Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Found Primers In Stock........Anywhere?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Because you have a billion people watching for on line primer inventory like a hawk and hoarding nation wide as soon as someone shows any inventory. IMO in this country our consumers have become lazy and would rather sit in front of computer than to walk into a store to make a purchase. For example my LGS currently has over 2 dozen bricks in stock of LR, MLP, and MLP as I type of CCI for $39.99. They have had these primers sitting there for over a month now with no buyers accept for me grabbing two bricks a day. They had 9 bricks of CCI MSP sitting there for over three weeks with Zero sold till two days ago. I procrastinated since I didn’t need them and ended up buying the last 700 since I figured I could substitute them in my 9mm loads. There had been zero primers available on line for months. If I wouldn’t have walked into my LGS three weeks ago I would be 10 bricks light. Most see on line that primers aren’t available anywhere and don’t take the time or energy to look. Not trying to start a fight but we as a nation have become way to laid back and buy most everything on line and are to lazy or don’t take the initiative to get off our butts and walk into a store anymore...and I’m guilty as charged as well. I live on a small city that most every item available for sale here are cheap, entry level products. Walmart’s, Target, ect. Anything of item quality or high dollar I have to order on line as well or go on a long drive to purchase.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 10-29-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Because you have a billion people watching for on line primer inventory like a hawk and hoarding nation wide as soon as someone shows any inventory. IMO in this country our consumers have become lazy and would rather sit in front of computer than to walk into a store to make a purchase. For example my LGS currently has over 2 dozen bricks in stock of LR, MLP, and MLP as I type of CCI for $39.99. They have had these primers sitting there for over a month now with no buyers accept for me grabbing two bricks a day. They had 9 bricks of CCI MSP sitting there for over three weeks with Zero sold till two days ago. I procrastinated since I didn’t need them and ended up buying the last 700 since I figured I could substitute them in my 9mm loads. There had been zero primers available on line for months. If I wouldn’t have walked into my LGS three weeks ago I would be 10 bricks light. Most see on line that primers aren’t available anywhere and don’t take the time or energy to look. Not trying to start a fight but we as a nation have become way to laid back and buy most everything on line and are to lazy or don’t take the initiative to get off our butts and walk into a store anymore...and I’m guilty as charged as well. I live on a small city that most every item available for sale here are cheap, entry level products. Walmart’s, Target, ect. Anything of item quality or high dollar I have to order on line as well or go on a long drive to purchase.
    Your opinion but many of us have no convenient LGS to visit. So 1hr drive each way to find out they have nothing? Uh no. Often a call saves that time, if they answer. No primers are not readily available. Sure you may find LR here or there, even LP, but SR & SP, good luck. Not about being lazy but being efficient.
    IMO, not much hoarding going on, if anyone actually understands the term. I have about 40K SP in my stock. I am still a buyer at decent price. Do I need them, no. Do I want them, sure. I will use them, I shoot about 10K rds a year. So it isnt hoarding if you plan on using them, its just being prepared. its why I still have 40K SP.
    Last edited by fredj338; 10-30-2020 at 01:57 PM.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    THAT is exactly what I have suspected, and even voiced my opinion about the bad guys buying up all of the ammo, but I was just poo-pooed.
    I would like to see proof. I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy but IMO, liberals' aren't really that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    Your opinion but many of us have no convenient LGS to visit. So 1hr drive each way to find out they have nothing? Uh no. Often a call saves that time, if they answer. No primers are not readily available. Sure you may find LR here or there, even LP, but SR & SP, good luck. Not about being lazy but being efficient.
    IMO, not much hoarding going on, if anyone actually understands the term. I have about 40K SP in my stock. I am still a buyer at decent price. Do I need them, no. Do I want them, sure. I will sue them, I shoot about 10K rds a year. So it isnt hoarding if you plan on using them, its just being prepared. its why I still have 40K SP.
    I do call before I make the drive myself. I also make sure to have them put away for me or I won’t go. It was nice to order and ship to store at cabelas since they are an hour drive...but they removed buying options for primers. Just pictures but no prices. Pretty frustrating.

