MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to stop ALL unwanted calls on your cell phone for FREE

Boolit Master

I now answer telemarketer calls with “Se habla Espanol?” which is Spanish for “Do you speak Spanish.” No matter what they say, I just repeat it. They usually hang up quickly. I have gotten an apology that they don’t have anyone that speaks Spanish to help me.
    If they leave me alone that is fine. If they decide to hire bilingual workers that is also fine. More costs makes the cost:benefit ratio more likely to discourage them.

Boolit Buddy

Answer with, “Go ahead caller! You’re live and on the air!”
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I got rid of my land line, because the only calls I ever got on it was someone trying to sell me something.

Boolit Grand Master

Will ths work if they are using a dummy local number? This is what we get here most often.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    Will ths work if they are using a dummy local number? This is what we get here most often.
    As long as that number is NOT someone in your phone registry call book (list of people you know in your phone), it will not ring, not show up live, and will go directly to VM where they can, if they want leave you a message. It makes no difference if they are using a dummy or spoofed phone number. It works on ALL unknown callers.

banger

Boolit Master
    Here on the border, if you answer your phone "Buenos Dias" the optimist will start a mile a minute Espanol rant. When I moved to Tucson, the Cox cable guy plugged in the land line and it rang, I didn't even know the phone number yet. So I plugged it into the fax machine, let them talk to that.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I keep blocking the number and they call on a new one.

CW
    don't bother. When they're VOX spoofing they use your area code, the next 3 digits of your locality and then 4 random numbers. That way it looks like someone from your town is calling you.

Since the number you're blocking is entirely fictitious you're just wasting time trying to block it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    don't bother. Since the number you're blocking is entirely fictitious you're just wasting time trying to block it.
    That is the beauty of my system. Not in your known phone book..............does not ring and goes directly to VM (if they wish to leave one).
    They can call on each & ever iteration of "xxx-yyy-zzzz" and if that number is not know to your phone book in your smartphone, it will not ring! Simple as that. No annoying rings. And you don't need to use your limited limited space "blocked number" register at all. Save that for people you DO KNOW and REALLY don't want to talk to, like the in-laws!!!!!!!!

I use Bangerjim's settings from 10 pm to 6 am. Have ever since I retired. Never get a call in the night. I use a second number for my business line and it is the one that gets a pile of spam calls. I do let a lot of calls go to VM as I'm busy, and i don't call back many that don't leave a message. You called ME, leave me a damn short message. I will call you back. otherwise it probably is spam. I tried blocking, but it doesn't really slow things down. They use random numbers, many local to call. And where I'm at, there are at least 10 area codes that are common, along with those that move here and NEVER get a new number, such as myself with a MS area code from 12 Yrs ago

I have mine off 8 to 8 and get no rings friend or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12