Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to stop ALL unwanted calls on your cell phone for FREE

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.

How to stop ALL unwanted calls on your cell phone for FREE

You can go into your cell phone settings and set the "do not disturb" time from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM and only calls from people in your call register/phone book will ring thru to you. All else goes directly to VM. My cell phone rings are now from the people I know.................ONLY!

I did this to my iPhone and the wife's iPhone and now my cell phone only rings when it is someone I MIGHT (emphasize know them) to. Most BS calls don't even leave a VM.

This is a FREE thing already in your phone. You do NOT need to pay a fee for an app that blocks calls!!!!!!!

This is really handy during this vicious political season!

As my cell phone usually sits on my desk were I am NOT, I don't care.
    Whatever!

Just drop it in the toilet, it won't ring anymore.

Boolit Master
    One thing to consider. My wife will not answer a call from an unknown number. I had stopped for gas on morning going to work, I always leave the keys in the ignition and doors unlocked. I live in the country, everyone does the same. Well the dang car locked when I shut the door, switch had gone bad( I HATE electronically stuff!). I had to call her from the gas stations land line, 15 consecutive times to get her to answer her dang phone! If it didn’t ring she would not know for hours. I hate VM, it is not allowed on my phone. I answer when it rings, if I hear it. If it’s junk I hang up, works for me. I have several family members and people I care about that might call from an unknown number. I don’t want to wait till I get an urge to check VM to find out I’m needed. VM is way more aggravation to me than just saying hello. YMMV

When you religiously just hang up they finally quit calling, I have no need to engage with them. I get no political calls, at all. I hang up on one and all!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master

Sure, it might not ring, but you still get the notification. It doesn't stop texts either, which are most of the problem. I've had the same phone number for over 10 years, but I'm considering changing it just to stop them. It's so annoying, I can't get calls or texts at work, as our concrete building has no reception. As soon as I step outside, I'm flooded with half a dozen missed calls, and 30 texts. I used to go through and block all the numbers, but it doesn't help. I just ignore the emails. It had eased up over summer, but they are getting really bad again as we near November.

The problem is, they aren't robocalls, or mass texts, or anything like that. Those were outlawed as far as I know. Now they are using some kind of proxy phone number to get by the blocks. The same person could be texting me 30 times, and it could be showing up as 30 different numbers. I'm not sure how you stop that. If I ever found a person who was in on such scams, I would be hard pressed not to throw them through a window.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Sure, it might not ring, but you still get the notification. It doesn't stop texts either, which are most of the problem. I've had the same phone number for over 10 years, but I'm considering changing it just to stop them. It's so annoying, I can't get calls or texts at work, as our concrete building has no reception. As soon as I step outside, I'm flooded with half a dozen missed calls, and 30 texts. I used to go through and block all the numbers, but it doesn't help. I just ignore the emails. It had eased up over summer, but they are getting really bad again as we near November.

The problem is, they aren't robocalls, or mass texts, or anything like that. Those were outlawed as far as I know. Now they are using some kind of proxy phone number to get by the blocks. The same person could be texting me 30 times, and it could be showing up as 30 different numbers. I'm not sure how you stop that. If I ever found a person who was in on such scams, I would be hard pressed not to throw them through a window.
    I am not very up to date on such, but I think those are called "spoof" calls. I have caller ID on my office land line, and awhile back the phone rang and it showed to be from the accountant next door. So I answered it and it was a robo call stating they were terribly concerned about the warranty on my vehicle running out. Since I drive a 97 T-100 somehow I determined that it was actually a thief call.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't answer my phone and have the ringer down. Whoever calls can wait for me to call them back. If I don't know the number I spam it
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    So many say they "spam' it or "block" it. There is a finite number of numbers you can store that way. After that they all come thru anyway. And these clowns change the number each time so storing it as a blocked number is a waste of time!!!!!

Even if you don't have your phone on you at the time, you will never be bugged by BS calls again. Very few leave VM's. And they do NOT show up on your phone in "notifications"......if you know how to set up your phone right in the 1st place.

My way eliminates ALL non-know phones............................Forever! FOR FREE.

Try it .......you WILL thank me later.

I remember as a young man I made sure to keep two dimes tucked in my wallet in case I needed to use a payphone in an emergency.

Now I pay about $50 a month so I can get to carry a phone its illegal for me to use while driving from the house, where I have a phone, to my job, where I have a phone.

