortage of percussion caps!
    Really? I've not found any percussion caps anywhere. They all disappeared right along with the others.

Boolit Master
    ok I got a question and an opinion, about the hoarding and the bad guys buying up all the stuff, just who exactly are these bad guys and what makes em bad, are they bad because they stocked up when getting was good. if they are real bad guys like gun thief gang bangers or something I really don't think many of those types of people reload ammo. but who know I may be all wrong.
    the scary part of all these shortages is that come Tuesday night or whenever all the votes are counted the is a real possibility according to Vegas odds experts that things may possibly change forever and prices people are advertising stuff for right now could double or triple overnight. I hope I'm wrong about this possible scenario but it is a possibility. I'm just thankful I got a couple boxes of primers when prices were normal

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    ok I got a question and an opinion, about the hoarding and the bad guys buying up all the stuff, just who exactly are these bad guys and what makes em bad, are they bad because they stocked up when getting was good.
    These are REALLY bad guys. They have the audacity to buy when supplies are plentiful and prices are normal. Why, the nerve of them using their intellect to foresee possible bad times in the future. Ask any guy who didn't think ahead and now has no primers and he will tell you.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Hit my local Fleet Farm store yesterday morning. They were down to about 2k of 209 shotshell primers no powder except a couple of pounds of Green Dot. No .22lr, .22mag, or standard handgun ammo. Only a very few factory rifle calibers had any on the shelf.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

I was mostly raised on a farm and I learned that you make hay and stack the bales in the haymow when the sun shines and not when it rains.

As a person that's just gotten into reloading, this is kind of a rotten time to start. However, I can't thank the other users on this forum enough to open their hearts and give me some primed brass to get me started. Now I've almost doubled the amount of factory ammunition that I have in stock. I've called intermittently to all my LGS's in my area and they have been out for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    Exactly!! WHERE is the ammo??

There have been guys parked along the side of the road selling ammo out of the back of their truck. Did not stop to check prices as I will not buy from them even if they are cheaper than the stores. I wont assist people gouging other people if you don't need it leave it on the shelf.

I refused to buy 22LR at 100$ a brick in 2008 and now I have a life time supply. If the election goes good in a couple years I will have a lifetime supply of primers and other reloading components.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    Really? I've not found any percussion caps anywhere. They all disappeared right along with the others.
    It may be unkind of me to think this, but with some folks panic buying stuff they don't even know to use, I can't help but wonder if some completely raw reloading beginner is sitting at his bench wondering why his new "primers" don't seem to fit any of his centerfire brass...

Boolit Mold
    The percussion caps are in France where I’m at. BP is a cheap and highly effective alternative in my experience

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    ok I got a question and an opinion, about the hoarding and the bad guys buying up all the stuff, just who exactly are these bad guys and what makes em bad, are they bad because they stocked up when getting was good. if they are real bad guys like gun thief gang bangers or something I really don't think many of those types of people reload ammo. but who know I may be all wrong.
    the scary part of all these shortages is that come Tuesday night or whenever all the votes are counted the is a real possibility according to Vegas odds experts that things may possibly change forever and prices people are advertising stuff for right now could double or triple overnight. I hope I'm wrong about this possible scenario but it is a possibility. I'm just thankful I got a couple boxes of primers when prices were normal
    The BAD guys are NOT you and me, or any other person who just likes to shoot and reload. The BAD guys are George Soros and his gang of thieves. The same guys who have been trying to take our guns away from us for several years now. They have found they CANNOT take our guns, so instead, they are buying ALL the ammo, reloading components, etc., and hoarding it. That is my theory. I hope I am wrong.

Boolit Man

I am new to reloading. I have been saving brass for some time and ordered some powder, primers, bullets and reloading equipment when I started to see the writing on the wall early last year.

Over the last several months I have been able to get a few thousand more SP and LR primers online at the regular price. They come and go fast!

I have been able to stock up on Hornady XTP bullets by watching several sites. I have what I wanted and am out of the market for them till I dispense a good number.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep! Buy it when there is a plentiful supply so in times of scarcity you don’t have to put a load on the system and can leave more to for the folks that are not prepared. The old-fashioned term was planning ahead. It is NOT HORDING!

Went to pick up a new pistol at the LGS and had to wait 90 minutes for the background check. They said it has been taking at least an hour – it was 5 minutes or less last year.

With the demand being placed on the system it will take quite a while to get back to normal or we may end up with Francis “Beto” O'rourke.

Boolit Master

I've gone to sharpening sticks in large quanities

maybe will build a bow too
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Went to the local gun shop yestereday. It's the largest shop in this area. Planned to pick up a can of 2400 and some small rifle primers
    if they were reasonably priced. No 2400 and not a single primer of any kind on the shelf. The store owner, along with 4 other employees were working behind the counter so I asked the owner about primers, He said they had some very overpriced pistol primers in the back that they had not put out yet, but that is all. I left with nothing. Very disappointing.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast View Post
    Went to the local gun shop yestereday. It's the largest shop in this area. Planned to pick up a can of 2400 and some small rifle primers
    if they were reasonably priced. No 2400 and not a single primer of any kind on the shelf. The store owner, along with 4 other employees were working behind the counter so I asked the owner about primers, He said they had some very overpriced pistol primers in the back that they had not put out yet, but that is all. I left with nothing. Very disappointing.
    What did he consider “ very overpriced “ as far as $$$?

Boolit Master
    My lgs had large pistol and large rifle primers in stock. Limit 1,000. $40. Bought 500 LP.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Quote Originally Posted by truckerdave397 View Post
    What did he consider “ very overpriced “ as far as $$$?
    He did not say. Maybe he was embarrassed about the price.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I just went over to my same LGS I’ve been buying primers from to buy the last pound of HS-6 they had for $26.99. Bricks of CCI MLR, LR, and MLP were still in stock for $39.99.

Well, Let this be a lesson to you guys that complain about hording. I mostly shoot black powder rifles, from stuffers and suppository rifles and maybe I might put the .45 Gold Cup or the .38 Special S&W 52 master in the jeep. Over the years and I'm 81 now but I'm still very active shooting Black Powder matches and I have seen component shortages before but I learned a lesson and that is keep a supply on hand and rotate the supply like the donut shop does putting the new supply in the back and use the front old stuff.
    A sleeve of primers don't last me long I go through a case in short order and my powder consumption has dropped these last from 4-5 cases a year that is 100 to 125 lbs a year. When I load I use the Rock Chucker and there is a plastic tube dropping down into a gallon water bottle catching the spent primers and I have one bottle full and the bottle under the press is 1/2 full now. Next time I go to the scrap yard I will turn those used primers in for lead. They are all brass
    I just pulled out a brick out of the broken fridge I keep them in to load some .44-77's and in the back is a old box of CCI with a $8.68 price tag on it. Things have changed.
    Instead of complaining be prepared.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c9uszkftdxd51.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	270763
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Boolit Master
    well now I feel like an idiot not cashing in the 401k and stocking up. sure does seem that potential profit from primers right now is on par with buying apple stock back in 1985

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast