Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: blemished lee challenger press

Boolit Master

blemished lee challenger press

mail lady brought me a box from LEE today. in it a shiny new red lee challenger press they had listed in closeout section on the web site at 60% off original msrp.
    it sure does look perfect to me can't find anything that doesn't look right, the primer arms and arm mounting parts are in a new sealed package but on top of the box written in sharpie is says "reconditioned"

ill mount it to a bench later this week and give it a little work out and give it a review as well as I'm able

When I first started reloading I got a 3 hole Turret press that was a blemish. I believe I paid 50% of their retail price. Never did see anything wrong with that press, used it for 2-3 years before I upgraded and it worked like a charm.

Sounds like a great deal .

Reconditioned products are generally a product that has bee purchased and subsequently returned to the factory because of a defect.

At that point they can scrap it and loose all of the principal investment or repair/replace the defective component and sell it again, refurbished.

You should see no difference between a refurbished item and a new one in operation.

“Blemished” refers to a new item that has “cosmetic” damage that doesn’t effect function. Stains on brass and bullets, “scratch and dent” or “display” sales, hail damage sales etc.

Boolit Master
    Good value for your dollar!

Good on you!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    I know it's a different product, but it may apply here too. When I owned a mobile audio shop I ordered some blemished 6.5" Cerwin Vega and JBL coax speakers. The distributor had a roof leak at the warehouse. And a few thousand boxes got wet. They reboxed them in plain white boxes and sold them as blemished. The speakers were untouched. The interior packaging, was untouched. At $15.00 a pair , I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, you never know what blemish to which they're referring.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it