WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Clean or Size First?

Boolit Grand Master

I clean before sizing, this is normally a short trip thru the polisher with older media to remove dust dirt from the range and firing residues. cases ae then rolled in a damp towel to remove dust from media. I then Lube and size then polish both to brighten cases and remove lube. A lot of my shooting has been black powder cartridges the cases are wet when I get home, a few rinses deprime and polish. clean inside with a nylon brush and prime

I always clean my cases before sizing. It's easier on everything (brass & dies). I'm blessed with tumblers and can go simple, or what some would consider overkill.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Bub
    I reload in the living room so I need to keep crud and dust outside. First thing I do is deprime in the garage with a universal decapping die in a JR3 that is dedicated to that purpose and stays outside (just a dirty process). Second, they go into a rock polisher with water and soap to get all the dirt/crud out, I don't use pins, not worried about shiny brass, just clean. Makes the rest of the sizing and loading process clean and something I feel comfortable bringing in the house.

Boolit Grand Master
    Wipe rifle cases clean at the range with Ed's Red.
    Then they get sized, the necks brushed, trimmed if needed, neck's expanded, primer pockets cleaned, and polished.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234