And, when I'm out, I can watch family stare down at their phones as opposed to engaging each other.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Grand Master

Doesn’t work for me because I need to receive calls from people not in my contact list. And unfortunately it’s from people across the globe. If I don’t recognize the number I don’t answer. Someone that wants to get ahold of me will leave a voicemail. It’s really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Four-Sixty View Post
    I remember as a young man I made sure to keep two dimes tucked in my wallet in case I needed to use a payphone in an emergency.

Now I pay about $50 a month so I can get to carry a phone its illegal for me to use while driving from the house, where I have a phone, to my job, where I have a phone.

And, when I'm out, I can watch family stare down at their phones as opposed to engaging each other.
    I try to tell ya, my ways better!

Boolit Master

I register all of the phone with the 'do not call registry' which is supposed to be good for 2 years. Maybe 2 months. I did get a call from a blocked caller. I informed them 'I get a 500 reward for you violating the 'national registry' and you get a 5000 fine.'

Wow, my number was flagged by the call center as 'do not call.' It has been many months since I got any calls. Back then, they would leave a brief message in Chinese.

Due to this lock down business, I got a call from a weird number where I know nobody. The deputy attorney general apologized for calling from his house because he was working from home. I had to do a responsive declaration on a case from before I retired.

Last time I retired, I was getting sued 5 years after I retired! Yesterday makes 3 years since I retired again, I think I'm in the clear finally. The only good thing was going to federal court on the state's dime. Last time, I found a Chinese restaurant where the Chinese go to eat, place is always awesome.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    One thing to consider. My wife will not answer a call from an unknown number. I had stopped for gas on morning going to work, I always leave the keys in the ignition and doors unlocked. I live in the country, everyone does the same. Well the dang car locked when I shut the door, switch had gone bad( I HATE electronically stuff!). I had to call her from the gas stations land line, 15 consecutive times to get her to answer her dang phone! If it didn’t ring she would not know for hours. I hate VM, it is not allowed on my phone. I answer when it rings, if I hear it. If it’s junk I hang up, works for me. I have several family members and people I care about that might call from an unknown number. I don’t want to wait till I get an urge to check VM to find out I’m needed. VM is way more aggravation to me than just saying hello. YMMV

When you religiously just hang up they finally quit calling, I have no need to engage with them. I get no political calls, at all. I hang up on one and all!
    This - my son got into an car accident and his phone wasn't working. Phone call came from the second car in the accordian (my son was car 3 of 4 from a no stop texting rearend).

Google does a pretty good job of recognizing spam calls so it's bearable to answer unknown numbers (my work VM gives my cell for immediate issues - AKA boss would be pissed if I missed it calls)

I've always said that the cell-phone was one of the greatest & worst thing ever invented.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Master

I REALLY dislike these flippin car warranty calls!!

GRR. My truck is a '05! They tell ya that your war is about to expire. When ya answer they ask for the make model of the vehicle! I say.. You tell me sweetheart YOU CALLED ME! Thy usually hand up. Grr

I keep blocking the number and they call on a new one.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master
    I like screwing with them when they call
    Miller's meat market,you stab em' we slab em'
    then I just hang up
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Just drop it in the toilet, it won't ring anymore.
    Every phone ive owned for the past 5 years or so has been water proof.
    I tested it with my first one, watched a movie while the phone was in a glass of water.

Dont forget to flush.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Doesn’t work for me because I need to receive calls from people not in my contact list. And unfortunately it’s from people across the globe. If I don’t recognize the number I don’t answer. Someone that wants to get ahold of me will leave a voicemail. It’s really that simple.
    That is EXACTLY how my FREE system described above works! I too receive calls from unknown customers and they all go to VM without ringing and bothering me. I then go thru them and dump all the garbage. Most solicitation calls do NOT ever leave messages. Customer that really want to talk to me leave VM's! You then put them in your phone book so they will come thru at a later date.

banger

Boolit Buddy

been using this for a year. Only problem is, the VA always calls from different numbers. But they leave a voicemail
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Boolit Master
    I might be the only one in the world like this, but I kinda doubt it. If I call a business or vendor to buy something and don’t get a real human being by the second try, I figure they don’t need my business. No, I don’t leave VM, I hang up and try again later. Guess different areas are different, but I generally get a human to talk to around here.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast