Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOE and shipping cost...

Boolit Master

NOE and shipping cost...

I do not understand this... 1 bushing and 2 pushrods, usps shipping is $11.75? Would fit the smallest padded envelope, internal handling fee that is hidden in postage? Shipping is within the US, nothing special. Forgot to add, one month ago... similar order shipped for $7.65.

Updated... corrected by Al. Check your shipping prices, sometimes the site gets it wrong when querying the USPS site.
    Last edited by mattw; 09-22-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Boolit Master

Matt...

Ordered (3) bushings yesterday...received shipping confirmation & tracking info this morning...$7.65 (USPS).

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Buddy
    I once ordered for a customer a number of items from Midway when I was gunsmithing. I specified most economical shipping. They canceled every item ordered except one, a couple hundred dollars worth. They shipped that one 99 cent AR gas tube pin priority for over $9. I complained to no avail

Boolit Master

Al is aware that sometimes there is an error between the website and USPS, I guess I am saying check you shipping price and if it seems wrong give him a call.

Boolit Grand Master
    Like "Parson", I ordered some stuff from a wholesaler. Came in two packages. parts plus 5 bottles of LLA in one package and a single bottle of LLA in another. Two hazmat charges and two sepaerate shipping charges and COD fees. That 6th bottle would have easily fit in the first package.

I got hot when they told me "tough", thats the way it is. Told them then next time they pulled that, I was going to refuse the shipment and they could eat the cost and see how they like it. Told me I wouldn't be able to order from them anymore. I told them that it wasn't a threat cause I wouldn't order from them anymore. They hung up on me.

Boolit Grand Master

I ran into something similar recently with Buffalo Arms. They state 50 pounds of lead will fit in a medium flat rate shipping box. So I added 50 pounds, and shipping was something like $27. I called them, and asked why it wasn't $15 something, as that is all a medium flat rate box costs. I was told they charge a "handling fee". I'm not saying NOE does this, but it could be a factor.

Boolit Master
    thats the "caveat" shipping AND handeling

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I once had a high minimum shipping charge so I ordered extra stuff I didn’t really want, just to make it more cost effective. What I wanted wasn’t in stock, so they shipped me all the stuff I didn’t really want for the high shipping cost.

Boolit Master

I got shafted by Midway, back about 18yrs ago. Just when they started their "fair and honest shipping"
    Bought a Hornady L-N-L Reloader. S&H was $35.
    Two years later I had to send it back to Hornady for repair. Some ham-fisted BABOON(me) had forced it, broke the indexing system.
    Sent it UPS with $650 insurance.
    Cost $28
    Didn't buy from Midway until about 3yrs ago. Left a bad take in my mouth. Still don't like them.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

O got charged 15 bucks for expited shipping.

The item was delayed 3 weeks the refused to do anything about it.

They lost all of my buisness.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    as a business owner having correct shipping costs some is a make it or break it proposition. ive never had a web site but spent a bunch of years shipping thousands of packages all over the world with eBay sales and quickly found out if I didn't have the shipping cost spot on it could easily mean I would take a loss on stuff I was shipping. so I have a little understanding of it. that said I was going to order gator checks through the NOE new web site but stopped in my tracks when the shipping cost was calculated. might be something he needs to take a look at.

Boolit Master
    Who is NOE?

Only to add. If a vendor charges handling fees, I move on to someone else.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    Who is NOE?

Night Owl Express. https://noebulletmolds.com/site/

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    Who is NOE?

Currently makes some of the best moulds around and an innovative sizer system as well.

Boolit Grand Master
    That is sad to hear.
    Handling fees are wrong.
    I'm hoping it was just a mistake.
    I was hoping to order some sizer bushings from them.
    I no longer buy from midway because of the "extra" handling fee to hawaii.

Boolit Master

I to got burned a long time ago by midway , out of something I ordered cashed my check and then charged me a fee for not having enough on order as it was out of stock at their end , left a bad taste here to . Now with internet it shows and ships , but handling fee is a way to add profit on top , I figure out best bang for buck when ordering , get to checkout they try to add to much shipping I go elsewhere .

I ordered some brass from redeye reloading , brass came with 40 s&w but no 9mm I contacted and on a friday night late in evening they called to sort it out and shipped later that night outstanding customer service more then made up for fedex botching another shipment .