Boolit Master
    I drive 1 hour to my gun store gladly. Gets me out of the house and gives me a chance to look at all the gun stuff. Bought another brick of large pistol primers today for $28.25. Life is good.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Wife unit doesn't really keep track whether I'm short or long on primers, all she knows right now is diet Dr. Pepper is nowhere to be found in the local super markets or wallyworld. The hoarding has not affected her, but she is not a happy camper.
    Last edited by la5676; 10-29-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Ia5676 - I think we are living the same life. Wife couldn't care less about my primer stash, but was upset when I came home from Sam's Club without Diet Dr. Pepper. I've never seen that particular cupboard bare before. If I don't track some down soon the 10k primers I have won't be enough. I'm going to need to find a place to hide.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by joebaja View Post
    Ia5676 - I think we are living the same life. Wife couldn't care less about my primer stash, but was upset when I came home from Sam's Club without Diet Dr. Pepper. I've never seen that particular cupboard bare before. If I don't track some down soon the 10k primers I have won't be enough. I'm going to need to find a place to hide.
    We are going on a little driveabout tomorrow, to see if the smaller outlying communities haven't got the memo yet. Really hate to do that, but sometime ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm prolly sitting on closer to 75,000 primers, mixed between all sizes, but really pretty good on SP, maybe 5,000 still. Just picked up another 5,000 SR last week at club, plus 5,000 209 euros, I'm good on U.S. 209's. Both good prices, club not gouging.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    IMO, not much hoarding going on, if anyone actually understands the term. I have about 40K SP in my stock. I am still a buyer at decent price. Do I need them, no. Do I want them, sure. I will sue them, I shoot about 10K rds a year. So it isnt hoarding if you plan on using them, its just being prepared. its why I still have 40K SP.
    THANK YOU!! For what it's worth, Bass Pro is the closest that has reloading components. 100 miles away. I checked with them yesterday. NO primers.

Boolit Master
    One of my LGS has WSR primers in stock for $65.00 per 1000, I passed I don't need them that bad.

Boolit Master
    So, if most of the primers are going to making ammo, where is the ammo? Our local Cabela's ( 65 miles away) hasn't had any handgun ammo for a couple of months. No slugs or buckshot for your scatter gun either but you can still find shotgun primers and lots of bird shot.
    I don't need primers of any size but I always check prices and stock when going to Kalispell.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    So, if most of the primers are going to making ammo, where is the ammo? Our local Cabela's ( 65 miles away) hasn't had any handgun ammo for a couple of months. No slugs or buckshot for your scatter gun either but you can still find shotgun primers and lots of bird shot.
    I don't need primers of any size but I always check prices and stock when going to Kalispell.
    Exactly!! WHERE is the ammo??

I just went to farm and fleet. They had about a dozen boxes of ammo on their shelves. Basically completely bare. What a joke. Good thing I reload and stocked up on rimfire and shotgun shells over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    ITs being bought as it hits shelves. There are regulars that hunt gunshops & online hourly. They buy everything for either flipping of stock piling because they think it will get worse & it certainly could.

Like many others on this forum, I've seen this play out several times before. Our reloading needs are about as diverse as it gets. For some, a brick of 1,000 primers is enough to last them several years. For others, 10,000 would be a good start in hopes the supply comes back before they run out. And, we come from a host of economic backgrounds as well. I have empathy for those caught short and simply can't afford it. When will it end? Who knows? Providing the elections fall in favor of those of us who enjoy hunting and/or the shooting sports, it will still be a while before the supply lines are once again full. I do know balance in components is as important as primers themselves.

And lastly, for those who simply have to have that newest, latest & greatest handgun or rifle and have quiet a collection of them going. Instead of picking up yet another gun you may only put a couple of hundred rounds through and then it gets tossed in the safe. How about when you find that extra amount of new gun fund money burning a hole in your pocket, buy components or loaded ammunition instead? Just food for thought.

Good luck guys!

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master
    as long as you have a nation buying guns, and it's up tremendously,
    they all need ammo to feed them there is the shortage of loaded ammo
    as far as components I do believe people are hoarding just like they did
    with toilet paper
    seems as though a scare of a liberal becoming president and the
    mostly peaceful demonstrations people feel the need to arm themselves
    which is understandable
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by la5676 View Post
    Wife unit doesn't really keep track whether I'm short or long on primers, all she knows right now is diet Dr. Pepper is nowhere to be found in the local super markets or wallyworld. The hoarding has not affected her, but she is not a happy camper.
    Me and your wife ! We actually have Diet Dr. P but NO cherry flavored diet Coke or Dr. P anywhere . I got primers but I hate this cherry shortage !

Boolit Buddy
    I saw several bricks of Large Pistol Magnum primers in a little gun shop in N.P. Nebraska the other day but that was all and they don't fit my .357 Mag.

Boolit Mold
    Simply go for black powder firearms! No shortage of percussion caps!

BB guns must next. When I was at farm and fleet the other day there were five people double fisting air rifles and walking out with them. Most of the pellets were bought up as well.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast