Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Telemarketer response

Boolit Master
    Throw some Norwegian at them!

Snuka Norske? = Speak Norwegian?

Are do Norske? = Are you Norwegian?

Tuk fo mat (ah sound for the “a”) = thanks for food

Munga tusan tuk = Many thousand thanks

At least I am close if not dead on! You’d frazzle them anyway!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

We have a phone with answering machine, caller ID and memory that holds the last 100 calls. About 15 years ago I did an in depth study of calls received. 4% in the people we want to talk to camp, the rest all spam. That's it. If we recognize the name on the screen, we answer. Otherwise, talk to the machine. No apologies, and no regrets.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master

I need to get one of those compressed air horns to keep by the phone.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Most of what comes here are recordings so you can't have fun. But if I happen to answer, and happen to get a human I have 2 different go to's. Often of course it is a robot dialer then they pickup when they see that a human not machine answered. So I always answer with just Hello, then wait for them to say something. As soon as they do;
    1. "State Police, Trooper Johnson, what is your emergency?"
    2. This one takes a little practice so you sound smooth. As soon as they answer, interrupt with "Good afternoon sir I am so glad I got you at home today my company has authorized me to offer you 75% off all new Windows Siding AND DOORS for your house,,,,

No punctuation intentional, you have to do it in one breath just like they do. The click and dead line often comes around "offer you". I had one guy ask me if I thought I was funny. Simply told him he called to sell me something so I thought I should return the favor. I actually think except for the political robot calls the # of calls has dropped. Golly do you think I have been Telemarket Blacklisted...
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Master

If the call comes from out o my area code, I simply don't answer. If the caller leaves no voice mail, that number is reported as spam, and blocked.

I have actually gotten fairly good at spotting robocalls; my phone displays the carrier; i.e. Sprint, ATT, whatever. If the carrier is Onvoy, it's a robocall.

If it's Sprint, at a certain time of day, it's a robocall.

They all get blocked.

Boolit Master
    I get a lot of calls from my area code and prefix. I guess they're trying to make me think the call is from a neighbor.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Master
    I used to get the car warranty calls from people and if I was bored I would respond with which car I have four. The response usually was either a click or any car newer than 2006 with under 150,000 miles. My response, I don't have any that new and then I'd get the click. Lately it's a robot call and I have to push 2 to be able to waste a bit of their time. My flip phone opens the line when I open it so I just close it.

Banned

Our ATT call block is full can't add any more.

The police association donations to fight for better laws,vest, equipment. Then they give an address with phone number.
    Follow that and it's Washington DC outfit with a disclaimer they don't make calls for donations

Man what a waste of time on my end.

Robo call doesn't work for att

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Years ago, when I had my woodworking/millwork shop, commercial businesses were bombarded by those wanting to sell copy paper or commercial light bulbs - a rea PIA and often numerous calls during a week. Normally, the calls came when I was right in the middle of glueing or setting up a machine to make a run. I got tired of it so one day, I answered the shop phone - it was a copy paper salesman. I let him go through his whole spiel, and then said, "I'm sorry, you need to tock to Human Resources, let me put you on hold." I then walked into my office, picked up the phone and answered "Human Resources". I let him go through his whole spiel again and then told him that he really needed to talk to "Purchseing" - I walked out into the shop, picked p the phone and answered "Puurchasing" - let him do his spiel again and then said he would need to talk to "Administration". The guy had the patience of Job. I went to the other phone and answered "Administration". He gave his spiel again, I replied . . "Nope . . not interested." He got the hint as he never called back.

Now, with computerized calls, it's just a royal PIA.

Boolit Master

Another thing thats a real PIA is number spoofing, I get people calling me saying they "missed a call from this #" but I didn't call them. I'd REALLY like to get my hands on those spoofers necks......just for a couple minutes each.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

In got one last night for a Pray-A-Thon.

As this is a work cell phone and i get ligit calls from India i have to be carefull.

But if i know its spam inhave fun.

Hello this is Pizza Hut.

Sregrent ole speaking of the 625th mp core what can i do for you.

I had a spammer call my 14 yaar olds sons line and i grabbed his phone.

Ut was the extended warrenty one.

I asked them if the would warrenty his powerwheels jeep. Then explaind to them that this number was a kids number and he doant own a car sonhiw can i extend the warrenty?

Love scerwing woth them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I was with a guy a few days ago when he got a call. He listened for a couple minutes then interrupted the caller....
    "Mam, you sound like a good looking lady. Lets talk about something interesting. I'm interested in sex". CLICK

The latest we've been getting show a XxxxCity, MI. Lots of calls from cities this month. I only answer if I'm expecting a call and these days I I don't expect too many. Kids usually text mom as I don't have a mobile phone. If I need one for a trip, I can pick up one of the prepaid ones for a month. They use the Verizon network so coverage is good.

Boolit Grand Master
    Sometimes I just put the phone down and go back to doing what I was doing.
    When I go back, the phone is just beeping.
    I can just see that idiot, after going through their junk, pissed because they know I wasn't listening.
    Other times I just keep on saying Hello??? Hello???? Hello????
    They just hang up.
    I'd be more than happy if these idiots and political calls were outlawed.

Boolit Master

I had a buddy who told a good one at work. He'd answer the phone sounding like a kid. He would then scream into the phone 'Dad!! Phone!!' 'um, dad can't come to the phone right now, he's having sex.' then 'Dad, hurry up, mom just pulled in the drive. Sorry, I gotta go, this is going to end badly.' The he would hang up.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Grand Master

If the caller does not show up in my phone book I don't answer it. If its legit they can leave a message and I'll call them back.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    If the caller does not show up in my phone book I don't answer it. If its legit they can leave a message and I'll call them back.
    This! +1

Both our landline and cell phones have provision for blocking numbers. We've received two calls this morning that showed "BLOCKED" on caller ID. My cell phone has a list of blocked #'s a mile long. I've found that being cute does nothing but encourage them to keep calling. I don't know what I will do when the cell is full.
    John
    W.TN

The biggistvissue i think is with cell phone and phone companys selling your number rs.

The next one is Never give out your real number to any giant retailet or for a pormational give away coupn dscounts etc..

They will sell those numbers and your contact info.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I'm the same way. If I don't recognize the number or its not in my contacts, I don't answer .
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Grand Master

If you do pick up don’t say anything. It won’t switch over to a live person in most cases. I usually don’t bother to pick up but sometimes it’s a number that could be our office in Texas. When it’s actually the office they’re annoyed that I don’t say hello right away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast