Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Where can I find a #17 shell adapter?

Boolit Bub

Where can I find a #17 shell adapter?

The title says it all. Does anyone have any idea where I can find a #17 shell adapter for my small 310 handles? Thanks!

Boolit Master

Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

The 310 shop is a good place to get things you need. If Rick doesn't have what you want in stock he can make them.
    If you can live with a few months of waiting.
    There are a few people on here that have a lot of 310 stuff. One of them may have a spare #17 adapter.
    They might see this thread and respond.
    I watch Ebay for 310 stuff. Most is over priced, but occasionally you can find a deal.
    A few weeks back I picked up a steel set of handles marked 250 SAV. for $50 to my door. So a not to bad a deal can be found but it can take awhile.
    The #17 is for the 30 Luger, 9 mm Luger, 38 Auto and 380 ACP. The 38 Special is very close to the same diameter. It uses a #1. If you have a #1 it won't hurt to try it. The case may be a bit sloppy in the adapter but it should work. Worth a try till you find a #17.
    Leo

Just checked Ebay and I found one. $39.99 or best offer + $5.99 S&H.
    There is a set of alloy handles with the #17 adapter listed at $129.99 + $10.99 S&H.
    I think I'd use the #1 you have.
    Leo

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 44magLeo View Post
    The 310 shop is a good place to get things you need. If Rick doesn't have what you want in stock he can make them.
    There are a few people on here that have a lot of 310 stuff. One of them may have a spare #17 adapter.
    I watch Ebay for 310 stuff. Most is over priced, but occasionally you can find a deal.
    A few weeks back I picked up a steel set of handles marked 250 SAV. for $50 to my door. So a not to bad a deal can be found but it can take awhile.
    The #17 is for the 30 Luger, 9 mm Luger, 38 Auto and 380 ACP. The 38 Special is very close to the same diameter. It uses a #1. If you have a #1 it won't hurt to try it. The case may be a bit sloppy in the adapter but it should work. Worth a try till you find a #17.
    Leo
    I emailed the 310 shop, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. I guess I'll have to call.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 44magLeo View Post
    Leo
    The #1 adapter ring works... I just can't get the expander down low enough to do anything to the case. I was thinking that maybe the #1 shell adapter was thicker than the #17?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sambeaux View Post
    The #1 adapter ring works... I just can't get the expander down low enough to do anything to the case. I was thinking that maybe the #1 shell adapter was thicker than the #17?
    Not at all. I’m guessing you’re using a set of large handles, or maybe you’ve got a set of dies for a TruLine Jr(??)

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Not at all. I’m guessing you’re using a set of large handles, or maybe you’ve got a set of dies for a TruLine Jr(??)

Froggie
    No, I'm pretty sure I have a set of small handles... I don't *THINK* I'm using TruLine Jr. dies, but I'm not really sure. How can I tell?

I'm not sure how much of a computer guy Rick is. You have to call to order so you may have to call. He's busy most of the time, so it may take a few tries to catch him not so busy.
    Leo

Boolit Master

I have never had any luck emailing Rick, if you need something your best bet is to call him.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Banned
    sambeaux, Those are short handles in your link.

Boolit Master

So I see from your flicker post that the .380 casing fits in the shell holder.
    Have you "mic'd" the diameter of the expansion plug?

Size for size will not allow for an easy fit testing by hand, but will show little to no difference when used with the handles, due to the spring back of the brass casing.

From the looks of the handles, insert and expansion die you should be able to run the casing thru the expansion process. Unless the expansion plug isn't large enough to set the brass.

Scott
    Scott