Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: COVID lockdown strikes again.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott.M View Post
    No offense, but who cares about the Affordable Care Act when choosing one.
    True today. At the time of ACA, these were grandfathered and allowed to be considered equal to insurance. So having these plans took a ay the potential "fine" for not having insurance.

Idz is right in that you have to put this stuff on paper and see just what you need and and how much you will have coming in. Before I retired I had kept all my statements for bills, credit cards ,car and home insurance for the last few years. I averaged all the monthly bills and added 10% just to be safe and did the same for the the big yearly bills. I know about how much will go on the credit card each month, I went back several years and added up how much we put on it each month and averaged it out and found that it was about the same every month.I know how much cash we spend each week for things like food ,gas and other small things. I checked out the health care cost and with the ACA we were able to keep what we had for about what they withheld from my paycheck at work each month. I even did a tax form to see what the tax's would be like living on our pensions her SS. and some from savings and found we would have more after tax income then I had working.So I quit at the end of last year at 62 1/2 and am glad I did.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123