Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Auction Ideal #4 in 25-20

Boolit Master

Auction Ideal #4 in 25-20

Up for auction is a vintage Ideal #4 loading tool stamped 25-20 R. Specific pix can be sent as requested in a PM. I do not know how to tell if it’s for a single shot or WCF repeater, I think the R stamp may indicate repeater. The de-priming pin and scoop measure are of course missing as usual. About 50% or so if the nickel is remaining. The bullet mould blocks are a little out of square or it’s hanging up on the alignment pin, I opted to leave it as is. The sizing and seating chambers look clean and the extractor hook moves freely. If time in my schedule become available, I will attempt to cast a bullet for reference.

Starting bid price is $40. The auction will run 10 days and end on Oct 30th at noon. Buyer will pay mutually agreed upon S&H, the loader fits in a small USPS flat rate box. Preferred payment method is USPS money order.

Attachment 268085
    Attachment 268086
    Attachment 268087

Boolit Master
    The end is near...

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    This seems like a tool well worth $40 so I will bid.......... $42 !
    Mike stuck in LLama Land
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Thru default missionary5155 is the winner... shoot me a pm

your ad says the auction ends in Oct. 30 this is Sept 30 that must be a misprint

Boolit Master
    Yep I screwed up..

Stand by... in discussions with missionary5155

Boolit Grand Master

Good evening
    When I read the original post I first saw the 10 days then the "30" and never thought abought the "October". My brain saw "September".
    Post #2 reads "The end is near". That is not hard to figure out. So I bid. I won. Micro communicated with me through a PM and I wrote back. We struck a deal with shipping.
    I am stuck here in Peru (#19). So I wrote my mail gatherer yesterday to send the funds. Normally he takes 2-5 days to get to something.

So today Micro communicated with me about "some" who had an issue with this auction. So I wrote back that if my mail gatherer has not sent funds then I would retract my bid to keep the peace. Well this afternoon my mail gather wrote "It is in the works". So as I wrote Mirco this morning, "but if he has sent the funds, oh well".
    So gentleman that is how it is. It was out of control as of yesterday and through the unusual actions of my mail gatherer it was decided.
    If you do not feel this is "fare" it is my decision. This is the first time my mail gatherer has ever been this fast. Normally Saturday is his postal day. I have bought several items using his help as several sellers here can attest. I generally write I will not hear from him until Saturday.
    So there is the rest of the story. If you feel you must be upset then I am the one.... not Micro.
    Mike stuck in LLama Land
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Mike, thank you for your summary of our discussion. But the fault is still mine.

To Rick459 and others who pointed out this inconsistency and were not able to bid, I apologize and can only promise to be more careful in the future.

George

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have no dog in this fight but I really think if there are those who want to find fault . . . well . . .stand back and take a look.

metricmonkeywrench posted the original post for the unction on 9-21. In his post, he states:

"Starting bid price is $40. The auction will run 10 days and end on Oct 30th at noon."

missionary5155 was the FIRST and ONLY member to submit a bid on 9 29 - EIGHT days after the auction was posted. EIGHT DAYS . . . . . in that time, NOBODY else posted a bid. And now some are complaining?

metricmonkeywrench has freely admitted that he was in error in posting that the auction on Oct. 30th. WE ALL HAVE MADE ERRORS and I give metricmonkeywrench a lot of credit when he states he knows he put the wrong end date dpwm - but common sense dictates that the date the auction started was 9-21 and he stated it was over in 10 days - so where are the posts by those who are now upset to point out the October 30th date or to verify with metricmonkeywrench the discrepancy in the 10 days and October 30th date????

I'm sure that metricmonkeywrench would have liked a number of bids on what he was selling - but NONE were posted other than missionary5155's bid. For anyone to squabble over this is ridiculous.

Both metricmonkeywrench and missionary5155 are good members on this site. I doubt that anyone has ever put an auction up on this site with the expectation that it should be a 30 plus day auction - that makes no sense at all. metricmonkeywrench has admitted that he put the wrong month down - so what? We all make mistakes. I have done business on here with missionary5155 a number of times and Mike is a upstanding gentleman the same as metricmonkeywrench.

If someone is upset because they "missed out" on bidding on this item - well, there was 10 days to put a bid in on it. As they say,. "You snooze, you lose". Get over it as life is too short for anyone to make a "big deal" out of this.

Mods - I apologize for posting my thoughts and delete them if you must . . . but there is way to much squabbling going on at times.
    Last edited by bedbugbilly; 10-01-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Boolit Master
    Thank you Mike and Jim

Thread closed