MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 22 autos

Boolit Buddy
    if I had a mk2 gov target, and liked to squirrel hunt, I'd look no farther. Straffing a squirrel off of a limb with a pistol is worth learning to do.

After some research this fall I purchased a Savage A22 from Cabella's. My version came with a Bushnell 3x9 scope mounted on it. No iron sights. After sighting in the rifle, the gun has proven to be very accurate. AT 25 yards the first hole just widens to a quarte size. The gun is obviously more capable then I am. With our winter conditions up here (rain and snow) mostly, I find it difficult to attempt to wring out accurate shots when your fingers are numb. As of now though I think it is fair to say the gun is a shooter. If the OP is still looking for a rifle the A22 deserves a look.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

Personal preference, but I hate stopping to load. That is why I buy 22s that take removable magazines. Specifically, I buy Rugers because I have a bunch of magazines. 3 different rifles, all use the same magazines.

I looked at CZ when I bought my last bolt gun. Then I looked at extra magazine cost. Total turn off. Not remotely worth the asking price for a 22 magazine for me.

Good points again. I'm draggin my feet, and Christmas is soon lol. The Tikka looks pretty awesome, cost is up compared to others, and I like the different CZ's too. But the Tikka is tack driving and has some nice features also that you can use as the kids grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajohns View Post
    Good points again. I'm draggin my feet, and Christmas is soon lol. The Tikka looks pretty awesome, cost is up compared to others, and I like the different CZ's too. But the Tikka is tack driving and has some nice features also that you can use as the kids grow.
    Both rifles are excellent. Aside from accuracy the guns are extremely well-made and will last your sons and daughters their lifetimes and then some.

Take care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master
    if you can afford it get a volquartsen or a magnum research and you will never have to worry about your semi auto 22 not being accurate.

Boolit Mold
    Does this post include semi auto hand guns? I have a s and w victory with target trigger and recoil reducer on the front. Also the loop on the back for lazy man cocking. This gun is a dream gun and so accurate its every persons dream gun. It i believe is better than the high standard super matic trophy i had years ago or at least as good. .22 rim fire is fun fun fun. By the way I’m doing this reply from one of those new touch type computers. It changes my words as it doesn’t like some of mine. If it wasn’t a gift from my sister i would throw it in the garbage can. I wish it was alive so i could smack it a good one.

It should. I am looking for exactly that gun right now to use it in Rimfire Challenge Matches up here. It is a growing sport.

Take Care

Bob

I wouldn't say handguns don't apply. Though I was first asking about auto rifles. Then it went to bolts or single shots. Because of my son and the firearm training he will receive in a couple years, they don't allow semi auto anything for their final shooting test. But, this is just an informative thread. I can decipher what points I can use and what not.

All pros and cons are welcome to myself anyway. I haven't been able to purchase anything yet, so I'm still soaking all the info in that I can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123