WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Telemarketer response

Boolit Master

Another Telemarketer response

I am so tired of telemarketers. I can't tell you how many calls I have received for extended warrantees and hotel stays in Mexico. I have not yet succeeded in getting rid of them, but I have come up with a new idea to try out!

Se habla Español?

That is all I will say over and over. It means "Do you speak Spanish?" I get quick hang ups. Who knows? Maybe it will reduce the number of calls. Even if it just gets them to hire bilingual scammers it can make their scam more expensive and less profitable. Anyone out there willing to help me with this?

Reminds me of a buddy. It wasn't a tele-marketer call, but similar.

He was just getting up to leave his desk when the phone rang, and he instinctively answered it.
    It was his boss, and he knew it would be something that'd keep him there.

When the caller asked for him, he said, "No know,,,,, me sweep".

///

Years ago, when answering machines had those little tape cartridges:
    I had one of my buddies in 'da hood set up my outgoing message tape.

He took it home, with a couple of little kids in the back ground, he did it with his best ghetto voice-
    "Ahh, dis be da Jonese's res--ee--dence, we ain't here ride now.
    You kids be quiet,,,, I'm trying to do dis. Leave yo name an a numma, and we call you back".

The salesmen who would leave a message were very few, and very far between.

///

Years ago, a friend told of a guy he knew that was a tele marketer.
    He got some tax credits or something for providing jobs to inmates in prison.
    On paper- it sounded like a great idea.

Doing sales calls, you're lucky if you get one call out of about 80 that will actually talk to you.
    After awhile of being yelled at, hang ups, etc. it gets very frustrating.

One time the guy was monitoring his callers, and one of the inmates was about at the end of his string.
    On one of his quality control, recordings he heard,
    "Don't you hang up on me!!! I know where you live"!!

That was the end of inmates in prison working for telemarketers.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 09-22-2020 at 12:58 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

hangugmal haseyo ?
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

FBI Field office, you're on a recorded line. How can I direct your call......

CLICK.....

works every time.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

I cannot tell you how many political polls I have responded to this season, but i am one of the best, most diehard liberals on the planet when I talk to them.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Just read the caller ID. If you do not know the number or it is from an area code you do not recognize, don't answer. We get 20+ bogus calls here in the office every day and use caller ID to screen them. If it is a good call, they WILL leave a VM!

You can also go into your cell phone settings and set the "do not disturb" time from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM and only calls from people in your call register/phone book will ring thru. All else go directly to VM. My cell phone rings are now from the people I know.................ONLY!

Boolit Master
    When working for the phone company I would on occasion go into a telemarketers sight. It is nothing like you envision. You may imagine men in suits sitting at desks talking on the phone but that is far from the reality. What I saw was a pig pen inhabited by men in shorts wearing flip- flops leaning back in their chair and lying thru their teeth. There were empty pizza boxes with cigarettes crushed out in them and old newspapers all over the place. Most of the calls they made were for various veterans groups, in fact that was the name of the business.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

If they answer in spanish your reply should be No habla Español!

I keep calling myself and asking if I want to extend my car warrenty. I say yes and that I have a 1963 Studebaker lark with a couple of million miles that needs engine and drive train work and a warranty would sure help. That ends the call.

Boolit Grand Master
    Actually got a call from PETA. The lady started out with all the normal blather and I just interrupted her in mid-sentence, stating that if this was another sales call for a wild game cook book, I already had enough. I waited for the response, which was mummed silence for several seconds. She hung up.

Banned

Hello Marshall Dillion ---click
    Hello BlackPowderBill- hey yea glad you called back . About that ammo order I'll need a 50K$ certified check prior to shipping.

I still say all those corporations that are here in the state who outsourced our information is the main reason we get all these calls. Xerox corp, the outfit I retired from has call centers in every country I know deep in my heart that they would sell your information to make a buck.

Boolit Master

The FBI is after my wife for social security fraud according to recent calls we get. They certainly know where we are I they want to talk to us.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post

I keep calling myself and asking if I want to extend my car warrenty. I say yes and that I have a 1963 Studebaker lark with a couple of million miles that needs engine and drive train work and a warranty would sure help. That ends the call.
    I've been doing the except it's a 71' Dodge Dart. Most hang up immediately but I had one say that she was sorry they can't cover it.

I kept waiting for the call when the fad for them was that you needed to send a money order, credit card number,
    even a gift card, or else the Police and IRS would be on the way to arrest me.

I had a empty primed case loaded in a .38 nearby.
    I'd planned to act all panicky, tell them I just didn't have the money, etc., couldn't get it, then fire the .38, and drop the phone.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    Actually got a call from PETA. The lady started out with all the normal blather and I just interrupted her in mid-sentence, stating that if this was another sales call for a wild game cook book, I already had enough. I waited for the response, which was mummed silence for several seconds. She hung up.
    “Why yes, I am a member of PETA; People Eating Tasty Animals. How did you guess? As a matter of fact, I was just getting ready to cook up and eat Lassy!”

Simularly, we used to get the Sunday afternoon holy rollers knocking at the door . First time I was truthful and talked with them. It took me the better part of an hour to be rid of them. Next Sunday same thing. This time I said I was Jewish. They didn’t know what to say and left. Same thing following week. This time I was Buddhist. Left them without answers. The fourth week I was ready and waiting. When they showed up I put on my best psycho smile and said to them,”You’re here! You’re here! We had just lit the black candles, were just chanting and praying to satan for a sacrifice, and here you are!” I don’t know why, but after that we seemed to disappear from their map, as we never got another visit again.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

One of my favorites is Hello Before we start my time is $350.00 an hour billed to the nearest half hour if you wish to continue. Usually click after that Some will start in And I interrupt them with I need contact ingot for who you are representing to send the bill for this. Here I get You dont expect to get paid do you, I answer here with your getting paid for your time arnt you.

I will tie them up as long as possible just to lower the number of contacts they can make. I do the same with people handing out fliers glance over it and Hey weve got a table at work for fliers can I have some to put on it. Time and materials cost them money. The more I can use up the better

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post

I tell them a 1946 Willys jeep, I ain't ever going to get on the road again without an extended warranty! CLICK!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    The FBI is after my wife for social security fraud according to recent calls we get. They certainly know where we are I they want to talk to us.
    I got that one also. Funny how they were absolutely just off the boat from India with that thiiiiiick accent. I told them they were welcome to come over to the house, we’d have them for dinner ........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    I've gotten calls where they spoofed my phone number, It's weird seeing a call coming from the number that's ringing.

Having spent many years in asia I answer in an asian language and they always hang up

Boolit Master
    Free trip to Mexico! Is it all expense paid? Or do I have to pay for my own hookers and drugs?
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    For some funny reason I just found out why they always call at suppertime. That's when the wife pics up the phone. So by now at least she is at home. I usually say something like "Police dept this is a crime scene" and they all hang up. Frank

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast