WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Looks like Ruger is getting the Marlin line. And others are getting more.

Boolit Master

Looks like Ruger is getting the Marlin line. And others are getting more.

One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Moderator Emeritus

Glad to see Ruger got Marlin. Hopefully they will take care of her.

Boolit Master
    Looks like Roundhill Group LLC got all the other non-Marlin firearms. I wonder who that is?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Glad to see that Ruger ended up with Marlin as well. Hopefully they will stand back and take a good hard look at quality and workmanship and do the line the justice it deserves. Hate to see any old and established company go under, but more than one has been put out of business by the bean counters and poor management. The ones I feel bad for are those men and women who have worked for years on the line, who have had to put up with management changes and poor decisions that has cost them their jobs. Hopefully Ruger will pick some of them up and in the long run, create more American jobs.

Think of that when you vote in November . . . there is only one clear choice . . . the other choice will abolish the 2nd Amendment and it turn, there will be no more firearm manufacturers.

Boolit Master
    it seems ever since Ruger came about with unique designs and quality built products and to me it appeared when they came out with the sr556 the company had made wise decisions and willing to expand into areas other had dominated. glad to see marlin will continue to be a made in USA company but also hope that Ruger made marlins don't destroy the value of my old JM's. I gotta believe it will give Henry real competition and maybe just maybe they will bring back the 96's

Boolit Grand Master

I wonder if the name on the legal docs just change hands or if there will be a huge market change, employee change, location change like when the first Remlins were produced. What a disaster that was. And just when their act was getting together.........hope this is for the better and not a detriment.

Boolit Grand Master

There is a Remington ammunition plant about 20 miles up the road from me. They are one of the biggest employers in the area and one of the better places to work. Or they were. I know several people that work there. Local rumors said they would close at the end of this month if they didn't have a buyer. I hope they find one. It looks promising!

They have had their problems. Some of the guys that I know talk about their equipment being old, like WW2 vintages old. And they need a sales force for another thing. They get some large contracts from LE and other places but you don't see their ammo for sale anyplace around here in the stores.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    I wonder if the name on the legal docs just change hands or if there will be a huge market change, employee change, location change like when the first Remlins were produced. What a disaster that was. And just when their act was getting together.........hope this is for the better and not a detriment.
    Most likely a large change unless the Marlins were being produced in their own factory. If they were being produced along w/ other products there is no way to keep that going. W/out details of the deal Ruger may have acquired the name and intellectual property only. That would mean no physical assets like tooling. Time will tell how this work out for consumers. It appears my first, very small run Remington 1894C just became a collectible. They didn’t make them for years after that batch.

Boolit Grand Master

It looks like H&R was bought by JJE Capitol Holdings. I'm not sure what exactly that means. Hopefully they have a manufacturer that will begin making the handi rifles, and shotguns again. Henry had the chance to steal the market, and they blew it by not making the barrels interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
    Looks like Roundhill Group LLC got all the other non-Marlin firearms. I wonder who that is?
    I'd like to know who they are also. Couldn't find any good info on the interweb. Google-Fu is weak in this one.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it! I disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death! When people fear the government it is tyranny, when government fears the people it is Liberty!

Boolit Buddy
    I tried to look up Roundhill Group LLC and I found a financial services company, an insurance company, a delivery service that operates within New York City, and a couple of others. I don't know if those are all individual outfits or if they are all interlocking. At any rate, I don't think they are an industrial company. Probably they don't know anything about firearms or industrial processes either, but they know plenty about making money. Remington's main lines may about to become toast. Either the designs for their products will be shipped off to some third world country with cheap wages, or what's left of the company will be gutted out and sold off in pieces: the machinery, the real estate, and the company name. It all depends on what they had to pay for it, and it's all about money.

Boolit Buddy
    Why is it that when these companies go belly up, it is always the fault of the "bean counters and management?"

I have seen some formerly strong manufacturing businesses move or close down after protracted labor strikes and negotiations. The union kept wanting and getting more until there was no more and the business could not survive.

Engineers have to come up with innovative designs and companies that are undercapitalized these days are in trouble. There is way more foreign competition than ever in firearms and ammo related business. When I was a kid, we never heard of a CZ, Tula, Brown Bear or any firearm made across the pond besides a shotgun.
    Last edited by Huskerguy; 09-28-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Boolit Master

Here is some info on JJE Capitol Holdings. PSA is part of them.
    https://jjech.com/portfolio-companies/
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    The best part is when there is a warranty issue you will get the gun back in a week‘s turn around time from Ruger VS three months from Remington.

I sure would like an old school h&r 410 like the first gun I owned back in 80’. I traded it off for a gun for my dad. I had a laminate 223 varmint H&R laminate stock I sold to a buddy in the mid 90’s I’d like to get back as well. He passed away at an extremely young age a few years ago. I’m guessing his relatives that don’t hunt might eventually sell it back to my with a couple of my other guns I pawned off to him decades ago. I had a laminate short barrel 10 gauge with a screw in choke tube. That was a fun gun!
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-28-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Boolit Master

First rifle was an 1894C in 41 Magnum, they only made them every 5 years. Love that gun, she's not a safe queen. I have 2 handi rifles that were made some time back, sat in a LGS for many years before I finally just had to pick them up. We shall see if the handis are brought back, I think there is still a market for the single shot rifles, and interchangeable barrels.

Some years ago, Weatherby ditched CA and went to Wyoming, a good move. Ruger has of course made good products and innovative designs, hopefully they continue to do so and breathe new life into the industry. Time will tell.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!