I have not ordered from NOE in awhile , a lot I would order is and has been out of stock , I have quite a few of his molds and they are nice but sometimes I need a little different diameter or I need a longer ogive and if it is not in stock I go elsewhere .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post

I have not ordered from NOE in awhile , a lot I would order is and has been out of stock , I have quite a few of his molds and they are nice but sometimes I need a little different diameter or I need a longer ogive and if it is not in stock I go elsewhere .
    This the same problem I have with NOE.

I like his moulds, and have several, but many times I look on his site, and what I want is Out Of Stock.

He has a wide variety listed, but probably 80% are OOS.

OTOH, I really like his push-through sizing system. Once obtaining the body, the various sizes are relatively inexpensive.

Boolit Master

I could not agree more about the sizing system. It is the best I have found, use them in my Star and my Lee APP.

Boolit Master
    When a consumer is buying a product,, they should look at the TOTAL cost to see if they really want an item.
    When I go to a store,, I expect to pay tax,, so I add that to the cost.
    When I buy at an auction, I expect to pay a buyers premium, and tax. I bid accordingly.
    When I buy online,, I look at shipping & handling fees. I add that to the cost, and buy accordingly.

All businesses have to pay employees. Nobody works for free. Handling fees cover the time & materials it costs to put a package together.
    I own a small business, and I tell my customers UP FRONT, I charge a service call inspection fee. If I were to act like many in much of the "service industry" where they advertise "Free inspections" I'd have to do exactly as they do, & jack up my quotes to cover the "free" inspections where I wasn't hired. Just this morning,, I had a call from a (new) customer. He had already gotten a "free" inspection from a competitor. When I explained my fees,, and that I do not do free inspections,, but my average charges were normally LESS than the competition,, he has scheduled an inspection for Friday. And just yesterday,, I finished a job for a customer,, who had been discussing with their neighbor about identical work. (Bat removal, & home sealant.) The neighbor had spent $3500 with another company,, and the workmanship was not as good as what I did. My charges to my customer were MUCH less than that. I keep my expenses down,, and work to save my customers money.

When buying a product,,, from any company,, such as NOE, Midway, RCBS, Dillon, etc,, they have to PAY someone for the TIME it takes to put together the order, go get the item(s), put the items in a package, (and remember,, some packaging costs,, the USPS provides boxes,, but packing materials are not provided,) properly seal & label it AND take it to a PO or have it picked up.
    If they use a different shipping service such as FedEx, or UPS,, then it costs for their services too.

So while a USPS small FR box may cost $8.35 (what I paid the other day,) There was time & materials I had to put forth to mail that item.
    Does anybody who is in business or works for somebody work for free?

So the way I see it,, we have 2 choices.
    One, a business can up the cost of the products to cover "free" shipping,, or, Two, they can charge customers according to their orders a shipping & handling fee.
    We as consumers can easily study the cost of an item, ADD in a shipping & handling fee, or we can buy an item from a "free shipping" service,, and pay more.
    Otherwise,, to avoid the costs of shipping & handling,, buy directly from a brick & mortar store.

All that said,,, SOME companies use the "postage & handling" fees as a way to increase the profit margin on their products. In general,, it's much bigger companies where their overhead expenses are higher,, and to be competitive with other companies,, it's a way to "sell" an item while padding the fees to increase the profit margin.

Bill Ruger once said; "I'm in the business to make money, the guns are what we sell. Buy one wear it out, & buy another one!" (Not a direct quote,, but the gist of the conversation.) He had a picture behind his desk of a barrel overflowing with money.

Companies are in the business to make money. Business models vary,, but the end goal is profit.

Banned
    I defense of Al at NOE.

All is buried in work and website issues.

He graciously agreed to sponsor castpics and he has a forum that discusses NOE products.

He recently updated his website to stream line his sales site and incorporate the castpics and the NOE forum. apparently they ran into some problems.

I don't recall him ever charging "handling fees", that is built into the price of the item you are buying.

What it looks like to me is the website didn't process the shipping fees correctly, instead of shipping multiple items, up to a certain weight for one price (like the OP later stated) it charges more.

IF you have a problem, you can
    e-mail NOE -- noebulletmoulds@gmail.com
    or call -- 801-377-7289

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast