RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading manuals for cast boolits

http://marvinstuart.com/firearm/Manu...-%20Reduce.pdf

http://marvinstuart.com/firearm/Manu...%20-%20ocr.pdf

Lee manual is okay for reference but it doesn't cover his bullets at all.

One thing I do, is research online, particularly here, and record anything of interest on a sheet of paper. I include the name of the person who suggested the data and forum. For example, Larry Gibson tests a lot of loads and offers the results here.

I prefer a hard copy for everything. I may come on the forum and talk reloading but I'm old school.

Boolit Master

The only thing it put in my downloads folder was the executable file to repeat the download. I don't need 2 of those floating around somewhere in this darn computer. Thanks anyway. I've got the hard copy.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

I started buying old Reloading manuals when I was back in H. S. in the late 1960's.
    Have most from Post WW2. Back in the true glory days of the Gun Show.

Great reference material. The Old-Timers knew a lot more the we do today.

Old stuff is always worth knowing.
    Cause you'll never know when it will come in handy.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    The only thing it put in my downloads folder was the executable file to repeat the download. I don't need 2 of those floating around somewhere in this darn computer. Thanks anyway. I've got the hard copy.
    You control where it goes on your computer. It’s kind of hard for others to help since we don’t know what folder you selected.

Boolit Master
    One of the reasons that I use a lot of Accurate powders, is that they put out a printed reloading manual that actually has cast bullet data, in addition to jacketed.

Winelover

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have the experience a lot of guys here do but...

With no exact data for my molds I look for any load data for a similar profile bullet (with similar full diameter area). Then I use that COAL to find the seating depth called out in the load. I then calculate the COAL where my bullet would have the same seating depth and start at minimum charge.

I try to use old manuals only for reference as newer manuals have much better quality data - new data may be much more conservative but I don't have to worry about formulation changes making a load unsafe. I can always go up a tenth of a grain next time but it's hard to put the parts of your hand back together and drop a few tenths.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Gmdr.com has Oregon Trail cast data. I personally prefer Lyman's 2nd edition cast bullet manual. I don't worry about brands. The data seems to work with any cast bullet of equal or less weight. For non-magnum handguns I use regular jacketed data. For the magnums I use cast data from my Speer manuals, powder manufacturer websites, or the data from my Lyman 49.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Buddy
    Seems like it is not a huge deal as long as I work up my loads. That is what I assumed based on jackets rounds with no data. I just like to have the info if available.

I started off use the Lyman 3 ed to casting and it have alot of info on it that the others do not. I got the reprinted of 1 and 2 and got the 4th when it came out , I too rather have the hard copy on hand. I have some of the other manuals not many. As for the Lee molds I go by what is close to what is on the Lyman and start low and work it up for what the gun says. You read the fine print on the start of the data of the cartridge it says what the rounds was tested in. Mainly not what you will be usen. Just wanted to let some know it is a guide and start low.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12