RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At what age...?

Boolit Master

My mother keeps reminding me she is 94 and my dad is 96........When she looks up from her tablet or pauses Youtube.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

The same age as when they till you every ailment they currently have....or have ever had in the past....or potentially in the future. Wow....my grandparents had EVERYTHING according to them. (and I'd just about give anything to have them back)

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

I just know that OLD is not what it used to be. I have gone up on old peoples roofs that I believe were younger than I am recently, ( IE my son in law.. I was always the kid on the job but all the old timers have gone on to their rewards now it seems. I do notice that the work is not as easy as it was once. Gravity has gotten stronger I think. My grand daughter was helping out and I saw her carry a whole bundle of shingles all the way around the house and flop it down on the plank. I said to her " You the Man" and she gave me a very strange look. It was meant as a compliment.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    You know you are old when you observe a great grandson, who will soon be all of one year old, walking around in the backyard and realize that he walks almost as good as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Txcowboy52 View Post
    I always heard with knowledge comes wisdom, not age !
    Yeah...but you have to live long enough to get the wisdom!

Boolit Master
    My mind is as sound as it ever was, knock wood. ..... Come In!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    My big reminder of my age was when the young'uns at Kroger started asking me if I needed any help out with my groceries. Kind of stunned me. But, I registered for the draft in 1969.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    My reminder was just the other day when my son said---"Deb and I are starting to down-size, getting rid of a bunch of stuff---"! All of a sudden it hit me my kid is almost retirement age (60).
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    LOL . . . . . . . everyone has their quirks and I guess that reminding others of your age is just another one of those things . . . we all have known people who do it. Just remember that you may well be doing the same thing some day.

My Dad did it every once in a while . . . my mother"? Not so much. But to me, it never bothers me . . . there are much greater things to worry about in life. Yea . . . if it is a parent who is doing it in regards how you or your family are doing things . . . well . . . give then the benefit of the doubt . . . listen and then follow your own instincts. It's funny how we all get a bit perturbed at times by family or friends . . my Dad has been gone now for 25 years and my Mom for 15 and I would give anything to have them back and they could remind me about how old they are and give me advice and I wouldn't let it bother me at all . . . . .the same as friends that are now gone.

Back to what age it starts at? My guess is when the individual starts to give thought as to where they are past the midpoint in life and what is left is what is left.

Was up the street talking to a neighbor , the house next to him had just sold and we got to talking about witch homes had sold the most. I was telling him that all but two house on our end had turned over three times sense we moved in and he said on his end it was a least twice. After talking he says that we have been living here longer than anyone else, we moved in in 1991 and were the youngest ones on the street now I am the fourth oldest guy and have been here the longest.

Funny thing is the neighbors I have the most to do with are younger than my wife's kid and he just turned 46. One neighbor will help me with things that I need a extra hand to do and I have showed him how to do some stuff around the house and things to do with cars and so on that I have learned from others. But sometimes I wonder if they are just humoring the old guy up the street with nothing better to do. Kind of weird thinking that most of your neighbors are young enough to be your kid.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Master

That "age thing" is the Voice of Experience, Life Experience, the culmination of things good and bad, opportunities taken and missed, wealth achieved, education, power, women, children, family, attempts made, failures, successes, and you only get it by living it.

"If only I knew then what I know now..." Lord, the girls in High School I would have courted! The investments I would have made! The life I would be leading today! If only...

We are limited to the dreams we have, what can be, what might have been, and what will never be on our path to the future in the number of days ahead before we rest forever.

I did "my own thing". I didn't "hear it" when I had chances. It didn't smack me in the face. I didn't take advantage of opportunities, which I look back on and wonder - if only...

I didn't purchase that idle property Dad thought would make a "good investment" for the college money I was earning while in high school, which a scant few years later sold for 10 times more than what I could have negotiated - if only...

While in the service and passing through Melbourne, AU with a couple of days to spare, I didn't spend a day to visit the well-to-do gentleman in Brisbane, Australia, a college friend of my Mom who had inquired, as she had encouraged me to do - if only...

I did gather up my courage to ask the beautiful British girl in Suva, Fiji to dance, and she said. "Yes." I am allergic to gravity. There is a God. I am not Him. These are the facts.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    My favorite way to go about it, is to say, "Kid, I've got T-shirts older than you!".
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Tee shirts, shoes, ammo ,guns that I think of as new, hammers, all kinds of power tools. neck ties....... kids.......grand kids,,,,on and on
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Not sure .....but I'm at 42,43 or 44 right now lol ......wait my wife just said I'm 43 for now !!

Boolit Master
    Here in the retirement village
    we have organ recitals.
    "How are you?"
    and they'll tell you
    the latest on their organs.
    And their dog's organs.
    And their wife's organs.
    Neighbor's organs.
    Gets quite organic.

Boolit Master
    Mostly what I heard was " Got cards in my wallet older than you". Those fellas are dead now.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    Mostly what I heard was " Got cards in my wallet older than you". Those fellas are dead now.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Someone who has been married for 50 years can give me advice on marriage. .
    I will have been married for 50 years 3/21 and will not be 70 then.

My best advise on marriage is DON"T!

Banned

At what age...?

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    My favorite way to go about it, is to say, "Kid, I've got T-shirts older than you!".
    When you were a kid, Moby Dick was just a minnow!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    No one has given me a number yet. I'd say this starts at age 70.

Someone who has been married for 50 years can give me advice on marriage.
    I don't care if they been married a hundred years, they ain't married to MY WIFE!
    That immediately negates their wisdom. Fun statement to get 'em wound up is my Dad's--Was I born first or married first?
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast