MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: We Need A New Oven Says SWMBO

Boolit Grand Master

We Need A New Oven Says SWMBO

We don't use the oven much at all during the summer preferring the grill (obtained free 10yrs ago from a friend who was chucking it. I replaced the burner tubes, welded a little and have been using the 5 burner grill since). The better half fired up the oven the other day and was most unhappy. Mr Mouse and friends had taken up residence in the insulation and if you have have smelt that heating you know how unhappy she was. Despite my telling her I could take it apart and replace the insulation it had to go. Hard to do as we got it on a dented floor model clearance for $250 10yrs ago but nothing would satisfy her so out it went.

Ordered a clearance Samsung at Lowes for about $550 which was half off and used my military discount. It was Stainless as it seems white has gone out of style for some reason. After a week it was in. They loaded it up and back home I went. First thing I noticed is that gravity seems to have increased the older I get as a 200+lb stove wasn't as easy getting off the truck and into the house by myself as it used to be. Second thing was when I took the box off it wasn't stainless, it was black. Right stove but wrong color.

Well, she is going to find that out when she gets home from work as I decided I wasn't reboxing that thing,loading it up and returning it. I spent the morning changing it over to LP and installing it.

Wish me luck!

"Why isn't the new bathroom you promised done yet?"
    " Cause you keep finding other things for me to do on my 1 day a week off"

Oh, this Samsung is twice the stove the Whirlpool was. Much better built.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Go directly to the nearest store that sells suspenders, cuz I'm sure you ain't gonna have enough behind left to hold up your britches when she's done with you. Lowe's ain't that far from the house. Corner of Capitol and 98. They sell suspenders too.

Vendor Sponsor

ROFL^^ jsizemore I couldn't help LOLing..

jonp we had gotten a GE dbl oven from CL that the girl won on Price Is Right for roughly half of it's $2700 new price, I ran some gas pipe and converted the kitchen to gas. About a year later we were sitting there getting ready to use the oven when the igniter arced out and went to welding. Fumes, smoke, lots of sparks and a very loud 60Hz hum and a few pops then it all quit. I ordered a new logic board from fleabay, new igniter, blah blah, and nothing fixed it so I dumped it on CL to the first $250 cash.

You cannot hardly buy a stove without the same basic Chinese crap board, igniter, it's all the same just a different name on the outside. I hope you got a plain one with just a clock and a light in the oven, it may last a while.

I ended up buying an American Range (yes made in USA!!!) with a piezo igniter and a convection fan the only electronics in there. I am DONE with the programmable junk.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Now after this and happy. CONTROL the rodent problem. Time between use got nothing to do with it. Get rid of the vermin before more gets destroyed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Now after this and happy. CONTROL the rodent problem. Time between use got nothing to do with it. Get rid of the vermin before more gets destroyed.
    Yep, they will move right into their new digs. Or 1/4" hardware cloth on the bottom and back. I did my washer/dryer that way before I rebuilt.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

No mice allowed.

They can have fumes or something in their poop that if it gets in the air as dust and ya breath some of it---- you die.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

We try to keep the mice under control. Poison, traps etc but I'm surrounded by soybean fields. When tobacco is in they are not bad, when soybeans or fallow like this year they are a plague like the fire ants.

Good news was she didn't mind the black that much and loves the stove. This Samsung is a beast for sure. Well made in Thailand of all places but night and day to the whirlpool. Much heavier, more solid, controls are smoother. All around better. When I do the kitchen out goes the Whirlpool fridge whose ice maker door busted 1yr in. Buying a Samsung. Rather buy American but not buying junk.

The Hot Point oven at camp is 50yrs or more old. Runs on a pilot light each side and works like a charm. It will outlast all this modern junk. I was just sorry to see the Serval Fridge go out the door.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    No mice allowed.

They can have fumes or something in their poop that if it gets in the air as dust and ya breath some of it---- you die.
    Hantavirus is no joke

Boolit Master

Bought the new house a dozen years ago, renovated the kitchen. New stove was a double, regular and pizza oven. Wife loves it to this day. That thanksgiving, dinner was at the new house. Dinner was a huge affair, both ovens, full. Oven in the toy hauler, full. Next door neighbor's oven, full. Neighbor across the street, full.

Wife was cooking for the extra family, the neighbors, big affair. Not as much as the 2 families who lost loved ones to 2 separate drunk driving incidents just the day before. I love how big my wife's heart is, and my neighbor's parents, Sandy and Windy are always caring for others. If Windy wants a fancy oven, she needs it. My oven in the other house croaked, simple mother board swap. She bought me a new oven because I bake too when I'm out west. Time to fire up the grill, 10 pounds of chicken to grill and some to shred for enchiladas!
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Grand Master
    Nothing is "Made in America" anymore.
    It's "assembled" in America.
    Parts are all made in china or mexico.
    It's a way they get away from paying the tariff tax.
    Sad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Nothing is "Made in America" anymore.
    It's "assembled" in America.
    Parts are all made in china or mexico.
    It's a way they get away from paying the tariff tax.
    Sad.

And the way Americans get to pay 'less'.

Boolit Master
    I had to laugh at fcvan's signature line in this thread...

Common sense Gun Safety . . .
    Is taught at the Range!