Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Another Thought - Friday September 25

Another Thought - Friday September 25

Friday, September 25, 2020 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Keep Your Eyes on the Prize

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
    —2 Timothy 4:7

In the Greek games, a judge would stand at the finish line holding laurel leaves in plain sight. This was the reward given to the victor. As the runner came around that last stretch, feeling exhausted and unable to go another inch, he would catch a glimpse of the prize in the judge’s hands. And then a new burst of energy would kick in.

That is the picture we find in Hebrews 12:1–2. “Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith” (NKJV).

Looking unto Jesus. . . . This keeps us going. We can get discouraged in the spiritual race. People let us down. They disappoint us. They don’t appreciate our hard work. They don’t see our efforts. They don’t see our real motives. They criticize us. But we say, “I’m not running for you. I’m running for the Lord, and I’ll keep going.”

We have to keep our eyes on Jesus Christ. Our prize is the crown of righteousness that He will give to us. That is why we live the Christian life. That is why we try to reach people for Him. It is not for applause. It isn’t for notoriety. It is so we can hear Jesus say to us on that final day, “Well done, good and faithful servant!”

If this were your last day on Earth, would you be able to say with the apostle Paul, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7 NKJV)? Would you have any regrets?

5 years ago I accepted that it was my last day on earth. God spoke to me and said He wasn't done with me yet...every day is a blessing...so no regrets.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Thanks for this, Pine Baron.

10 years ago I was terribly sick. They never really pinned it down, but eventually decided that it might be very advanced Lyme Disease. I went to bed one night and knew I wouldn't wake up in the morning. I prayed and pointed out to God that he gave Ahab another 7 years, and I asked for the same. I woke up in the middle of the night just as wet as if I'd climbed out of a swimming pool. All I could do was towel off, and I was the same way in the morning. So far I've been given another 10 years, and feel like I might be good for a few more. Now, I feel like I can go without regrets. All I can say is that I'm just ready, and am so grateful for the additional time I was given. I personally experienced/was given a miracle.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Enjoyed reading it . lots of good thoughts to work on .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Good stuff!! Thanks Baron !
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Thanks guys, I'm ready if he wants me. I've been given additional time also and it has just been a blessing.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

Amen!