WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Show in Salina, Kansas

Banned

Gun Show in Salina, Kansas

Went today and there's quite a bit of reloading components for a show that small, including primers and I didn't see any real price gouging going on. One guy selling primers for $45 a thousand, had a lot.

If you're local to it, it's a nice little show, lots of old stuff.

Boolit Master
    that sounds good. local to me on arms list sm primers $150/1000

Banned

It's not in the Bicentennial center anymore, one of the buildings on the fairgrounds there.

Boolit Master

Salina, home of Bob Dole, right? Got a speeding ticket on the interstate ther for doing 70 mph in 1979. You see could see 50 miles in either direction. But Salina's finest needed some revenue I guess. Was headed to Greely CO duck and pheasant hunting.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Banned

Turns out there was one in downtown Wichita this weekend as well. I probably should have gone to that one.

Vendor Sponsor

Salina has a town motto: Come on vacation, leave on probation.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Actually Bob Dole was born in Russell, KS., population 4,463.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Grand Master
    Glad to hear shows still going on in some places.
    Ours got canceled by the city.
    They cancel our show, but allow marches.
    Go figure.
    Even if we did have it, I'm not sure I would have had my tables.
    Can't have a mask on for more than a short time.
    It gives me a pounding headache.

Boolit Buddy
    I live in Salina but had to be out of town so missed the show. Things were different last year but I picked up several reloading items at very reasonable prices.

This coming weekend is Herrington (45 minutes), Topeka (1.75 hours) and Hastings, NE (3.5 hours). Never been to Topeka or Herrington but have made the Hastings show many times.

Banned

The Herrington show is one of my favorites. Haven't been to the Topeka one in a while, but used to fairly often.

Thanks for the tip about Herrington, I hadn't heard about it. It's pretty much the same show as the one in Abilene, most of the same folks.

Boolit Buddy
    We quit going to Abilene a couple years ago. Talked to a guy I had never met who was talking about Herrington. He thought having the Topeka show the same weekend might hurt Herrington. I just want to go to one that actually has some firearms and related items.

How was the attendance, and what availability and prices of 223 or 22lr?
    I wanted to go, but am a little leary of wandering for hours elbow to elbow with my health issues.

Banned

Didn't preice any .223. Several had .22 LR, the one that I remember had bricks of the Aguila ammo for $40.

It wasn't all that crowded and everybody was wearing masks. At this point, I'm not all that worried about it anymore.

Thank you for the insight. That price for the aguila was not out of line.
    Last shows I have attended in Wichita and KC before the china crap were too crowded to enjoy, and really get to see it all. Figured with the panic it would be worse.

I went to the little one in bentonville AR last weekend. a couple of vendors had a few boxes of 223, and some other rifle ammo, but even that was way overpriced. Actually a couple of new gun sellers with prices from 20 to 50 percent OVER retail. good number of ARs, none selling. Heck one guy had a Walther ppx that was discontinued 3 yrs ago at double the original price. Lota of knives and a bunch of junk. Waste of money and time going....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Banned

The little show in Herrington this weekend isn't as good as it usually is, but glad I went anyway. There was a surpising amount of reloading equipment and bullets. A few guys had some powder, didn't see many primers.. I picked up a few little odds and ends, the big treasure of the day being an adapter for 310 style dies to a 7/8x14 which still had the spout from a Lyman 55 in it. That was something I actually needed along with a coupld of other things to get a Lyman All American turret press up and running someday. It cost a dollar.

I always like that Herrington show, it has more of a small town community flavor than most. The Ladies hospital auxillary always runs concessions and it's way better than gun show fare usually is and the local scout troop is always there raffling off a .22 rifle. Nice folks.

Boolit Buddy
    I ended up at Herington. It was very small,.not much covid safety going on. Some ammo, 223 was minimal and what little I saw priced was $1.00 a round for 62 grain free tip. Not much else, wife spent more than me, it was a nice drive over there anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerguy View Post
    I ended up at Herington. It was very small,.not much covid safety going on. Some ammo, 223 was minimal and what little I saw priced was $1.00 a round for 62 grain free tip. Not much else, wife spent more than me, it was a nice drive over there anyway.
    There weren't as many vendors as usual. I never buy factory ammo, so wasn't even looking. I did get some 230 grain FMJs (yeah, I know, jacketed in .45 ACP?) but I kind of wanted to make some GI ball equivalent loads up.

I like little gun shows with people who have eclectic collections of stuff. The only guns that really interested me was a guy who had a Savage 340 in .225 Winchester with dies and brass. Always a fan of the 340 and I've only ever seen one other in .225. Another had an old Savage pump 12 gauge someone had modifed with a high comb and vent rib that would have been neat to play with at the range, but I have too many things like that which aren't getting shot much now.

I also found a big package of sight aperture inserts for small bore rifle front sights. I really hope they fit the Crossmans my students shoot in case I need thm, but they were real cheap so not matter if they don't.

All in all, I'd call it worthwhile, but I've only ever been to one gun show in my life I felt wasn't worth the cost of admission, so take my opinion for what it's worth. I love gun shows.

Boolit Master

there is one just north of whicita this coming weekend. visiting the in-laws so hopefully I can sneak away and see it, just need some hollow point factory 9mm for the kid, I gave her several thousand rounds of reload to practice with but want her to have factory when she carries.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    there is one just north of whicita this coming weekend. visiting the in-laws so hopefully I can sneak away and see it, just need some hollow point factory 9mm for the kid, I gave her several thousand rounds of reload to practice with but want her to have factory when she carries.
    That would be the Chisholm Trail show at Hartman Arena? That used to be the second best show to hit outside of Tulsa but when they had to move to Hartman it has been generally disappointing and much smaller but they are now charging $12 instead of $10.

I don't buy factory ammo as well, someone had asked about prices at Herington. I too look for reloading supplies and did see a couple of nice H&R's. Other than that, not much I was interested in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast