Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Another Thought - Monday Sept. 28

Another Thought - Monday Sept. 28

Monday, September 28, 2020 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    But God . . .

“But God is my helper.”
    —Psalm 54:4

Have you ever looked up the phrase “but God” in the Bible? You’ll find it in a lot of interesting situations where God intervened.

Take the story of Noah, for example. I wonder if he started to lose hope as he and his family bobbed around in that ark with all those animals after the Flood. Genesis 8:1 tells us, “But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and livestock with him in the boat. He sent a wind to blow across the earth, and the floodwaters began to recede” (NLT, emphasis added).

Then we have the story of Joseph. His brothers sold him into slavery and thought he was dead. Yet God preserved him. He elevated Joseph to a position of great power in which he was in charge of the food supply.

When a famine struck, his brothers appeared before him one day, asking for food. Joseph said to them, “You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people” (Genesis 50:20 NLT, emphasis added).

The nation of Israel faced the Red Sea—an insurmountable obstacle—with the Egyptian army in hot pursuit. But God intervened. And what looked like a hopeless situation became a time of glorious deliverance.

The Bible tells us, “But the people of Israel had walked through the middle of the sea on dry ground, as the water stood up like a wall on both sides” (Exodus 14:29 NLT).

The lives of Noah, Joseph, and the Israelites remind us that “with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26 NKJV).

Maybe, like them, you’re in a place where the only way out is God. You can be sure of this: God is bigger than your problem. And God will always have the last word.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, But God has been my all in all in every situation I find myself in!

Boolit Buddy
    Amen!

Amen, and when there was no other way he has lifted and carried me.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    'But GOD'...Great post ! I never put that one in prospective before , 'But' I'm thinking about it now . Dang Pine Baron ! I think you put me on a new bible study !
    Thank you !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

When amidst trials and challenges, it's awfully easy to forget that the Lord is there, but He always is, and He'll never leave us. If we kept this always in mind, it would surely change our lives and in particular, our outlook. Faith. It heals sometimes when nothing else can.