RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Range scrap recovery,, methods?

Boolit Master
    BamaNapper, action pistol shooters can go through 30-50 thousand rounds a year in practice and match rounds. If those are 180 grain 40 caliber slugs, we're talking about up to 1200 pounds of alloy a year. In my case 3000 rounds of 147 grain 9mm a month would use up 750# a year.

Given the vagaries of the times, it seems prudent to stockpile what finances, storage space and opportunity allow, enough to keep on shooting even when there's a general shortage of reloading components. For some, one brick of primers, a coffee can of brass, a couple pounds of powder and a dozen pounds of alloy are plenty to see them through a whole year. For others that wouldn't last a month.

Boolit Blub Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang's Avatar
    I am going to be making something like this:

because I get sore quickly sifting compost for the garden with a framed screen. If you search for trommel compost sifter they are pretty simple to put together. I bet you could get through a berm pretty fast with one of these.

Boolit Master
    Now I really like that idea.
    A garden compost sifter,, motorized,, while sorting dirt,, it actually catches the lead as well.
    That idea has merit,, especially since I already have much of the "stuff" to build one.

THANKS!!!!!

Boolit Mold
    Yep me and casting buddy got the same hardware wire frames built good sized got my front end loader got a load dumped on frames got 2x4 blocks and gloves and rubbed all dirt we could off dumped lead in buckets and got another load and did it again we are now casting 9mm and 45acp and shooting some we powder coated them also they work good we put the dirt back that we sifted out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123